PDA

View Full Version : Slang

old_s13
04-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Every once and a while I run into words that I have no clue what they mean... I am sure we all have a level of slang we get and dont get.

Words like chicken head, biznizitch, skeet, booka, whatever.. every once and a while you just run into people who just dont understand the slang. Most of the time, just use google or urbandictionary.. or hell, ask a friend with some slang-smarts and pickup on the knowledge.

The word I am currently trying to pickup? CRIMEY. Examples? DJ Quik has a song called "Sex Crimey." I think even Noreaga has a song called "Crimey" ...

hmm

Phlip
04-18-2004, 09:13 PM
I would personally, using context clues, think "crimey" (or 'grimey' as was the name of that Noreaga song) to be a noun for a knucklehead or thug-type individual... This is, of course, my own personal speculation and I have no idea if that was the intention, just opinion.

Jeff240sx
04-18-2004, 09:36 PM
The Zilvia.net "Ask a Black Guy" post... hehehe
-Jeff

Phlip
04-18-2004, 09:43 PM
The Zilvia.net "Ask a Black Guy" post... hehehe
-Jeff
Maybe so, anyone else got any questions? I promise that my answers will be better than paul mooney's...

Kid Zelda
04-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Ask a Greek guy !>! haha

FHLIB- Why do black people drive red car when their crips ?

old_s13
04-18-2004, 09:57 PM
I would personally, using context clues, think "crimey" (or 'grimey' as was the name of that Noreaga song) to be a noun for a knucklehead or thug-type individual...

yeah thats what i was thinkin.. but ive heard it used in several different ways so it was getting confusing.. but whatever, its not a popular word.

bcuz, dis be wot u need to do if you iz to try to twin-up with the bloods.

Phlip
04-18-2004, 10:06 PM

You know what Mike? You're fuckin crazy.

Kid Zelda
04-18-2004, 10:19 PM

fer real, dat only happun whun they iz tryin to rake away da Mackin' Centa .. lets do wot Tupac hand Biggie neva do .. EAST STAINES + WEST STANIES .. toothgether

Jeff240sx
04-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Maybe so, anyone else got any questions? I promise that my answers will be better than paul mooney's...

You don't like Paul Mooney? His Negrodamus (sp?) is funny as hell! His Wayne Brady attack made me laugh for a long time.
-Jeff

Phlip
04-18-2004, 10:49 PM
You don't like Paul Mooney? His Negrodamus (sp?) is funny as hell! His Wayne Brady attack made me laugh for a long time.
-Jeff
Don't get it mixed up, I love Mooney, even from long before Negrodamus... I got a couple of CDs with his shit on it from a long time ago, and I can't forget that he did a lot of writing for one of the best standup comics of our lifetimes, RIchard Pryor.

Jeff240sx
04-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Don't get it mixed up, I love Mooney, even from long before Negrodamus... I got a couple of CDs with his shit on it from a long time ago, and I can't forget that he did a lot of writing for one of the best standup comics of our lifetimes, RIchard Pryor.

Wow. Major spelling issue with Mooney's character.
Pryor was voted the number 1 standup of all time according to Comedy Central. And I agree, to a point. How can a comedian have a "writer"? Isn't that what a comedian gets paid to do, and inherantly part of job title? I just have never gotten it. A comedian with a writer is just an actor.
Pryor deserved number one, especially for what he's been through, and his ability to tell personal, horrible stories and make audiences laugh.
-Jeff

Phlip
04-18-2004, 11:22 PM
It's kinda one of those "dark secrets" of comedy, that comedians, even standup comedians, have writers... Like when Ted Danson got on that awards show a few years back and told "nigger" and "coon" jokes, they were written by none other than, get THIS shit, Whoopi Goldberg... But with Pryor, he wrote most of his own shit, as far as standup goes, especially his personal accounts of actual events and what have you, but Mooney wrote some of the other stuff and was Rich's main collaberator on "The Richard Pryor Show," the show he had that only had like 4 episodes see the air, while having MADE several more. He was ahead of his time, but the DVD just came out last week, I grabbed it yesterday, but haven't taken it out of the plastic yet...

old_s13
04-19-2004, 01:25 AM
http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/175945-315-1/film.AliGIndahouse.jpg

Its all about de John Nike Leisure Center. :)

old_s13
04-19-2004, 01:32 AM
Well.. it really depends Mr Jeff. Good comedians or music artists (makes no difference) are capable of writing their own stuff. But, if you have a writer who helps thats also good too. I think most music artists and comedians focus on presenting their material, not always creating it.

phllllllip> You know what Mike? You're fuckin crazy.

haha whats even crazier is when people meet me.. and realize i'm even worse in reality.

ps: i dont like people playin on my phone...!!! gotsta keep it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!

old_s13
04-19-2004, 01:37 AM
okokokkkok i got another...

translate this one

"whats really hood"

damn this one i cant figure out either...

edit: okay i got it! "whats the problem" damn... that one took some lookup :)

Phlip
04-19-2004, 05:36 AM
Okay Mike, that is one that changes at times, mostly due to white people catching on to and using slang... It started with a simple "hello," to "what's happening?" which became "what's up?" and all of the many ways there came to day just that, which as recently (again thanks in part to Noreaga) as last year became "What's Good," but in an effort to make it as ghetto as it could possibly be, became "what's hood..."

This is getting fun

Steeles
04-19-2004, 08:04 AM
hehe the ebonics dictionary is written in pencil cause it changes weekly. :)

Var
04-19-2004, 10:47 AM
i got one.

What's this mean?

"YEEAAHHH!!! YEEAHHHHHh!!! OOOKKKAAAYYY!!!"
It must have some secret message or else artist wouldnt have his annoying self blabbing it out all over their tracks.

Var
04-19-2004, 10:48 AM
If you guys really want to get confused just listen to some E-40. He has his own vocabulary. Literally has hundreds of made up words that he uses.

crioten
04-19-2004, 11:20 AM
i dont mean to sound racist or anything, but sometimes its really hard to understand black people (us white people are slow lol) i think its the mixture of quick slang and fast talking...and then other times its as clear as a bell...weird...

its almost as bad sometimes as a scottish accent (SP?)

S14Speed997
04-19-2004, 12:46 PM
PHLIP....Am I correct in assuming "skeet" means : to shoot a load, ejaculate, splooge?

old_s13
04-19-2004, 12:48 PM
i dont mean to sound racist or anything, but sometimes its really hard to understand black people (us white people are slow lol) i think its the mixture of quick slang and fast talking...

hahaha thats because most white folk dont understand mush mouth thats all

crioten
04-19-2004, 01:02 PM
true that...

edit: i should have said something more witty, like WORD lol

nokeone
04-19-2004, 01:57 PM
E-40 is awesome....i love his made up words...such comedy...

hookedup240
04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
PHLIP....Am I correct in assuming "skeet" means : to shoot a load, ejaculate, splooge?

um....skeet, from where i'm from means to move quick or booking. Or like damn i was skeeting through traffic.

nokeone
04-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Smebbin...

dvdevo
04-19-2004, 03:07 PM
eagles.. something me and narc acidently made up. =x

old_s13
04-19-2004, 05:16 PM
um....skeet, from where i'm from means to move quick or booking. Or like damn i was skeeting through traffic.

hahahaa NO, sorry skeeter..

haha SKEET SKEET SKEET! haha

Salty_X
04-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Okay Mike, that is one that changes at times, mostly due to white people catching on to and using slang... It started with a simple "hello," to "what's happening?" which became "what's up?" and all of the many ways there came to day just that, which as recently (again thanks in part to Noreaga) as last year became "What's Good," but in an effort to make it as ghetto as it could possibly be, became "what's hood..."
Wow, I didn't realize that black people were really actively trying to keep ahead of white people catching on to their words. I've never even heard of what's good or what's hood before...

I'm out the flibbity flobbity floo...

Phlip
04-19-2004, 09:12 PM
i dont mean to sound racist or anything
Is it just me that thinks this, or does someone ALWAYS say that just before they say some shit to make themselves sound racist?

You, sir, are absolutely right...

WRONG, return to the rear of the line!!!

JtWo
04-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Lol...sorry...but I gotta ppost this picture now..

old_s13
04-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by crioten
i dont mean to sound racist or anything

Is it just me that thinks this, or does someone ALWAYS say that just before they say some shit to make themselves sound racist?

phlip, you're right yet again my friend...

salty> Wow, I didn't realize that black people were really actively trying to keep ahead of white people catching on to their words.

Its not so much a "black thing" -- its an "urban thing." Anyone with some street smarts likes to use words that Mr WhiteCollar wont understand. Its not so much a skin color, its a shirt-collar issue.

- Mike

Phlip
04-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Its not so much a "black thing" -- its an "urban thing." Anyone with some street smarts likes to use words that Mr WhiteCollar wont understand. Its not so much a skin color, its a shirt-collar issue.

- Mike
Ladies and gentlemen, Mike is exercising his right to be correct this time around, that is dead right... And it just doesn't apply to urban/suburban relations, it is a thing that goes across the board, small cultural differences are always subconsciously maintained by most, if not all polar opposites. Take cultural opposites and compare small subtlties to find proof of this...

EXTRA POINTS TO Salty_X for recognizing that part of my previous soliloquy was cribbed from Southpark...

Bliss
04-19-2004, 11:00 PM
e-40... unbelievable, not only does he make up his own words, but he's raps so damn fast. i dont think ive ever been able to understand him all the way through the first time...

crioten
04-19-2004, 11:12 PM
well, what do you want me to do then? i dont want to sound racist, and im not racist either...so?

in todays culture you have to respect the laws of what is and isnt pollitically correct or you will offend someone, and i dont want to offend people by making a statement...and if youre going to start with the "dont be a conformist" BS, dont waist your time...

and i think that it is also where you live, not just urban suburban either...when i lived in cali everyone talks different than people in missouri, where i live now...every once in a while i find myself asking what the fuck my friends from cali just said. and its not like i am a street retard, i spend a lot of time with people from the "underground drug culture"

the different regions have different sayings with different meanings...but there are still some cultural differences that only apply to white, blacks, latino, etc...

G_Fish240
04-19-2004, 11:23 PM
im black (half) and i dont get some slang as well, i think its about were you come from, being raised in japan and then coming here was a little weird at first but im use to it now

Salty_X
04-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have just said black people. I read your point loud and clear though. :bow: It's kind of like when my friends and I were living in the dorms and would use "slang" to talk about booze and drugs around the RAs... There's just certain people that you want to be in the know, and others that you don't.

EXTRA POINTS TO Salty_X for recognizing that part of my previous soliloquy was cribbed from Southpark...
I love South Park... :D

Phlip
04-20-2004, 06:39 AM
e-40... unbelievable, not only does he make up his own words, but he's raps so damn fast. i dont think ive ever been able to understand him all the way through the first time...
Which is exactly why I don't listen to him, I find it hard to give a shit that something is being said if I can't understand what is being said. I find a lot of E-40's shit to be a result of him going too far out of his way to be different.

well, what do you want me to do then? i dont want to sound racist, and im not racist either...so?

What do I want you to do? I want you to think before you start a statement off with "I don't wanna sound racist, but..." because that usually means that you are about to say something to make yourself sound racist... Don't get me wrong, I give about a shit as far as what is and isn't politically correct, likle half the shit I say between myself and the guys that will NEVER see this board, but I make no bones about the fact that the shit I am saying is probably irresponsible as hell, chalk that up to my twisted sense of humor... I am not going to beat you in the head with any "don't be a conformist" bullshit, I will save that for some other dick, I will allow you your god given right to have a choice to be a dickhead or to follow the "in" crowd... I will, however, advise you that I wear my pants on my "waist" and "waste" my time doing bullshit like posting on message boards at 8:30am when I should be out running right now...

Jeff240sx
04-20-2004, 07:12 AM
Croiten, what it all comes down to is over-correcting. Precursory words like "I don't mean to sound racist," and "I'm not gay, but," and "Don't get me wrong, I love xxxxx, but," all plant a seed in someone's head that wasn't previously there.
When it comes down to racism... I take Chris Rock's stand on it. There are black people, and then there are ... hmm.. you get it. Some of the black people I've met and talked to are the nicest people you will find anywhere. Some of the others are the most unintelligent, don't give a shit about others, yell at their kids in a movie theatre, then "SHHHH!" you when you whisper something to your girlfriend.. you get it.
What it all comes down to in racism is "Does the color of someone else's skin bother you." And to me, I rarely realize it's there. Its the intelligence of someone that makes me judge them.

Now. We should get back on track of this thread. Ask a black person!
-Jeff

Phlip
04-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Very well put Jeff, and i agree wholeheartedly... Although, on the other hand, I look at people and the color of their skin DOES bother me, I find that black people fight an uphill battle to find my good side.

bchumley
04-20-2004, 07:48 AM
so, for the longest time I thought crunked referred to getting f'd up. but recently I hear crunk being used in replace of "cool" or something similar. i'm sure this is an easy one for someone in the know.

Phlip
04-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Crunk/Crunked = Hyper or excited, pay attention to the amount of energy in the (so-called, I don't make a habit of listening to the shit) music of those that claim to be crunk...

bchumley
04-20-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm a pretty diverse person in regards to music, however I admittedly have very little knowledge of the good rap/hip hop stuff out there that isn't on the radio nonstop. A friend of mine introduced me to Jurassic 5 a few years back, and they kick ass, and he also told me to pick up a Cannibal Ox cd, which I also like pretty well. What other good stuff is out there that isn't so mainstream, yet is still easy enough to find on a national level?

Sorry if this isn't quite related to this thread topic...

S14Speed997
04-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Wow, I didn't realize that black people were really actively trying to keep ahead of white people catching on to their words. I've never even heard of what's good or what's hood before...

I'm out the flibbity flobbity floo...

I always thought this went back to when there was slavery, so that the white people couldn't understand any plans, or that black people could communicate with each other without having to worry about the white man overhearing...

And just to make it clear, I totally oppose any type of slavery that happened or ever will happen..

S14Speed997
04-20-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm a pretty diverse person in regards to music, however I admittedly have very little knowledge of the good rap/hip hop stuff out there that isn't on the radio nonstop. A friend of mine introduced me to Jurassic 5 a few years back, and they kick ass, and he also told me to pick up a Cannibal Ox cd, which I also like pretty well. What other good stuff is out there that isn't so mainstream, yet is still easy enough to find on a national level?

Sorry if this isn't quite related to this thread topic...

The good rap died about 5 years ago...Get some older NAS and yes, Cannibus has some bad a$$ stuff...umm, Tupac of course, KRS-1....Lost Boys...Goodie Mod...tons of other stuff...

Phlip
04-20-2004, 09:43 AM
I always thought this went back to when there was slavery, so that the white people couldn't understand any plans, or that black people could communicate with each other without having to worry about the white man overhearing...

Actually, that was the thing that necessitated "spirituals," the songs that the slaves sang in the middle of their work and at night, masked as gospel-like songs but were metaphors for other things, instructions for escape, right down to the detais of when and where... For an idea of someone simply changing a dialect to confuse their captors, look to the west indies, where you will find Patois (listen to reggae) which was constructed ONLY so the english slave masters in the west indies and surrounding areas would not be able to understand them, but if you listen for long enough you'll be able to understand what means what...

Phlip
04-20-2004, 09:47 AM
The good rap died about 5 years ago...Get some older NAS and yes, Cannibus has some bad a$$ stuff...umm, Tupac of course, KRS-1....Lost Boys...Goodie Mod...tons of other stuff...
I won't go there with you, good hip hop exists right now, even though there is plenty of shitty rap fucking up the radio... Listen to Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Kanye West or damn near anything else that has come out of Rawkus Records over the last few years... For elite lyricism not bastardized by hype that can still get a good song and album across, look to Royce Da 5'9". Go get the new Dilated People's CD, then make sure you get the 2 commercially released and one underground/independent album before it. Not a knock against anything you stated above (while I never was a huge 'pac fan) as I have all of what you named, some of which I will call classic material, but I thing it very short sighted of you to say that "good rap died 5 years ago."

old_s13
04-20-2004, 10:05 AM
phlip> I won't go there with you, good hip hop exists right now, even though there is plenty of shitty rap fucking up the radio... Listen to Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Kanye West or damn near anything else that has come out of Rawkus Records over the last few years...

haha yup yup.. in my eyes, sure we lost a great rapper who was WAY ahead of his time (or just genius) but just because tupac is gone, doesnt mean rap is. There was a HUGE pause after he died, it seemed like all I was listening to were shitty rappers trying to "step up" once tupac died.. but anyone with any sense would be able to see through them and catch on to GOOD artists like Talib, Mos Def, and the others you listed above. I keep telling people to check out some of these new artists but some people like to just sleep on good stuff. My brother just doesnt like that type of rap, what can I say.. he's old-school 1988 KDAY West Coast/gangster rap.. hehe thats his thing.

s14speed997> And just to make it clear, I totally oppose any type of slavery that happened or ever will happen..

No shit? Hey man, I didnt know there were plans to bring that slavery shit back! PM me man, I wanna get my dibs now and reserve a slave. jeeeeeeeeez come on man, why even bother mentioning something like this? I cant imagine ANYONE possibly saying "yes, i am racist and i love slavery." haha come on now...

Jeff> Croiten, what it all comes down to is over-correcting. Precursory words like "I don't mean to sound racist,"

Nah its really not that big of a deal.. I've used words like that in stories I share, I usually say shit like that when talking about REALLY sensative jokes when I am around a new person I've never met just so they can get an idea of where I am coming from. There is a BIG difference between saying shit like that because you
a) are racist but saying this as a disclaimer to HIDE your ignorance
or b, do what I do...
b) use this as a disclaimer to let people know that you are going to talk about some contraversial shiiet

Words are words, people will always find ways to twist them and make you look stupid or racist. The important thing is the reality: do you have friends of different nationalities? If so, then you shouldnt worry.. just dont say stupid shit and learn not to offend people by stepping on toes.

There is a tact to being able to talk about racially contaversial things, and it all depends on HOW its done. Dave Chappelle is a mastermind because he has FUN with racial stereotypes. I heard someone call him a "racist" the other day and I laughed in their face. He's not a racist (in that negative way) he's just a smart ass mothafucka because its obvious he has the friends and lived the life to KNOW the street stereotypes. You can tell when people have lived the life and know the street jokes.

- Mike

ps: Crunk is a mix of getting crazy and getting drunk, crazy drunk = crunk.

ps: I am not much of an e40 fan either, not that his music isnt good but its too quick and complex for my stupid ass. I just figure he's doing his thing to try to be different.. which is too different for me. Although, since I like tooshort and rappin 4-tay, its always nice to hear e40 popup in their stuff from time to time.. i just cant handle FULL e40.. its overwhelming.

S14Speed997
04-20-2004, 10:19 AM
I won't go there with you, good hip hop exists right now, even though there is plenty of shitty rap fucking up the radio... Listen to Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Kanye West or damn near anything else that has come out of Rawkus Records over the last few years... For elite lyricism not bastardized by hype that can still get a good song and album across, look to Royce Da 5'9". Go get the new Dilated People's CD, then make sure you get the 2 commercially released and one underground/independent album before it. Not a knock against anything you stated above (while I never was a huge 'pac fan) as I have all of what you named, some of which I will call classic material, but I thing it very short sighted of you to say that "good rap died 5 years ago."

I stand corrected on your naming Mos Def, Kweli, and Kanye...As far as my "rap died 5 years ago" comment, I have just been frustrated with everyone coming out with duets with either Ashanti, Beyonce, or one of the girls from SWV lol...The only duet I can stand is Mary J. Blige & Method Man...In my opinion, most of the stuff coming out these days are "made for radio"...To get hooks caught in your head...Instead of preaching...again, just my opinion..............now, back to the thread , " SLANG" lol

S14Speed997
04-20-2004, 10:24 AM
s14speed997> And just to make it clear, I totally oppose any type of slavery that happened or ever will happen..
OLD S13 :
"No shit? Hey man, I didnt know there were plans to bring that slavery shit back! PM me man, I wanna get my dibs now and reserve a slave. jeeeeeeeeez come on man, why even bother mentioning something like this? I cant imagine ANYONE possibly saying "yes, i am racist and i love slavery." haha come on now..."

ARE YOU BLIND? THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH SLAVERY, AND PEOPLE WHO WOULD STILL WANT SLAVERY AROUND..AND IN SOME PLACES, THERE STILL IS SLAVERY...DONT BE SO NAIVE...
GROWING UP IN THE NORTH, AND MOVING TO THE SOUTH, YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT SOME OF THE THINGS I SEE DOWN HERE IN SOME PARTS.

Var
04-20-2004, 10:31 AM
"FULL E-40".. that's good stuff. Listening to E-40 makes you feel like you pounded hella Mad Dog 20/20 and smoked a swisher too fast. Yaaameean?

Arguing about hip hop can last forever. everyone has their opinions. Most people dont agree with me when i say Tupac was waaay over rated as a rapper, mostly i find his life story to be more interesting and appealing than his actual music(even though he was telling his life story through his music)
I see tupac as a hypocritical self-contradictory preacher. I like how B.I.G. used to tell his stories. i little more twisted, not straight up in your face loud mouthin. yaaaaameean?

And to PHLIP....I read your review about the Kanye West album a couple of months ago. I was compelled to go out and buy it. Mind you I have not paid for a hip hop cd, much less any cd for that matter ever since napster came out...And i bought it. My first impression of it was way different than what i'm used to listening to(Taydatay, RBL posse, GLP, San quinn, E-40, older brutha lynch, 51/50...etc etc) I basically listened to the cd once through and just left it alone. A week later, i put it back in the cd player and it started to listen to my preferred tracks. One of the ones i liked is the one he just made the video for(with the chick) Anyways..i think Kanye has some real talent as an artist and i put College Dropout at the top of my list for hip hop albums.. You guys like DEL? Dr Octagon? unique mindfuck quality to that stuff.

edit And Yes Mos Def is mos def skilled

Var
04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
ARE YOU BLIND? THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH SLAVERY, AND PEOPLE WHO WOULD STILL WANT SLAVERY AROUND..AND IN SOME PLACES, THERE STILL IS SLAVERY...DONT BE SO NAIVE...
GROWING UP IN THE NORTH, AND MOVING TO THE SOUTH, YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT SOME OF THE THINGS I SEE DOWN HERE IN SOME PARTS.

Seriously..i was watching some stand up comedy..(dont remember who it was, was a black comedian) He got to talking about the south and blacks and history whatever...he said "Some n***as in Mississippi dont even know they're free yet" i LOled....lol

drift freaq
04-20-2004, 10:42 AM

no doubt, really good underground rap is alive and kicking hard in EL LAY :D . If you guys ever get out here you need to check out a club called Firecracker the 1st and 3rd friday of every month in Chinatown . you will not be dissapointed.

MakotoS13
04-20-2004, 11:26 AM

hey, thanks for helping with making us southerners look like a bunch of black hating degenerates. the very notion that slavery is a good idea is a very infrequent thing to come across. i've been here for 21 years and still haven't come upon a person bold enough to make that statement. the very idea of slavery is retarded (especiallyt with the advent of technology). why have a hundred people do what one machine could do? that just wouldn't be productive, nevermind the imorality of the subject. YOU are the naive individual.

history lesson:

just to clarify, the civil war wasn't fought to over slavery. the south wanted to seperate from the union with a collective vote and the government kept them from doing so despite a practically unanimous vote in favor of the action. slavery was one of the side issues or straws on that camel's back.

evolution of language is natural and should be expected. what i don't get is why it's so cool to sound like a complete retard. i'm not racist unless that in some way denotes my distaste for people that glorify ignorance (don't know what that has to do with race but some like to take it that way). i could go off on how its retarded to put down your own race for fear of being labeled a racist but that's unecessary, i feel.

i can't respect a rapper than can make a whole chorus from one made up word. i respect the talent of his marketing division :) Outkast is freaking brilliant and they prove it through using the english language to convey ideas in a very creative manner instead of creating slang to overcome "writers block" or "lack of talent". public enemy, outkast, ice cube, snoop, Dr. Dre... i likes... most hip hop/rap i pretty much can't stand.

p.s. oh yeah, eminem is brilliant too.

p.p.s. okay, i'm done.

S14Speed997
04-20-2004, 12:00 PM

hey, thanks for helping with making us southerners look like a bunch of black hating degenerates. the very notion that slavery is a good idea is a very infrequent thing to come across. i've been here for 21 years and still haven't come upon a person bold enough to make that statement. the very idea of slavery is retarded (especiallyt with the advent of technology). why have a hundred people do what one machine could do? that just wouldn't be productive, nevermind the imorality of the subject. YOU are the naive individual.

history lesson:

just to clarify, the civil war wasn't fought to over slavery. the south wanted to seperate from the union with a collective vote and the government kept them from doing so despite a practically unanimous vote in favor of the action. slavery was one of the side issues or straws on that camel's back.

First of all, shut the f*ck up... Do i live in Texas? NO...Do I speak for Texans? NO.............I said I have seen it, and it is still around..I was commenting on a very sensitive subject, and wanted to make my stance crystal clear...You don't know me..

nokeone
04-20-2004, 12:17 PM
gang starr...

BiluMaster K's
04-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Kids' gettin jel.....I aint never kick it wit Philp, but he straight sonnin' cats. Rawkus got that!

Holla at yourself.

MakotoS13
04-20-2004, 04:46 PM
First of all, shut the f*ck up... Do i live in Texas? NO...Do I speak for Texans? NO.............I said I have seen it, and it is still around..I was commenting on a very sensitive subject, and wanted to make my stance crystal clear...You don't know me..

sure you spoke for texas. you said

MOVING TO THE SOUTH, YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT SOME OF THE THINGS I SEE DOWN HERE IN SOME PARTS

i mean, idunno if you realize this but texas is a southern state and since you were speaking for "the south" it looks like texas is not exempt from your observation.alright, i'm not arguing that there aren't people stupid enough to believe that slavery is a good idea. i'm put off by yet another portrayal of the southern states as a bunch of slack jawed yokals. yeah, you didn't say ALL or even most but it's still one more image of a retarded group of states that hasn't been brought into the 21st century. seriously, everytime i see a southern state on the news there's a cow or jim bob the farmer with an accent so thick you could cut it with butter.

it's only a sensitive subject because people like you keep poking it and sayin "sorry bout that, does it still hurt? are you okay? i want to make you as comfortable as possible but we're equal in every way unless you feel like making fun of my race which is perfectly acceptable because we ALL owe you a whole lot even though we never directly did anything bad to you". like a freaking ACLU bleeding heart liberal (not that i'm calling you one).

overreaction: yes
i care a lot: no

>init term

nokeone
04-20-2004, 04:53 PM
only thing comes from Texas is steers and queers...you don't look much like a steer to me Archangelprez...

Bliss
04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
i just like the crazy stuff that e-40 comes up with. i dont understand half of it, i just think its interesting cuz i could never come up with something like that.

good rap hasnt died. good rock hasnt died. good music hasnt died. dont get caught up in the past.

old_s13
04-20-2004, 05:03 PM
FUCK THAT SHIT...

i love bitches with bigass titties.

nokeone
04-20-2004, 05:06 PM
mmmhm concur...

Wei240
04-20-2004, 05:24 PM
geez, ppl need to chill...

this bores me, anyone up for a game of basketball?

game, blouses

that was a good game
i was i could say the same about you and your group of flunkies

bitches

Var
04-20-2004, 05:24 PM
why dont we all play a nice game of shut the hell up

nokeone
04-20-2004, 05:30 PM
maddox is the shit!...

Var
04-20-2004, 05:41 PM
http://maddox.xmission.com/racist.html

MakotoS13
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
only thing comes from Texas is steers and queers...you don't look much like a steer to me Archangelprez...

man, that's clever. did you come up with that all by yourself? i swear, that's genius! i've never heard that anywhere ever before ever. you should have your own show with comedic brilliance like that. watch out dave chappelle, this guy is makin his debut by BBQ-ing my arse with the most wicked flame i've ever seen. just dripping with artistic talent, that is! for real man, why are you wasting material like that on internet forums when you have a world to conquer with pure wit! hey, maybe this kind of magnificence is what the middle east needs! i bet that's it! it must be hard to sit still knowing you have SO much talent to use for the benefit of all mankind! wow, i'm simply amazed. ya know, i could go on but you'll probably volley another another missile of intelligence and i'd hate to make anyone scroll down any further before witnessing your obvious mastery of the comedic arts.

:)

nokeone
04-20-2004, 06:58 PM
man, that's clever. did you come up with that all by yourself? i swear, that's genius! i've never heard that anywhere ever before ever. you should have your own show with comedic brilliance like that. watch out dave chappelle, this guy is makin his debut by BBQ-ing my arse with the most wicked flame i've ever seen. just dripping with artistic talent, that is! for real man, why are you wasting material like that on internet forums when you have a world to conquer with pure wit! hey, maybe this kind of magnificence is what the middle east needs! i bet that's it! it must be hard to sit still knowing you have SO much talent to use for the benefit of all mankind! wow, i'm simply amazed. ya know, i could go on but you'll probably volley another another missile of intelligence and i'd hate to make anyone scroll down any further before witnessing your obvious mastery of the comedic arts.

:)

haha...you're funny...:hahano:

now go check out Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket"...then come back and appologize to me for completely missing the humor in my statement and not knowing that it was, 100%, a joke...

great movie anyway...

Phlip
04-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Okay, this morning I saw this thread as my exacting my racial hatred fixation and using it to answer questions about "black" slang... I jump on the bike and do 3 miles, take a shower and go to get food and then to work and it has digressed to a thread about who is or isn't racist... What the hell happened to you guys? Jeff, Mike, I am ashamed of the 2 of you for not holding this together while I was away...

Phlip
04-20-2004, 08:41 PM
=now go check out Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket"...then come back and appologize to me for completely missing the humor in my statement and not knowing that it was, 100%, a joke...

Full Metal Jacket is the SHIT, I saw that movie for the first time about a million years ago, when I was far too young to see someone grease his drill sergeant on the way to blowing his own brains out on the shitter... I bought the DVD a couple weeks ago just to have it...

MakotoS13
04-21-2004, 06:20 AM
haha...you're funny...:hahano:

now go check out Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket"...then come back and appologize to me for completely missing the humor in my statement and not knowing that it was, 100%, a joke...

great movie anyway...

T.D. "oh, i get it, it's very clever."

sadly, some people actually think refried insults like that actually work :) i just like to cover all my bases ;) darn the internet for not conveying tone and intent.

sykikchimp
04-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Archangelprez - STFU you stupid racist. :whip: :fart:

Steeles
04-21-2004, 07:29 AM
Phlip you shoulda had your old sig up for this thread! I cant stand the show now and havent watched it in a decade at least but the old school saturday night live. back when Richard Pryor and Dan Akroyd were on. they did a skit where Dan was interviewing Rich for a job. they were at the end of the interview and they did a word association test that was the funniest shit I had ever seen! It starts off normal but then they start into obscure racial remarks and it just gets hilarious. me and my buddy Nathan got in trouble at school for weeks reinacting that scene cause teachers were tripping that we were sitting in school going back and forth with that stuff.

Phlip
04-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Phlip you shoulda had your old sig up for this thread! I cant stand the show now and havent watched it in a decade at least but the old school saturday night live. back when Richard Pryor and Dan Akroyd were on. they did a skit where Dan was interviewing Rich for a job. they were at the end of the interview and they did a word association test that was the funniest shit I had ever seen! It starts off normal but then they start into obscure racial remarks and it just gets hilarious. me and my buddy Nathan got in trouble at school for weeks reinacting that scene cause teachers were tripping that we were sitting in school going back and forth with that stuff.
I changed it before this thread happened and I may change it again sometime soon, but I LIKE A-Team and watch it whenever I can catch it on, which is becoming increasingly rare nowadays... I like the saturday night live where Rich and some other guy were playing ministers who had to exorcise a demon from a little girl, and she started insulting them to the point where they stopped worrying about the demon and just started choking her...

Steeles
04-21-2004, 09:36 AM
hahaha I like that one too! wasnt it gilda radner playing the possesed chick?

and why by reading this thread do I feel the urge to go harass our favorite waitresses? Jen asked about you when we went sat... I think it was

old_s13
04-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Okay, this morning I saw this thread as my exacting my racial hatred fixation and using it to answer questions about "black" slang... I jump on the bike and do 3 miles, take a shower and go to get food and then to work and it has digressed to a thread about who is or isn't racist... What the hell happened to you guys? Jeff, Mike, I am ashamed of the 2 of you for not holding this together while I was away...

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.....

im fuckin greek.. leave me out of this racial shit. all you gotta know is that i get down with EVERY nationality.

why?

because there's just TOO many good looking woman that could use MAH dick. shit, being racist is like purposely limiting yourself in the amount of pooonanny you can get.

im talkin bout latin girls, latin girls.. whats happenin girls..

i'm talkin bout sweet black poonanny...

im talkin bout ALL types of niiiiiice laddddddddies that could use... zadick.

Steeles
04-21-2004, 11:34 AM
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.....

im fuckin greek.. leave me out of this racial shit. all you gotta know is that i get down with EVERY nationality.

why?

because there's just TOO many good looking woman that could use MAH dick. shit, being racist is like purposely limiting yourself in the amount of pooonanny you can get.

im talkin bout latin girls, latin girls.. whats happenin girls..

i'm talkin bout sweet black poonanny...

im talkin bout ALL types of niiiiiice laddddddddies that could use... zadick.

black white they're all the same when I turn off the lights

Phlip
04-22-2004, 09:36 AM
How could I fail women's studies? I LOVE BITCHES!!!

old_s13
04-22-2004, 10:26 AM

oh? so you're a night-fighter, huh? haha

How could I fail women's studies? I LOVE BITCHES!!!

fer reals, fer reals flilip.. i iz feelin de muff.

ere me now, ere me now... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiide de poonanny!

Steeles
04-22-2004, 10:28 AM

oh? so you're a night-fighter, huh? haha

actually not so much... .I like seeing the O face :eek: :faint: :naughtyd:

Phlip
06-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Not to revive old threads (I'm lying thru my fuckin teeth, I did this shit on purpose) but hat exactly is meant by the word sovereignty (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sovereignty), especially gieven the context revolving around the situation that the word is frequesntly tied to?