PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

510_jøé
03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
I not only like the 240's but I have one, orignal plan was to by a 240, and with the stock engine and trans ill learn how to drive a stick(I no I'm a noob in training lol) however now that I'm comfortable on(on flat land at least:) ) I want to swap out the engine And my choices were either a rb25, sr20, or a ls1 so I do some research and make a few calls hoping to find out if I can do it legally and as it turns out the sr, rb are illegal, and the ls1 might be/might not be legal do anyone in ca have LEGIT engine swaps? dosent have to be with the engines that I stated I just want to know are there any other engines that I have an option with

ghoti
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Get ready to be flamed.

Since you're learning how to drive Manual Trans right now you shouldn't even be thinking of an engine swap.

There is a lot more to just shifting gears, learn all the other techniques first.

brandonp33
03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Get ready to be flamed.

Since you're learning how to drive Manual Trans right now you shouldn't even be thinking of an engine swap.

There is a lot more to just shifting gears, learn all the other techniques first.

hahaha! My sr is illegal as it gets

510_jøé
03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
I got it down not just on hills...that's all just wont be drivin over to sf anytime soon I just wanna know if there is anything legit before I hope on that same boat as you

brandonp33
03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I got it down not just on hills...that's all just wont be drivin over to sf anytime soon I just wanna know if there is anything legit before I hope on that same boat as you

Well im in california and there all illegal here cause emmissions is a bitch but I think in other states you can get smogged legally

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2