PDA

View Full Version : sils14zenki

KendallH
04-11-2013, 08:02 AM
User: sils14zenki
Transaction Review: Poor, would not do business again
Thread: http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/507268-selena-gomez-precision-turbo-6262-aem-series-1-mushimoto-radiator-tail-wastegate.html
Items purchased: Precision 6262, Tial 38mm, wastegate dump, turbo manifold, AEM EMS.

I first contacted the seller on 3/11/13 regarding a group of items for sale. Payment was made on 3/15/13 (Friday) for the items. The items arrived the following Tuesday, and I was quite pleased with how quickly the seller shipped! Unfortunately upon inspection of the items, I noticed that the AEM EMS which the seller had clearly told me was for an SR20, had a very strange looking harness connector. Upon further research, the I determined that the AEM was for a Honda Prelude/Acura CL2.2 (Honda H22 motor).

Before I asked the seller for a refund (which I knew would be an uphill battle), I contacted several local shops, and even contacted Wiring Specialties to see if a wiring harness could be made to allow me to use the EMS. I was basically told either "no" or "yeah, but it'll be about $700". I also tried to sell the EMS locally on Honda forums and craigslist with no luck. So I was forced to ask the seller for a refund. After several different excuses such as "I didn't know it was for a Honda, it came off an SR", and "you should have asked more questions about the EMS" (what???), the seller declined a partial refund for the EMS.

I began the paypal dispute process on 4/4/13. The seller once again declined my refund, but interestingly, he did offer to send me a half refund and the wiring harness to make the EMS work. After reading that, I realized that not only did the seller know full well I wouldn't be able to use the AEM without modification, but he clearly ripped me off. On 4/8/13 I escalated the dispute to a claim, and as of 4/11/13 PayPal decided in my favor (obviously) and I am receiving my requested refund.

tl;dr: Douche sold me an AEM for a Honda and told me it was for an SR, PayPal claim filed, getting a refund.

WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH sils14zenki AGAIN.