PDA

View Full Version : CA 91 SE Fastback

griplimited
03-22-2013, 01:21 AM
sold

dezzS13
03-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I would love to trade my front and rear bumpers for yours plus cash on top. I'd just need the bumper and nothing more. If you're interested let me know if not here's a free bump!

bombatape
03-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow, super clean man. GLWS. Wish every s13 was this nice

A DUDE
03-24-2013, 12:46 PM
I'll save you guys time and money $$$ since i wasted mine.

This car is worth about $2,000 USD at most.

Pros - Short Shifter, non cracked dash

ConS - ENGINE LEAKING
- POWER STEERING LEAKING
- TRANSMISSION / SHORT SHIFTER LEAKING
- DIFFERENTIAL BLOWN / LEAKING
- Left (Driver side) head lamp does not flip up or down. needs to be manually cranked up and down every time with the hood up
- AC Does NOT work
- NO Radio/stereo. stripped out
- Car Completely Stripped out. No carpets, No Headlining at all. just metal all around (may not be con for some)
- Sunroof leaks water and collects underneath and sits which "needs to be absorbed out"
- New Hatch needed. wing rotted holes through hatch
- Pre rust on other areas of car
- Fuel Gauge does not work (needs new fuel float thingggg)
- very stiff suspension
- Battery draining
- small bend in frame

As soon as we lifted it up and saw this, I stopped the inspection and didn't even get into the mechanical tests like engine compression and leaks.

The owner has been VERY clever with the pictures.
The body is not in great condition + paint is not as shiny as it seems in these pics (not bad though)

Seems like nice guy, talks innocent, but anyone that takes 2 minutes to glance under the car will know this car was cleaned and set up to look good from the outside.

$2,000 car at most!

Everything I said about the car is true. Don't believe me? go find out for yourself.

"Rejected offers of $4500" LOL you're out of your mind

ps - just wanted to save some other people's time. you're welcome

griplimited
03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll save you guys time and money $$$ since i wasted mine.

This car is worth about $2,000 USD at most.

Pros - Short Shifter, non cracked dash

ConS - ENGINE LEAKING
- POWER STEERING LEAKING
- TRANSMISSION / SHORT SHIFTER LEAKING
- DIFFERENTIAL BLOWN / LEAKING
- Left (Driver side) head lamp does not flip up or down. needs to be manually cranked up and down every time with the hood up
- AC Does NOT work
- Car Completely Stripped out. No carpets, No Headlining at all. just metal all around (may not be con for some)
- Sunroof leaks water and collects underneath and sits which "needs to be absorbed out"
- New Hatch needed. wing rotted holes through hatch
- Pre rust on other areas of car
- Fuel Gauge does not work (needs new fuel float thingggg)
- very stiff suspension
- Battery draining
- small bend in frame

As soon as we lifted it up and saw this, I stopped the inspection and didn't even get into the mechanical tests like engine compression and leaks.

The owner has been VERY clever with the pictures.
The body is not in great condition + paint is not as shiny as it seems in these pics (not bad though)

Seems like nice guy, talks innocent, but anyone that takes 2 minutes to glance under the car will know this car was cleaned and set up to look good from the outside.

$2,000 car at most!

Everything I said about the car is true. Don't believe me? go find out for yourself.

"Rejected offers of $4500" LOL you're out of your mind

ps - just wanted to save some other people's time. you're welcome

Wrote a huge essay response and hit refresh. Going to cliffs.

Haven't driven this car in a real long time, kept it in garage and fired up occassionally. My experience with cars are with 2 ae86s prior to this and I drove them til about 06. I only recently took this car out around last July and to my mechanic and have it brought up to speed on it's age and storage.

- ConS
- ENGINE LEAKING... Valve gasket replaced and the oil pan is what the inspector mentioned as the leak. There is definitely cake on Oil Pan, Transmission and differential.
- POWER STEERING LEAKING... definitely leaking as there is fresh wet spots
- TRANSMISSION / SHORT SHIFTER LEAKING... inspector mentioned it possibly from the short shifter install and the gasket may not be seated correctly where the shifter goes in place. Leaks only from that area.
- DIFFERENTIAL BLOWN / LEAKING... Not blown, but I believe it's backlash is incorrect. I honestly believed any clunk was from the Kaaz 2 way, The inspector said it himself, your diff clunks but never heard/tried Kaaz, but to his benefit said he tried Quaife and another that didn't make the same clunk, he drove from parking lot to lift at low speeds.
- Left (Driver side) head lamp does not flip up or down... it does go down, but doesn't go up. As I only recently started driving this again, in the recent weeks. I noticed a few things. Fuel gauge didn't work, AC didn't work, DS headlamp didn't return. I explained this to gentlemen above when I arrived onsite before inspector took a look at it.
- Car Completely Stripped out... mentioned in post
- Sunroof leaks water and collects underneath and sits which... its the moonroof and the 4 drain tubes were removed and plugs, thus if it rains it collects water, I explained this to him. I believe if you had the drain plugs in tact, it would still leak but it drips out properly.
- New Hatch needed. wing rotted holes through hatch... rust and rot as mentioned.
- Pre rust on other areas of car... the pieces he mentioned were all surface rust. As the interior is gutted, all the non-painted brackets and nuts/bolts shows surface rust. We did not find any other rust spot that shows signs of rot.
- Fuel Gauge does not work (needs new fuel float thingggg)... I had the fuel pump replaced as part of my 'up to speed resto' and this required replacement, I mentioned this to him before inspection began.
- very stiff suspension... Tein HE, Heim Joint rods/RCA/Pineapple spacers
- Battery draining... Before inspection began, I noted that the night before as I drove home from work, light flickered, so I took it to AutoZone for a free test. They said Bad Battery, it was replaced under warranty and we ran another test, BATT, Starter, Alternator all PASSED. Not sure where he got draining from, the car hasn't got more than 5 miles in the past 6months prior til I just started driving it again to work.
- small bend in frame... IIRC, I jacked up car and crushed one of the rails. This must've been 04/05 as that was the last time I got my hands dirty for this car.

I made all the changes and notes of probs on my CL post and saw this post this morning when I came to adjust it as well. But figured I'll leave it as is and explain it. The car is 22 years old, I never said Mint, Excellent, or Restored to OEM. It's an s13 and people drive it for what it is. I also believe perception of the type of person may make a difference. I came from 2 ae86s, then this s13, to NA6, and finally my s2k. The s2k is the first car I never modified at all because it handles great as is and is leagues in comfort with the sport capabilities, thus at my age I'd now like a 4runner. I just plain prefer comfort.

I'm not trying to defend myself as the inspector did say what he said. I believe if you come from new German cars and try out an s13 for a daily, you'll honestly be really displeased, no matter the condition. I apologies for wasting your time as I took time away from my family as well. I appreciate you making the effort to make it as convenient as possible for me and I felt confident to get it inspected as I really had nothing to hide and I think someone who had something to hide would immediately hesitate and refuse. I never hesitated and welcomed the inspection. It was a surprise for me as well, but I would love to hear what other can say about it as well or compare it to another s13 as these seems like common things for it's age. As noted to poster, I paid over $600+ in registration due to my errors, even though I kept insurance up to date while having it stored. I would've have never took this car out of storage and just part it out instead of getting all the repairs done.

I already contacted my mechanic immediately after I left and the only thing he could say for the diff is to remove it and send it to kaaz as he doesn't specialize in that. The other stuff, he said it's just an old car and why am I keeping it... that's life of a s13/ae86/na6 or any old car owner.

baroy240sx
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
I have the 2 bottom grill for your bumper :) lemme know if you wanna buy them to make your car more appealing :) just sayin!

dizzariot
03-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I believe if you come from new German cars and try out an s13 for a daily, you'll honestly be really displeased, no matter the condition.

No shit. I hate how all of these guys with new cars try to come and pick up an s-chassis like they just came of the factory floor this past year.

OP, looks like you rectified any 'misleading' posts but this is Zilvia...and as a Zilvia my .02 cents says your asking price is kind of high for most of the people on here.

GLWS. I'll agree that when I saw the exterior it looked great!

speedracer5
03-25-2013, 10:01 PM
so what is ur asking price jw. i know u have 5200 posted but after reading A DUDE's post eh. not bashing just seeing what u think its worth since a mech checked it out. but then seeing that you have modified cars in the past why wasnt any of this seen or listed previous before posting this ad.

ps: dizzariot loves me

griplimited
03-25-2013, 11:06 PM
so what is ur asking price jw. i know u have 5200 posted but after reading A DUDE's post eh. not bashing just seeing what u think its worth since a mech checked it out. but then seeing that you have modified cars in the past why wasnt any of this seen or listed previous before posting this ad.

ps: dizzariot loves me

No worries, last modified car was 06, I never again went under the car again nor cared to after I bought my s2k. Had a family a year later and had no time for anything motorsport related. Thus the s2k nor this car ever saw any track time since ownership.

As mentioned, I took it out of the garage and sent it to a mechanic to get it up to speed. I don't even think he was able to spot the power steering if he didn't put more than a couple miles on it. Only driving the car itself so far is letting me know what the actual problem is which is what I'm currently doing with approx 30miles round trip and only just started.

I had a hard enough time trying to remember what mods were on to list and kept updating my original CL post with parts I kept forgetting I had.

I'm going to clean off the years of caked on dirt off the fluid pan areas and see if those continue, however only the power steering to me is an actual leak and concern. The others looked like what my 86 and na6 looked like.

speedracer5
03-25-2013, 11:53 PM
very understandable i bought my 03 cobra and never pay any attention to my other vehicles lol. nothing less good luck with the sell. ps love the color my first coupe had this color code.

240sxvaj
03-26-2013, 12:03 AM
post some pix of under the car to show some proof and new price if changed

jdmasfck
03-27-2013, 09:31 PM
got an is300 if interested

izzy-
03-27-2013, 11:33 PM
got an is300 if interested

Sounds legit:fruit: