PDA

View Full Version : Reputable Swap Shops

TwelveAM
03-20-2013, 03:31 AM
I know it's been covered multiple times, but looking for an updated list of shops.

I'm looking to see what reputable shops are out there and what kind quotes I can get to get my S14's SR20 swapped into my auto S13.

Now, I know you got to "pay to play" and "you get what you pay for" deal.

Therefore, I'm looking for a clean awesome job that won't have me taking it back afterwards and that will keep me satisfied that it was worth saving up in the end lol.

So far only shops I've been to, are the SR20Store, G-Dimension, and Sideways Performance.

Basically, needing 5 speed swap with SR swap with AC and PS.

I have:
-SR Motor and tranny
-FMIC with piping
-BOV
-SR Radiator

Missing:
-ECU
-S14 SR to S13 wiring (since I have the S14 SR to S14 wiring)
-battery
-S13 5 speed parts (pedals, master cylinder, etc)
-downpipe and exhaust
-Fluids (Motor oil, tranny oil, coolant, etc)
-SR hoses
-SR Water pump (will pay for it)
-Spark Plugs (will pay for it)

Please chime in if I'm missing other things

The only serious quote I have at the moment is, Marco at the SR20Store has quoted me for $1700 for all labor, parts, wiring, and an HKS Hi-Power exhaust with a tuned ECU that he has laying around with my same setup.

So, before I shoot the bullet with taking it to him (because I trust his knowledge and experience) I just want to see what else is out there and the duration, since it is my daily.

Driftwire
03-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Honestly It would probably be cheaper for you to source your parts and than have a shop install it. Or even just rent a hoist for 40 a day and do it yourself. Its straight forward as long as you have the right parts for it and everything. And youll also know that no corners were cut.

Call Autozone and get some plugs and hoses and have them order the water pump. you can find a ECU on here from a member and probably a trans too since i see them all the time.

It shouldnt be to hard to find parts that you need and will save you more in the long run if you bring the swap ready to go to the shop. PM me if you need some help getting some more parts to help you out. Goodluck with the Swap sir.