PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods

ZenkiKid
03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Please dont tell me I am the only one on Zilvia pumped about this?!?!

7MlmbmNZP9s

This is going be the the FIRST Anime film to be featured in IMAX

This is said to be the first of many DBZ films to be released during the "lost decade" of the Dragonball Saga. That 10 year gap of defeating MaJin Buu until the beginning of GT.

Akira Toriyama is going debut a new Super Saiyan Form known as "Super Saiyan God". Rumor has it has been created as a way of saying F-U to the creators of DBGT and the Super Saiyan 4 form.

I know that there is an Anime thread, but I feel like something of this magnitude deserved its own thread.

iLagX
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Awesome!
If only ssj5 is real

OrangeVirus1
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Dragon ball Z isn't dead yet? last time I remember watchign that stuff was like 6-7 years ago..

ZenkiKid
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Dragon ball Z isn't dead yet? last time I remember watchign that stuff was like 6-7 years ago..

It's being brought back.

two mini movies have been released within the past couple of years and I guess the popularity of the two mini movies motivated Toriyama to keep it going.

feito
03-18-2013, 10:19 PM
man it's been a while. Among my top animes.

Smurf_240SX
03-18-2013, 10:51 PM
I still watch it from time to time, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

One_love_silvia
03-19-2013, 12:55 AM
god i hate the japanese dub

Homeboyx
03-19-2013, 01:06 AM
any links to the two mini movies?

ZenkiKid
03-19-2013, 07:03 AM
This one was released in 2008:

keDZghyA0ks

This one was released on 2011: (Possibly reveals Goku's father as the legendary Super Saiyan. This has been debated though.)

Y1WMhrW0RT4

This is an old movie that they recently restored in 2010:
8g1IQLnjcCc

ravinaziankid
03-19-2013, 12:52 PM
I thought I heard they were making a new series but maybe they meant a series of movies.

spooled240
03-19-2013, 12:58 PM
siiiick

I'm gonna watch this later

erict90
03-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Damb can't wait to watch this lol

SimpleS14
03-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Haven't watch this in ages! Now I feel like finding old episodes just to refresh my memory.

smoked240
03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
If you want a better refresher, watch the DBZ:Kai series. Its the original DBZ but remastered and it doesn't take 1000 episodes for something to happen.

Homeboyx
03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
They should make a new series..

feito
03-19-2013, 09:10 PM
and it doesn't take 1000 episodes for something to happen.
lol, but that was part of the fun. a battle would last like 10 episodes haha

joshchewuhh
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
just watched that bardock ep.

sick! sick!

i cant wait till this movie comes out.

GT was a joke.

smoked240
03-20-2013, 09:57 AM

As a kid it was fucking mindblowing! Now I don't have the patience for 10 episodes of goku transforming into a SS lol.

sick! sick!

GT was a joke.

That bardock one was pretty sick!!

GT was a joke but I didn't mind watching it. Still didn't see the ending to it. I quit watching around the time baby was fuckin shit up lol.

spooled240
03-20-2013, 11:19 AM

remember goku vs. ginyu? Ginyu powered up for like 20 minutes..I felt bad for the voice actors lol

innovation
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
hadn't seen the bardock one or the one released in 2008. Was great watching my childhood show again =)

simmode1
03-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Damn. He kicking they ass with some chop sticks.
AGjqUtYFePY

Homeboyx
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
remember goku vs. ginyu? Ginyu powered up for like 20 minutes..I felt bad for the voice actors lol
They were most likely playing a short sound clip over and over again. LOL

sick! sick!

+1
first half of GT was blegh.. it only got good at the end.
Although I did like the Bardock movie alot, I just can't shake off how easily he made it to ssj mode. I mean wth!? Not even 5 minutes of pain and you're already golden? Everybody in DBZ almost killed themselves a few times over just to reach ssj. Idk.. I just find it kind of lame how easily everybody can reach ssj mode now.. /rant

iLagX
03-23-2013, 08:00 PM
aren't they making dbz kai

Hopefully they can make DB af

simmode1
03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Although I did like the Bardock movie alot, I just can't shake off how easily he made it to ssj mode. I mean wth!? Not even 5 minutes of pain and you're already golden? Everybody in DBZ almost killed themselves a few times over just to reach ssj. Idk.. I just find it kind of lame how easily everybody can reach ssj mode now.. /rant
How you figure? He had to sit and live with the memory of his entire team being killed and Frieza destroying his planet up along with all of his species. And just when he thought he's have ZERO chance of revenge because he's been transported through time, this Frieza-looking motherfucker comes through tearing shit up. Fuck all them little plant ppl... I'm sure he had more than enough bottled up rage inside. He just needed someone to focus it at. But I do also think that experiencing true despair first is part of the SSJ process.

aren't they making dbz kai

Hopefully they can make DB af
You do realize the DBZ Kai is just the old DBZ we've already watched, right? It's just been remastered & had the fillers cut out. And it's already out.

Give it up on DB AF. That horseshit ain't never happening. It was fanfiction that grew a life of its own. That shit was never remotely real.

Homeboyx
03-24-2013, 12:01 AM
How you figure? He had to sit and live with the memory of his entire team being killed and Frieza destroying his planet up along with all of his species. And just when he thought he's have ZERO chance of revenge because he's been transported through time, this Frieza-looking motherfucker comes through tearing shit up. Fuck all them little plant ppl... I'm sure he had more than enough bottled up rage inside. He just needed someone to focus it at. But I do also think that experiencing true despair first is part of the SSJ process.

Good point, but still.. it all seemed so sudden. haha

LoneStarSilvia
03-24-2013, 12:18 AM
How in the hell is Goku breathing is space?

simmode1
03-24-2013, 07:19 AM
^^^Because DBZ
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-npnnCH_evw4/T3cufS-tBVI/AAAAAAAAAaE/lOR3J-vUts8/s1600/Dragon%2BBall%2BZ%2B-%2BEpisode%2Bof%2BBardock.avi_snapshot_00.10_%255B 2011.12.20_02.35.47%255D.jpg

SimpleS14
03-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Frieza vs. Goku was stupid long, but I enjoyed it when I first saw it. Don't recall any other matches being that long.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Japanese voice actor for Goku?

Homeboyx
03-24-2013, 12:24 PM

I don't like the voices for anyone in japanese, they all seem so high pitched and whiny(sp?)

innovation
03-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah I think the english voice actor nailed Goku perfectly.

There is enough innocence in the voice to relay the light-hearted nature of Goku. But when shit goes down, his voice gets this lower tone that commands respect. Overall a great job bringing Goku to life

04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Frieza vs. Goku was stupid long, but I enjoyed it when I first saw it. Don't recall any other matches being that long.

I feel as Sean Schemmel (English version Goku) better suits the voice.

Dragonball Z Goku - Sean Schemmel Interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdYI_t9_Y0)

OrangeVirus1
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
It's over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik

spooled240
04-02-2013, 02:34 PM
vegeta's voice was the best in the Ocean dub but funimation had the best music.

both of them together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPF8lihiENA

DRIFTER-M
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Will this movie be voiced in English when it hits the US, or dubbed only?

Also, for people bringing up the popularity...

A family member of mine recently watched the entire series from DB -> GT while he was in the Army, and apparently alot of his Army buddies are doing the same. Really is starting to get another bump up again in popularity, it seems.

Surprised there is still so much hate for GT, I thought GT had the best character models/ animation. I realize there has always been dislike from the Toriyama fans, but I think GT was far underrated. I really liked GT, and REALLY loved the GT SS4 transformations. Just looked so much cooler than the growing hair previous SS forms.

*Kind of off topic, but not really*
Anybody ever play the Dragonball Bid For Power game on the computer? The one that was a mod for Quake (if I recall correctly).

They released the standalone version a while back, and I still think it is probably the best DBZ game to date. Worlds are so open and huge, and they have not only the original characters, but also FF characters such as Gohan ss4, Dragonball AF ss5 characters, as well as fusions that never happened.

Neat stuff.

wimernw
04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
While I was on deployment, me and few of the guys watched it all from Raditz to the end of GT and watched every movie. Toonami was the best thing that ever happened to my childhood.

LoneStarSilvia
04-02-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm still trying to find a legit link to watch this movie.

wimernw
04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Someone link it up when it is found.

simmode1
04-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm still trying to find a legit link to watch this movie.
It's gonna be a while. Japan is pretty tough on piracy of its theatrical releases. Probably gonna have to wait until the DVD is released unless you wanna watch a shitty cam video.

SimpleS14
04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
All I could find is this short clip of Bills brushing off SSJ3 Goku like it was nothing...

ag0wHaTQYqY

DS562
04-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Watch-dragonball.com and watchcartoononline.com all episodes. I just finished the series again lol

Felipe
04-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Hurry some one post a youtube link of the live action trailer

[email protected] krillin

DS562
04-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Will this movie be voiced in English when it hits the US, or dubbed only?

Also, for people bringing up the popularity...

A family member of mine recently watched the entire series from DB -> GT while he was in the Army, and apparently alot of his Army buddies are doing the same. Really is starting to get another bump up again in popularity, it seems.

Surprised there is still so much hate for GT, I thought GT had the best character models/ animation. I realize there has always been dislike from the Toriyama fans, but I think GT was far underrated. I really liked GT, and REALLY loved the GT SS4 transformations. Just looked so much cooler than the growing hair previous SS forms.

*Kind of off topic, but not really*
Anybody ever play the Dragonball Bid For Power game on the computer? The one that was a mod for Quake (if I recall correctly).

They released the standalone version a while back, and I still think it is probably the best DBZ game to date. Worlds are so open and huge, and they have not only the original characters, but also FF characters such as Gohan ss4, Dragonball AF ss5 characters, as well as fusions that never happened.

Neat stuff.

Agreed with SS5, can't speak for Bid for Power. The absolute best DBZ game I played was budokai infinite world.

LoneStarSilvia
04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I actually agree with the SS4 transformation being cool. From the pics I've seen, this new God level looks really boring, just like a beefed up Kao-kin.

1 88 U
04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't get how you guys can tolerate the english dub. Straight up Japanese voices and english subs for me.

spooled240
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
because SS3 Goku with the voice of an 8 year old boy just doesn't sound right?

Initial D is really the only anime that I prefer to have the original voices w/ english subs

LoneStarSilvia
04-03-2013, 10:58 AM
This is actually one of the few anime's I prefer English dub over subs, I think they did a great job on voice casting throughout the series.

04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
All I could find is this short clip of Bills brushing off SSJ3 Goku like it was nothing...

ag0wHaTQYqY

OMG! It's George! Godfather of MA240sx.net. Hai!

SimpleS14
04-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Initial D is really the only anime that I prefer to have the original voices w/ english subs

Agree with Initial D. There are a few others such as Bleach I also prefer as well.

OMG! It's George! Godfather of MA240sx.net. Hai!

OMG! Hai Paul!

Future240
04-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I am excited about this. I really wish he would make a new series that continues past DBZ and ignore the train wreck that is GT.

simmode1
04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I am excited about this. I really wish he would make a new series that continues past DBZ and ignore the train wreck that is GT.
I heard some ginormous spoilers that seem to indicate that they are going to do just that. Just like Dead Zone ended DB and started DBZ, I think this move will launch a new series.

OrangeVirus1
04-04-2013, 03:45 PM
So does this mean that Super Sayain 5 will have like.. 1000 feet of blonde hair ?

That is the only thing I remember about DBZ, super sayain = Roided out muscles and crazy lion hair. oh and about 10 minutes of non stop screaming to reach next power level.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa.... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA... BUSSSHHHHHHHHHHHh super sayain.

although my favorite episodes were where Gohan Whooped Cell's ass.

Future240
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I heard some ginormous spoilers that seem to indicate that they are going to do just that. Just like Dead Zone ended DB and started DBZ, I think this move will launch a new series.

It does seem odd they release a new episode that is after Z that introduces Vegeta's brother then a new movie.

Seriously I'd flip out over a new series. I am re-watching DBZ Kai now.

DRIFTER-M
04-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I wish, like some said, he would swallow his pride and simply create the AF world.

I know that is controversial among some, and some would hate it, but it was a refreshing change to the characters, and interesting to see the future.

I don't know, I just think it interest me more than they time between Z and GT - has more free range and doesn't have to worry about overlapping into the GT time frame.

Also:

QuakeUnity.com - Uniting The QUAKE Universe (http://www.quakeunity.com/file=2637)

^ Link to Bid For Power. It is free now, and is standalone.

100+ characters from Dragonball/z/GT/AF and 50+ maps from DB universe.

Feels a bit dated now (I use to play it prob 10 years or so ago), but def worth a spin for any DB fan. Enjoy :)

simmode1
04-04-2013, 05:59 PM
So does this mean that Super Sayain 5 will have like.. 1000 feet of blonde hair ?

That is the only thing I remember about DBZ, super sayain = Roided out muscles and crazy lion hair. oh and about 10 minutes of non stop screaming to reach next power level.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa.... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA... BUSSSHHHHHHHHHHHh super sayain.

although my favorite episodes were where Gohan Whooped Cell's ass.
Nope. There won't be a Super Saiyan 5. Or even a Super Saiyan 4. Akira Toriyama is trashing all that shit.

I wish, like some said, he would swallow his pride and simply create the AF world.

I know that is controversial among some, and some would hate it, but it was a refreshing change to the characters, and interesting to see the future.

I don't know, I just think it interest me more than they time between Z and GT - has more free range and doesn't have to worry about overlapping into the GT time frame.

Also:

QuakeUnity.com - Uniting The QUAKE Universe (http://www.quakeunity.com/file=2637)

Feels a bit dated now (I use to play it prob 10 years or so ago), but def worth a spin for any DB fan. Enjoy :)
Nope. DG AF is influenced by DBGT, so fuck that shit. I have a feeling we're about to get something much better.
It does seem odd they release a new episode that is after Z that introduces Vegeta's brother then a new movie.

Seriously I'd flip out over a new series. I am re-watching DBZ Kai now.
Yup. The spoilers do suggest that Vegeta's little brother will be a part of the newest stage in Saiya-jin evolution, the Super Saiyan God mode.

Not sure if these spoiler are true, but they are pretty damn plausible. So much so, that I should stop reading them because I'm probably ruining the story for myself.

blksylv
04-04-2013, 06:28 PM
i thought bid for power had to be majorly altered so it wouldn't feature any of db/dbz/gt characters because of funimation bearing down on them about copyright infringement. i remember checking the website every few days for updates lol.

Also:

240koukiSX
04-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I am so pumped about this!!! Why lie I'm a huge DBZ fan no matter how old I get haha

Future240
04-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Nope. There won't be a Super Saiyan 5. Or even a Super Saiyan 4. Akira Toriyama is trashing all that shit.

Nope. DG AF is influenced by DBGT, so fuck that shit. I have a feeling we're about to get something much better.

Yup. The spoilers do suggest that Vegeta's little brother will be a part of the newest stage in Saiya-jin evolution, the Super Saiyan God mode.

Not sure if these spoiler are true, but they are pretty damn plausible. So much so, that I should stop reading them because I'm probably ruining the story for myself.

I noticed Akira ignoring of GT as well. The Vegeta's brother episode was pre-Gt and so is this movie. I mean to be honest I never understood SS4. The other levels were induced by Saiyans reaching certain levels of power. SS4 was through them turning into Golden Ozaru's then going back human. It seems to me like it is more of harnessing the Ozaru power than an SSJ transformation.

Like I said before I'd be glad to pretend GT never happened. Goku as a Kid?:down:

DRIFTER-M
04-04-2013, 10:41 PM
i thought bid for power had to be majorly altered so it wouldn't feature any of db/dbz/gt characters because of funimation bearing down on them about copyright infringement. i remember checking the website every few days for updates lol.

Yes, that did occur.

Then people leaked the character packs anyway, and others created skins. Prolem solved, lol.