PDA

View Full Version : Damn I hate vectors

240Stilo
04-17-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't know about you guys but I hate these two classes right about now. I dunno if it's just cuz I'm pretty tired of school or cuz I have to study harder to understand the stuff this quarter but i want a break. I've gone through 2 calc classes and am on my 3rd which deals with vectors and shit. I'm barely starting my first physics so we're dealing with vectors speed velocity...yadda yadda. Sorry gotta vent but anyone else dealing with this confusing crap?

revat619
04-17-2004, 01:36 AM
Oh heck no! No vectors for me! :eek:

I'm in my second semester of college and i'm taking intermediate algebra/geometry right now and i cant stand it, but i hate math with a passion in general so go figure...hahaha

good luck though man, you're doing more than i WILL EVER do.

Grant
04-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Oh heck no! No vectors for me! :eek:

I'm in my second semester of college and i'm taking intermediate algebra/geometry right now and i cant stand it, but i hate math with a passion in general so go figure...hahaha

good luck though man, you're doing more than i WILL EVER do.

wtf? intermediate algebra and geometry??? wat did u take in HS then?

BadMoJo
04-17-2004, 03:08 AM
wtf? intermediate algebra and geometry??? wat did u take in HS then?

yeah I was thinkin the same thing. I mean shit, I SUCK ASS at math, but I remember taking those classes like freshman year of HS.... man that was awhile back... :-/

revat619
04-17-2004, 04:47 AM
YOU GUYS can kiss my ass! :fawkd:

I took up to algebra 3 in high school, but i ended up dropping it cuz i was gonna fail it! hahaha... anyway, what im taking now is called math 95. Basically its algebra 2 and 3 in one big ass book. oh yeah and this other geometry supplement book.

Whatever, i dont have the patience for stupid math, and i never will....if the train left at 9 o'clock going 60mph, how long will....BLAH BLAH BLAH. Somebody tell me why i was forced to learn that!

balmo
04-17-2004, 09:30 AM
becasue these are foundations to future classes that your gonna take, that is if your mechanical or aero enginnering.

EEdude
04-17-2004, 11:06 AM
becasue these are foundations to future classes that your gonna take, that is if your mechanical or aero enginnering.

they are the foundations for all Engineering.

Phlip
04-17-2004, 12:26 PM
The basis for engineering when given a practical application... You can spare me alln the trains leaving west bumfuck at 9pm and cleveland at 6pm, who in the piss cares... I was never a mathmetician in school, I took exactly what I had to take to graduate and kept it moving. On the other hand, however, I find the math I do and have done for school, majoring in Aviation Systems Technology, a lot easier to do, because I have actual shit to apply it to...

revat619
04-17-2004, 12:43 PM
The basis for engineering when given a practical application... You can spare me alln the trains leaving west bumfuck at 9pm and cleveland at 6pm, who in the piss cares... I was never a mathmetician in school, I took exactly what I had to take to graduate and kept it moving. On the other hand, however, I find the math I do and have done for school, majoring in Aviation Systems Technology, a lot easier to do, because I have actual shit to apply it to...

Thats EXACTLY what i'm talking about! In high school, I only took what math i had to to graduate as well. Like you were saying, the stuff that you can actually apply something to is cool, but the other bs is just pointless.

Kreator
04-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Thats EXACTLY what i'm talking about! In high school, I only took what math i had to to graduate as well. Like you were saying, the stuff that you can actually apply something to is cool, but the other bs is just pointless.

math is not there to help you calculate the exact something. It's there to develop your logic so you could think faster in whatever you do in life. cmon, business, comp sci, engineering even art all rely on math in one way or another.

heh calc was fine, linear algebra was decent but advanced linear algebra... that shiznit was owning me. Prolly cuz i slept through the class most of the time though lol. I had like a D- before the final, came in to the prof, was like "Dude, i need like a C to graduate". Prof: "You sleep through hte entire class and you expect me to help you?". C- was what i got lol.

DuffMan
04-17-2004, 07:01 PM
I took 3rd semester calc with the vectors. I didnt understand any of it, and managed to pull a D-. Woot!

X-Iceman
04-17-2004, 08:23 PM
bahahaha. math... bahahaha. i dont have to take another math again. 8-) but the sad thing is... doin standard math has gotten hard :'(. jk. but ya, i just found out i have to take two sciences n i was outraged. >:O!!

balmo
04-17-2004, 09:12 PM
they are the foundations for all Engineering.

eer, you are absolutley right

fastpace
04-17-2004, 09:17 PM
damn, I thought I was bad when I said that I needed more math so I opted for linear algebra and think it is pretty straight forward for the most part. But cal 1 and 2 suck balls.

Oh yeah, engineering sucks

240Stilo
04-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Engineering is a good way to make some money. But yeah I dunno if you guys ever took college algebra but it was totally different from my HS. I failed college algebra twice. Only way I got out of it was studying and testing out of the class. Calc 1 and 2 were not as difficult as 3. It seems like bullshit they just keep making up in calc 3.

Burmonster
04-18-2004, 02:59 PM
I dont like Vectors either
http://www.fast-autos.net/vector/m12.jpg
Too expensive and I think they are ugly

240KAT
04-18-2004, 10:30 PM
edit: wrong sign in name

Andrew Bohan
04-18-2004, 11:08 PM
i loved vectors in high school physics!!! my favorite!!!

i absolutely hated vecors and vector spaces in upper level college linear algebra (about 2 or 3 classes past calc 3 omg). i'd rather drive a riced out civic.
</life> end my life

and i'm a math minor

rrobe99999
04-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Vectors rock. They keep you from having to do algebra and calculus. I guess doing them manually sucks, but its only arithmetic. Using a fancy calculator is the way to go.

balmo
04-19-2004, 12:16 PM
composite (i.e. carbon fiber) uses vectors to calculate reduced stiffness matrix

240Stilo
04-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I really need to start hitting the books on this stuff cuz I'm pretty sure I will be failing. Being on zilvia all the time doesn't help either. It would probably be in my best interest if I got banned for a month.

xS1LV1Ax
04-20-2004, 04:02 PM
I actaullly like my Vector Geometry class im taking now. I was kinda forced to learn them in Calc 3. I wish i took Vector Geo. first tho. Its cake now. Its pretty easy if u just visualize/draw them. Im actaully doing well in phyics too cause of vectors. Engineering Mechanics (Statics) would be pretty hard if you dont know ur vectors. Actaully any of those "Engineering Mechanics Fundamentals" courses will need the use of vectors. Hehe, ive read a bunch of "Engineering sucks" haha. Its so true, but its the only thing that keeps me interested. I mean, even being borderline failure in college and the massive amounts of schoolwork, i still am interested in what we are learning....hmmm WTF did i just write :-/.