PDA

View Full Version : turbocharger report

element240
04-14-2004, 01:28 PM
i need to get some more information for my school report that i have to give.
i'm doing it on turbochargers and vehicles with turbo's (including unleaded fuel vehicles and diesel turbo'd trucks etc)

does anyone know of any good sites i can go to get graphs (i think i saw some graphs on hks's site before...) or more information on turbos,different trims, compressor and exhaust housing/turbine and compressor wheels, boost info, etc?

i already checked out howstuffworks.com and got good info, i want to get more info on how you could figure out what a good A/R is and how you can change different turbines and use different housings.....

so basically spill your knowledge and i can use it on my report :D

DS 240R
04-14-2004, 01:38 PM
check out the "Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow" series of articles by Mike Kojima in Sport Compact Car.

http://www.to4r.com/techsqbb.html

You might have to hunt around for the paper magazines though, but the sereis has all you want.

Jeff240sx
04-14-2004, 04:19 PM
www.howstuffworks.com
-Jeff

element240
04-14-2004, 08:02 PM
uh, i said i already checked that website and got good info from it....

but i want to know more about different turbine wheels in different compressor/exhaust housings etc if anyone can help me out.
example, t3/t4 hybrid turbo...

s14falcon
04-14-2004, 09:03 PM
http://www.turboneticsinc.com/compressor.html?action=display
Theres some compressor maps, although i really dont know how to understand them totally. And just from what ive seen, freshalloy is the place to go for turbo tech knowledge, some of the stuff they discuss is crazy, so technical.

element240
04-15-2004, 10:39 AM
hmm yea i don't understand that compressor map either.....

can anyone tell me what the different trims and numbers mean?(taken from hks's website for the hks gt2530 turbo :

HKS GT2530 - 320 PS Output

COMPRESSOR:
-Wheel- 63 Trim - 47.7 Inducer / 60.1 Major
-Housing- 60 Inlet / 50 Outlet - 0.60 A/R
TURBINE:
-Wheel- 76 Trim - 53.8 Major / 47.0 Exducer
-Housing- GT25/T3 inlets / Internal GT25/Skyline Type oulets - 0.64 A/R

what does the inducer/exducer and major numbers mean? are those numbers in mm?
also what does "trim" mean?