PDA

View Full Version : ow much is a 240sx sr20 swap worth? Please, looking to buy this week

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Please help, here is the link: it has alot of mods and such...please help? Not to sure about 240sx's im new to this stuff.

240sx S13 SR20det(bride,takata,hks,sparco..) (http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/3675260034.html)

KiLLeR2001
03-24-2013, 01:49 PM
fuuuuasdajsgdjhsagdjhgsadjhgsajdgjsagd

s14SRguy
03-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Welcome to zilvia! good to hear your deciding to drive a nissan. being the nice guy I am, Ill try and get in before the assholes do, so heres a tip to save you alot of flaming, make sure you use the search function next time, as this has already been discussed (and you can see for yourself over in the cars for sale section).

also I dont see any link, might want to check that out. you can use the edit button to modify your posts. and your whole post in general is pretty hard to understand, ill try to help anyways.

A sr'd 240sx's price can vary greatly depending on the condition of the chassis, motor, and interior, your talking in the range of $3500 for a beater that needs some love, up to $10,000+. my advice to you, google what to look for when buying a 240sx, and don't jump on the first one you see, look around at your options and such.

EliteDriftProductions
03-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Please help, here is the link: it has alot of mods and such...please help? Not to sure about 240sx's im new to this stuff.

240sx S13 SR20det(bride,takata,hks,sparco..) (http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/3675260034.html)

This is the car you want to buy?

There's a lot of goodies in the car. Looks like it already has an SR swap, just needs to be cleaned up from what it looks like. But when I was looking to do an SR swap in CA here, I went to go get a quote and a whole front clip imported from Japan is $2250 plus the labor if I wanted the shop to do it. Those bride seats are about a good grand plus. If the car was stock it would sell for $3k and were decent amount of miles. So over all I think it would be a good buy from what I know, plus you have a full body kit, wheels, and other after market parts that are big bucks. Let me know if this helped in a way lol.:2f2f:

OrangeVirus1
03-24-2013, 02:08 PM
totally depends on the condition of the car.. could go for 1200$ or 12,000$...

that car however, is pretty nice and I'd say 4,500-5000 is a good price

6650 is waaay too much.

EliteDriftProductions
03-24-2013, 02:12 PM

And yes WELCOME TO ZILVIA!! Glad your going Nissan as well!

There are a lot of douches I have to agree with S14SRGuy but you just need to ignore them, because they are losers :blah: who have nothing better to do. So hit me up if you have any other questions I would be glad to help :s101:

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 02:29 PM
totally depends on the condition of the car.. could go for 1200$ or 12,000$...

that car however, is pretty nice and I'd say 4,500-5000 is a good price

6650 is waaay too much.

thanks everyone, i was looking around at stocks and yes 3500 is pretty average...

this has 60k on swap also...gonna go this week to look.
Anything specific that is very important to look into for a 240sx?

like rust and dashboard are the only two i know...Where would rust be?

thanks, and the link is in there to the first guy...its just a hidden hyper link

S14jake
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
check if the seats and harnesses are real, very often they are fake and the owner insists they are real because they have a "made in japan" tag, replicas have that tag as well

zeebrah
03-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Whatthefuck is with all the niceness in this thread

240dream
03-24-2013, 02:52 PM
someone should start a"how much is this worth" thead just like "identify this" thread, would stop alot of random questions

kensrue88
03-24-2013, 02:55 PM
^hahahaha. I'm not even gonna hate but thanks for the laugh DriftKingNISSANMAN... Lol

RiskyRick
03-24-2013, 02:56 PM
someone should start a"how much is this worth" thead just like "identify this" thread, would stop alot of random questions

Thats a good idea. I 2nd the notion

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 03:08 PM
^hahahaha. I'm not even gonna hate but thanks for the laugh DriftKingNISSANMAN... Lol

Thought it was ideal, and im sorry if i messed up and posted in the wrong forum!

Im new and have to get a car by next week...So its a bit of a fast look...I know sounds sketchy but I've seen this car for a while now...Gonna check it out tomorrow or this week.

Again, where should i check for rust? Anyone?

S14jake
03-24-2013, 03:12 PM
google "rust s13"............

ultimateforce
03-24-2013, 03:21 PM
A LEGIT S13! Not a bootleg! Wowee!

Bumpkin203
03-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Frame rails get pretty bad on these. Shouldnt worry too much if its a tennessee car but still worth a look. Also in the engine bay where the battery is/was, also if they did some cutting for the FMIC and left bare metal. If I were looking to buy it I would ask maybe 5500. Obviously I haven't seen the car in person but from the craigslist ad he seems to be reaching on the price for mostly rep parts and a stock sr swapped coupe. Good luck!

OrangeVirus1
03-24-2013, 03:56 PM
i would ask maybe 5500!

+++++++++++1

S14jake
03-24-2013, 04:20 PM
i am impressed by the level of respect and politeness in this thread...but disappointed in the lack of entertaining flamage

jerry_beans
03-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Whatthefuck is with all the niceness in this thread

i am impressed by the level of respect and politeness in this thread...but disappointed in the lack of entertaining flamage

Hahaha your lucky the above Zilvians caught this thread first! People on here (a good 90%) are straight ass holes! Welcome to Zilvia. For sale thread will be your constant distraction

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Do the seats seem legit?

ZX88
03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
judging by the car probably not. offer him 3k

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 08:32 PM
judging by the car probably not. offer him 3k

ok update guys...I offered 5k, said no

5500 nope..

5800 firm, nothing less.

RiskyRick
03-24-2013, 08:40 PM

5500 nope..

5800 firm, nothing less.

$5k is the very high end of what I'd have offered. Pass for now/ tell him the $5k offer stands unless you find another one. Do not pay $5800, there are plenty of better deals out there.

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
$5k is the very high end of what I'd have offered. Pass for now/ tell him the $5k offer stands unless you find another one. Do not pay $5800, there are plenty of better deals out there.

i have till next week though...no 240s are popping up...the gap is closing haha...

Jez
03-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Im new and have to get a car by next week...So its a bit of a fast look...I know sounds sketchy but I've seen this car for a while now...Gonna check it out tomorrow or this week.

If you need a car in a hurry, buying a modified 20 year old Nissan is completely the wrong thing to do, unless of coarse you have real deep pockets.

RiskyRick
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
i have till next week though...no 240s are popping up...the gap is closing haha...

S chassis aren't the most common cars out there- if you can't find anything, you're just going to have to broaden your search area. I'd be perfectly comfortable searching neighboring states to find a clean car, but maybe thats just me.

240boi115
03-24-2013, 08:53 PM
dude honestly i think id pass on 5k.. id rather buy a stock kouki for that price and work my way from there... also i know you might want to jump in the 240 game pumping an sr20 right off the bat but why not start with one that is cleaner and cheaper thats more stock..(and ive seen plently like this on THIS FORUM!!) if youre as new to the game as you say then get to know the cars and do your research bro...getting a more stock car also helps you in the future..why? you wont have to be correcting the previous owners fuckups if there were any... 5800 for a stock sr20 powered coupe and its not even 5 lug? and the parts list doesnt seem too impressive either.. im not trying to be a dick i want to help ya man.... ive owned 7 of these friggin cars and know that there is a deal lurking around every corner for these cars and that there are going to be people like the guy selling that coupe thinking he has gold when he doesnt...

OrangeVirus1
03-24-2013, 09:00 PM

5500 nope..

5800 firm, nothing less.

dude I'd give you my built RB20det 240sx that would murder that dudes car for 5500.. pass on that shit.

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
dude honestly i think id pass on 5k.. id rather buy a stock kouki for that price and work my way from there... also i know you might want to jump in the 240 game pumping an sr20 right off the bat but why not start with one that is cleaner and cheaper thats more stock..(and ive seen plently like this on THIS FORUM!!) if youre as new to the game as you say then get to know the cars and do your research bro...getting a more stock car also helps you in the future..why? you wont have to be correcting the previous owners fuckups if there were any... 5800 for a stock sr20 powered coupe and its not even 5 lug? and the parts list doesnt seem too impressive either.. im not trying to be a dick i want to help ya man.... ive owned 7 of these friggin cars and know that there is a deal lurking around every corner for these cars and that there are going to be people like the guy selling that coupe thinking he has gold when he doesnt...

i understand, ill try to broaden but hopefully something comes fast... there's also a stock 300zx? Dont they weigh a ton though? Do you have any suggestions on a car?

240boi115
03-24-2013, 09:10 PM
300zx's are a hit or miss kind of car.. they are either reeeal clean, or need work.. buuuut the brakes on the car and the turbo versions kick ass.. ive seen some clean ones go for like 5k and hell i think a dude on here has one for sale for around that and its pretty sick...the 300zx weights between 3100-3600 lbs depending upon its trim and model ( turbo, non turbo and 2+2 versions) they are known for very cramped engine bays and leaky hoses though...but in return youll be getting good brakes, a decent motor platform to build upon if you know what youre doing and they arent as common to see on the streets either..well at least in cali they arent.... honestly though if you have no mechanical know how a 240 is a good car to learn off....will this be your daily?

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 10:09 PM
300zx's are a hit or miss kind of car.. they are either reeeal clean, or need work.. buuuut the brakes on the car and the turbo versions kick ass.. ive seen some clean ones go for like 5k and hell i think a dude on here has one for sale for around that and its pretty sick...the 300zx weights between 3100-3600 lbs depending upon its trim and model ( turbo, non turbo and 2+2 versions) they are known for very cramped engine bays and leaky hoses though...but in return youll be getting good brakes, a decent motor platform to build upon if you know what youre doing and they arent as common to see on the streets either..well at least in cali they arent.... honestly though if you have no mechanical know how a 240 is a good car to learn off....will this be your daily?

Well i was planning to go look at the 240 buy it...Im gonna use it for college drives to nashville and back from clarksville so about 100 miles a day... at least 5 times a week, then on weekends drift around a bit..

kevinzhou
03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
buy a civic...240s break down....dont buy a project for college

DKnissanman
03-24-2013, 10:54 PM
buy a civic...240s break down....dont buy a project for college

this car doesnt look like a project though, and a civic? are you kidding me? They may be reliable but im looking for a rwd.

kevinzhou
03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
im dead serious...its a 20 year old car with a 15+ year engine...think about it and it looks like its leaking oil on the valve cover. if you really want a 240 get a stock one and build it yourself...there you will have no surprises

S14jake
03-24-2013, 11:32 PM
im dead serious...its a 20 year old car with a 15+ year engine...think about it and it looks like its leaking oil on the valve cover. if you really want a 240 get a stock one and build it yourself...there you will have no surprises

you will still get plenty of surprises but yes I know what hes saying and he has a very good point.

You probably won't listen but most of us speak from experience when we say start stock, dont buy someone elses project, you have no way of knowing if they knew what they were doing or what/how many corners they cut.

We also speak from experience when we say dont use a 20 year old project car as a daily driver, you will be late for school....more than once.

SR Skid_Kid
03-25-2013, 01:11 AM
DK[driftking]nissanman
thats a really cool name
listen to one thing if you do jump in the wagon and get a 240
start small get educated and have fun building bigger and better
dont buy someones half ass project unless you are educated in the problems that are eminent in owning these things
i want to flame soooooooo bad but your name basically shows the type of crowd you hail from so that is in itself is kinda like a joke to the elders

DKnissanman
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM
DK[driftking]nissanman
thats a really cool name
listen to one thing if you do jump in the wagon and get a 240
start small get educated and have fun building bigger and better
dont buy someones half ass project unless you are educated in the problems that are eminent in owning these things
i want to flame soooooooo bad but your name basically shows the type of crowd you hail from so that is in itself is kinda like a joke to the elders

Why does everyone say it looks good? Is it just it looks good but really will mess up later on? Should...i hate to say it...go with a nice fwd like civic or scion or something that will keep value and sell it in like two years after i get enough money to afford a rwd and manage it?

DKnissanman
03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
you will still get plenty of surprises but yes I know what hes saying and he has a very good point.

You probably won't listen but most of us speak from experience when we say start stock, dont buy someone elses project, you have no way of knowing if they knew what they were doing or what/how many corners they cut.

We also speak from experience when we say dont use a 20 year old project car as a daily driver, you will be late for school....more than once.

Im listening, im not arrogant, i just wanna know whats right...as of now im guessing i should buy a nice fwd like civic or something that will keep value and sell it later for a nice awd or something like a wrx?

240boi115
03-25-2013, 10:58 AM
its all on your knowledge about working on cars man...unless you start stock youll be left cleaning up any mishaps that the previous owner did with the car and no explaination as to why the mishap is happening... craigs can be a shady place to pick up a first car because 85% of those SOB's wont tell you whats WRONG with the car just whats RIGHT.
and ask any 240 owner either on the streets or on here..there is always SOMETHING wrong or that doesnt exactly work right on a 240sx... if most of us found one that had NOTHING wrong with it we would be in complete and utter disbelief...my car is pretty clean but still has problems therefore making it a project which is why i have an si (flame suit on but it is a mugen si and that helps the pain inside about it being ff) for daily and then my 240 is my fun car to clean up and fuck around with.

240boi115
03-25-2013, 10:59 AM
money doesnt seem to be an issue with you either if your considering a wrx... lmao

OrangeVirus1
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
yeah willing to bet money isn't an issue because he's gonna use student loans to buy it.

Just don't even bother getting a car OP. F that, stay in schoool and invest in a bike

DKnissanman
03-25-2013, 07:00 PM
yeah willing to bet money isn't an issue because he's gonna use student loans to buy it.

Just don't even bother getting a car OP. F that, stay in schoool and invest in a bike

i have 5500 saved up, i planned to buy a car, sell it later and then invest in a n wrx to be honest... But ok, ill keep looking, any other rwds worth looking at?

what about a gsx eclipse...awd?

OrangeVirus1
03-25-2013, 07:02 PM
i have 5500 saved up, i planned to buy a car, sell it later and then invest in a n wrx to be honest... But ok, ill keep looking, any other rwds worth looking at?

what about a gsx eclipse...awd?

if you find a clean gsx eclipse.. snag that shit. a CLEAN one.. not a back yard modded POS that runs like ass.

believe me, you get a clean one with some decent mods, you will love it. the awd + boost is awesome, and the cars are light for being awd ( I think they weight like 3100lbs ) and you will be surprised, the GSX 1rst gear will break your neck when you floor it

they are seriously Fking fun. I've taken one up to 160mph before ( scary as all fuck ) but they are a blast

wkpainter
03-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Buy a 800 dollar 240sx and a 4700 dollar honda civic to use as a daily driver while you restore the 240. You will learn things rebuilding the nissan that you can use for the rest of your life.

DKnissanman
03-25-2013, 07:44 PM
what about a jetta?

gay as fuck...but this one has 321 hp at wheel...with dyno to prove.

SR Skid_Kid
03-25-2013, 07:47 PM
just buy the one for 5k and experience the awsomeness that is sr20 and live to tell the legend of greatness to all that doubt its power

forget what everyone wants do what you want
why does it matter what everyone else thinks
newbs are always asking around to see what the scene thinks is cool
you just seem like all the other trendy followers
if it aint somethin your serious about forget it
look for your wrx and get a tight yakima roof rack for your fixie and slam it to the ground and rattlecan it flat black and buy some sportmaxx wheels and get the wrong offsets to sink in the wheels so that you get that rally look

DKnissanman
03-25-2013, 07:49 PM
just buy the one for 5k and experience the awsomeness that is sr20 and live to tell the legend of greatness to all that doubt its power

forget what everyone wants do what you want
why does it matter what everyone else thinks
newbs are always asking around to see what the scene thinks is cool
you just seem like all the other trendy followers
if it aint somethin your serious about forget it
look for your wrx and get a tight yakima roof rack for your fixie and slam it to the ground and rattlecan it flat black and buy some sportmaxx wheels and get the wrong offsets to sink in the wheels so that you get that rally look

Cool man, all the fucks are floating away. do you see them? Wait there are none given.

OrangeVirus1
03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
buy a gsx, the stock engine can take serious abuse. pay 500 bucks and 6 bolt swap it and the engine can take unlimited abuse on stock rods/pistons. seriously people run 10's on stock rods.

Rustys14
03-25-2013, 10:40 PM
^^^Hahahaha then he gets to experience the wonders of crankwalk. Seriously an eclipse is a terrible idea. Actually anything dsm is asking for trouble.
Do they make good power when done properly? yes
Are they a blast to drive? yes
Are they reliable? Hell no.
A lot of my friends are into eclipses and I can't even begin to tell you how many hours they put in every year just to keep them going. Its not just the 2g models that are trouble either, my 1g was a pain too.

A 240sx isn't any better. I own two right now and one of them is almost always down with one problem or another.

Since you seem to want a WRX just buy one; but keep in mind that they are harder to work on if you don't have much experience and the earlier manual ones are notorious for transmission problems.

The bottom line (and not what you want to hear) is DO NOT buy anything old or modified to use as a daily driver. Its best to have a something like a 240 as a project and something like a low millage accord or civic as a daily. Trust me, your life will be much easier and you will have way more time and money if you follow that advise.