PDA

View Full Version : headwound

MakotoS13
04-13-2004, 06:44 PM
i'm a moron. i'll readily admit this. the trouble is when this fact affects my personal health. about 45 min ago i decided to mess with my computer (a common thing). i severely miscalculated the trajectory of my skull so while reaching behind my desk i (somehow) managed to slam my cranium into the corner of my computer station.

the standard "ouch, grapple, ouch" stuff ensued and became "WTF?" when i noticed a tremendous amount of blood on my hand. yeah.... i know... i already told you.

since i can't inspect that area on my own my mom and stepdad came over to aid in the process. what's funny is how they TOOK THEIR TIME.

me- hey ronny, i'm bleeding out of my skull could you come check this out for me?

ronny- really?

me- what?! no, i'm making this up for attention.

ron- okay i'm on my way

*half an hour later* there they are

they live like 10 min away... tops. jeez, i'd hate to think how long it'd take a friend to come over here if i needed serious help.

turns out, being a geek IS a contact sport... if you're completely retarded. :bash:

RPS13_SR20DET
04-13-2004, 06:49 PM
how many brain cell did you kill this time???

nissantuner22
04-13-2004, 07:19 PM
I like to limit my headwounds to when I'm working on a car. This way I at least feel manly as I'm laying there unconscious.

No Motiv
04-13-2004, 07:33 PM
hahahahhahhahahLMAOOOOOOOOO :doh: thats some funny shit

Ghettokracker71
04-13-2004, 09:41 PM
wow I am speechless. Are you okay I hope?

Phlip
04-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Sorry if my experience, in comparison, makes me feel like you just kinda busted yourself open... Ever heard of head trauma, now place that just left of your left eye AND above your right ear... Fuck it, g'head and break your jaw in the process. Now show up at the hospital with your whole head swollen as a result and don't think they're gonna let you outta that morphine-induced coma til 5 days later. Now talk to me about head wounds.

G_Fish240
04-13-2004, 10:25 PM
the forehead and head area bleeds easily

mrmephistopheles
04-14-2004, 01:31 AM
lol.. i've yet to get my ass kicked by my comp.... but my car and the lifts i work on it with routinely kick my ass.

MakotoS13
04-14-2004, 02:07 PM
i've never broken a bone in my life but i can't even begin to count all the wounds associated with working on and around cars. half the time i cut myself i won't even realize it. it's sorta become a common occurance in my life. i'll just see blood and be irritated at the blood loss rather than getting injured.

and trailor hitches? working at a ford dealership offers plenty off opportunity to fill the air with explicit words caused by a clumsy shin-meets-hitch-scenario.

anyhow, i'm alright. my head is just a little sore today.

Ghettokracker71
04-14-2004, 09:45 PM
i've never broken a bone in my life but i can't even begin to count all the wounds associated with working on and around cars. half the time i cut myself i won't even realize it. it's sorta become a common occurance in my life. i'll just see blood and be irritated at the blood loss rather than getting injured.

and trailor hitches? working at a ford dealership offers plenty off opportunity to fill the air with explicit words caused by a clumsy shin-meets-hitch-scenario.

anyhow, i'm alright. my head is just a little sore today.
lucky bastard.

Over 18 seperate bone breaking incidents for me. (some multible breaks or shatters..)

Dares/Bets Own me :(

sykikchimp
04-14-2004, 09:48 PM
lol.. no wonder you are the "Ghetto Kracker." Sounds like you've made some dumb decisions my friend. :hammer:

MakotoS13
04-15-2004, 06:23 AM
lucky bastard.

Over 18 seperate bone breaking incidents for me. (some multible breaks or shatters..)

Dares/Bets Own me :(

i dare you to give me a 91-94 5spd 240SX and i bet you 5 dollars you won't :)

crioten
04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
after installing my new flex-a-lite 12" dual fans, i decided to turn them on to make sure everything was working correctly...well, i had left a wrench on top of the fan/radiator and it ratteled off so just from instincts i reached for it...

did i mention the fans were still on?

so my thumb hit the fan and tore the shit out of it (if the fan was going the other way i wouldnt have a thumb anymore) basically it took a hunk of skin out of my thumb, messed up the nail (whole nail was a blood blister) and shot blood all over the front of my engine lol

the worst part about it was that i left the fan on when i went upstairs to stop the bleeding and the battery dies

car: 400000+1
me: 0

-glen

Ghettokracker71
04-15-2004, 09:51 AM
lol.. no wonder you are the "Ghetto Kracker." Sounds like you've made some dumb decisions my friend. :hammer:
lol,yeah definitely.Thankfully I've learned from them all(don't try doing bike stunts on an antique?Don't try jumping an entire staircase while still recovering from bike wreck...etc),and I've stopped doing that kinda stuff :)

Ghettokracker71
04-15-2004, 09:52 AM
after installing my new flex-a-lite 12" dual fans, i decided to turn them on to make sure everything was working correctly...well, i had left a wrench on top of the fan/radiator and it ratteled off so just from instincts i reached for it...

did i mention the fans were still on?

so my thumb hit the fan and tore the shit out of it (if the fan was going the other way i wouldnt have a thumb anymore) basically it took a hunk of skin out of my thumb, messed up the nail (whole nail was a blood blister) and shot blood all over the front of my engine lol

the worst part about it was that i left the fan on when i went upstairs to stop the bleeding and the battery dies

car: 400000+1
me: 0

-glen
Wow thats nuts!!!!! Scars?

crioten
04-15-2004, 12:37 PM
not really, your fingers do a good job at healing scars...but if you rub my thumb the right way (and no, its not what your thinking pervs...) you can feel where there is some skin or flesh missing lol...

Maeda
04-15-2004, 02:35 PM
When doing my 5 speed swap we had the transmission on a jack and the clutch wasn't aligned properly. I was bench pressing it into place with my friend pushing. It wouldn't go so we decided to just ram it home.

Clutch not aligned + ram it on home = transmission to the face.

The tranny fell a good foot and rolled off my head. I was laughing the whole time, but even through my laughter tears of pain went down my cheeks. I looked in the mirror after making sure I didn't need ER attention, and low-and-behold, I had an imprint of the bell housing from my temple across my face, over my nose, to my other cheek bone. Talk about the mark of shame.

crioten
04-15-2004, 05:18 PM
When doing my 5 speed swap we had the transmission on a jack and the clutch wasn't aligned properly. I was bench pressing it into place with my friend pushing. It wouldn't go so we decided to just ram it home.

Clutch not aligned + ram it on home = transmission to the face.

The tranny fell a good foot and rolled off my head. I was laughing the whole time, but even through my laughter tears of pain went down my cheeks. I looked in the mirror after making sure I didn't need ER attention, and low-and-behold, I had an imprint of the bell housing from my temple across my face, over my nose, to my other cheek bone. Talk about the mark of shame.

youre lucky it didnt decide to use your face to stop it, instead it rolled off....lucky man...

and yeah what the hell was up with trying to get everything aligned, it took me and 3 other guys 3 days to do that one little part when i did my 5spd swap lol...

Phlip
04-15-2004, 08:49 PM
your fingers do a good job at healing scars...
I can vouch for that, and I have a story for that...

The day before my high school graduation back in 97, I was playing basketball with my brother, 3 cousins, a few friends and some neighborhood folk that happened to be out there, total of 10 people on the court for a 5 on 5... My cousin passes (or attempts to) the ball to the dude on his team that lives around the corner from granny, I break on the ball and get to it first, I put it to the court and NO ONE is between me and the rim but about a 40 yard dash and air... I beat everyone down the court and FUCK IT, this is my highlight, Iam DUNKING this ball (5'7" people who can squat 400lbs can jump, ask anyone in attendence)... I go for it, dunk the ball in full stride, so my hand follws through the net, which is not nylon, but chain (fucking public parks find it cheaper to not have to replace the nets once a month at peak times) and dragging my hand through the net tore about 2 inches of skin from my right middle finger... I was banadaged for a couple days and had only about a half inch of fingerprint on that finger for a couple years, then it just started to come back and now I have my fingerprint back on that finger, but there is still a half moon-shaped dimple-like scar on it. I think I'm the only one that notices the scar now.