PDA

View Full Version : Looking around no luck (Yokota cars for sale)

dwest
04-15-2013, 01:56 AM
I am getting stationed in Yokota will be there in about 90 days infact. I am trying to find a website or atleast some links or info for people who are selling their own project cars.

When I was stationed at Kadena forums like Zeroyon existed back then that would have people PCSing or selling parts or partially built cars. I have had no luck finding something like this at Yokota.

Please let me know if you know of anything

fliprayzin240sx
04-17-2013, 08:58 PM
You looked at Yokota Yardsales? How the fuck are you going back to Japan already?!?!

dwest
04-18-2013, 12:34 AM
What do you mean how am I going back already? I was at Kadena from 2006 to 2008 that was 5 years ago... My time is up at Ramstein and I got orders to Yokota now...

Yes I checked yokota ads and its just a bunch of overpriced junk, or half beat GTR32's guys are asking like 10k for because its about 6 months out from being considered a classing...

I built my own car back at Kadena and sold it in Germany, but on the forums PCS specials were more common and usually priced more fairly.

Yokota ads is gonna sale base 180's for 3k while Zeroyon would give you a partially built 180 with PFC and some goodies for the same price or cheaper depending on how tired the guy was of the car or how old he was etc...

I ran into an old buddy Skrappy when I was deployed who says he was getting out of the military and staying at Kadena but we lost touch he told me Zeroyon shut down from some stupid beef or something...

I just want to secure a decent platform before I arrive but it looks like im gonna end up paying Ruby almost 8 grand for a base model car since everyone is hiding the forums smh...

usafdarkhorse
04-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Zeroyon is still alive and well.

I'm at Yokota. Not much going on here car wise and yokota ads pretty much is it as far as cars go.

FWIW, I'm in the middle of selling my Spec R and getting only limited interest.

fliprayzin240sx
04-18-2013, 09:45 PM
What do you mean how am I going back already? I was at Kadena from 2006 to 2008 that was 5 years ago... My time is up at Ramstein and I got orders to Yokota now...

Yes I checked yokota ads and its just a bunch of overpriced junk, or half beat GTR32's guys are asking like 10k for because its about 6 months out from being considered a classing...

I built my own car back at Kadena and sold it in Germany, but on the forums PCS specials were more common and usually priced more fairly.

Yokota ads is gonna sale base 180's for 3k while Zeroyon would give you a partially built 180 with PFC and some goodies for the same price or cheaper depending on how tired the guy was of the car or how old he was etc...

I ran into an old buddy Skrappy when I was deployed who says he was getting out of the military and staying at Kadena but we lost touch he told me Zeroyon shut down from some stupid beef or something...

I just want to secure a decent platform before I arrive but it looks like im gonna end up paying Ruby almost 8 grand for a base model car since everyone is hiding the forums smh...

You wont have the same pickings in Yokota just cuz its a small ass base. Less Amerikajins, less cars for sale. Less cars in the market, more expensive cars cuz they know theres not a whole lot of supply out there. You'd be better off looking for a car off base from a Japanese.

Zeroyon never shut down, he was talking about Inner Sanctum, our lil anti-ZY forum.

And BS, you never built a car...you had Stec build your shit. :bowrofl:.

Luvs2slide
04-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Your best bet is to try places like Goo-net, Tradecarvew, etc (online dealers).

I just had two buddies pick up virgin s13s for about $3k.

You can also try the facebook group Race for Japan...they are based more in the southern region.

shane1010
05-07-2013, 01:24 AM
I can buy cars from auction with the help of my Japanese business partner. We are legally aproved to sell cars on base.(yokosuka base) Let me know what your looking for and maybe we can help you out.

20MM
05-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Have you seen these?

yokotacars.com – The best used cars for sale near Yokota Japan! (http://yokotacars.com/)