PDA

View Full Version : S13 Wont Turn Off ! HELP !

livelovesole
04-14-2013, 09:54 AM
I aqquired my '93 S13 recently and had no issuses whatsoever. The only issue I had with the car was the wiring ( previous owner did a horrible/ horrendous job with wiring ). car turned off and on with no issuses at all, until recently when i would go to turn off the car and it stayed on. Drove without the key in the ignition. I thought the ignition switch went bad, so I started experimenting and installed a push button start to eliminate the ignition switch. I still have the same problem, it wont turn off. I need help and guidance to see what choices and options are to dealing w/ this issue.

Dolby109
04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't know the exact procedures for when a car shuts off, but I'm sure you could wire up fuel system and ignition switches off the fuse box and kill them to turn off the car. Bonus it would make your car seem more like a race car or airplane!

240boi115
04-15-2013, 05:17 PM
dissconnect the battery to shut the car off...it seems obvious and if youre already doing this then i have been no help.. as for the issue maybe its the wiring to the ignition thats bad... so when you installed the push start where was it spliced in if done so...