PDA

View Full Version : cutting rear wheel wells

tengo240
03-21-2013, 10:10 AM
so i just wanted to see if someone on here had any insight on wether or not trimming metal away from the rear wheel wells would affect anythin.I noticed my wheels were rubing the inside when i would pull in and out of my garage so i trimmed the metal on both sides of the shock tower in the rear .I basically cut out the rear wheel wells on both sides of the strut tower ,the strut tower itself was trimmed a bit but not much , in hind sight i no it sounds dumb but i was just gonna weld in supports for the strut tower, would this be needed? the wheels i have in the back are 18x12 positive 9. any info would help so i know if i ruined my shell or not . thanks also this is on a s13 hatch.

fast250sx
03-21-2013, 07:39 PM
The wonderful thing about metal is u can always brace it to make it stronger. Go with ur gut feeling, if u feel u should brace it do it. As far a ruining your shell, no, hot rod guys tub their rear ends all the time to fit huge wheels. I wouls like to see the wheels.

tengo240
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
The wonderful thing about metal is u can always brace it to make it stronger. Go with ur gut feeling, if u feel u should brace it do it. As far a ruining your shell, no, hot rod guys tub their rear ends all the time to fit huge wheels. I wouls like to see the wheels.

i thought so, . ive posted the wheels before just check my past post , im gonna fab some things up here today once i get off work ,i still gotta finish putting in the cage so i hope that will help bring it all back together