PDA

View Full Version : Some problems on the 95 240...

S T Y L E S
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
I searched for window motor problems for my 95, i read replace window amp motor? when I try to roll down the driver side window it doesn't roll down or go up... It ticks or clicks each time I press it.. Is there conversion I can do to fix this? I read that 96-98 have their window amp built in to the window motor? Is there a way that I'm able to use those motors on my 95 since I'm having a hard time finding window amps, also and my rpm clusters sticks at 3k is there a easy fix for this or would I have to buy another cluster?
And last thing is
My front bumper is not secured right when I'm driving my friends say its shaking left to right bad, I noticed there are only a couple screws holding it and the bumper support is missing.. Is there a DIY to where I can secure it better?
Thanks in advance!
-kevin

fliprayzin240sx
03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
95, 96 and 97-98 power window setup are completely different on S14s. Alot more work and headache since you're talking about rewiring both windows to work. Best bet is, test to make sure the motor is not popped. All you need is a battery to put power to the motor to see if it turns or not. If its good, then its more than likely the amp. You can open up the amp you have and make sure you dont have any broken solder points. Or you can buy a new amp for about $60.

As far as the cluster...just get another tach from somebody else. Just make sure you get a 95-96 tach.

S T Y L E S
03-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks! I appreciate the help! Can I buy the amp at a dealership? Also can I use a black face gauge cluster from any s14? Or does it have to be 95 cluster specific?

fliprayzin240sx
03-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks! I appreciate the help! Can I buy the amp at a dealership? Also can I use a black face gauge cluster from any s14? Or does it have to be 95 cluster specific?

AMPLIFIER ASSY-AUTO POWER WINDOW - 240SX (S14) 1995-1998 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com (http://www.courtesyparts.com/28515x-amplifier-assy-auto-power-window-240sx-s14-1995-1998-p-135756.html?cPath=3690&)

Gauge clusters are specific between 95/96 and 97/98. Doesnt matter if they're black or white faced, as long as they're for Zenki S14 (95/96). The plugs are different between Zenki and Kouki (97/98) S14s.

S T Y L E S
03-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Alright so I replaced the amp and my window still won't roll down, there's a clicking noise coming from the amp when I try to roll it up and down I'm guessing that its working? Is there a link on how to replace the window motor? Oh and I check the fuse its good

S T Y L E S
03-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Bump anybody? Since I can't roll my windows down, how would I go about taking out the motor and regulator?

S T Y L E S
03-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Can anybody help me?

wrxkid950
05-02-2013, 05:26 PM
ok i just did this today. ur going to have to remove the 2 nuts holding the window to the tracks. then theres 4 screws that hold the motor on and 2 that hold the track to the door remove those and u can pull regulator out of the hole towards the back of the door. also disconnect the wire for the motor

S T Y L E S
10-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Bump

Are the window motors replaceable on the zenki's? Or is the regulator and motor 1 piece? Would I have to buy a whole regulator/motor assembly?

sleepyS14se
10-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Bump

Are the window motors replaceable on the zenki's? Or is the regulator and motor 1 piece? Would I have to buy a whole regulator/motor assembly?

motor and reg come seperate.

Here's my story, I bought a 95 s14 non running. Installed a ka24de and a 5spd in it and I then realized my s14's windows did NOT go up or down and i also had no a/c, i had to figure it out quick.

So. upon removing the door panels and inspecting to see whats wrong. I hooked a 12v battery (removed from my other car) to my driver side motor and it did nothing. I hit the motor with a 14mm wrench(i did not have a hammer) and BAM, the window went down. That being said i removed the regulator and motor and replaced the motor and now the drivers side works perfect.

My passenger side window regulator was actually broken so i bought a regulator from nissan and RE used the old motor on passenger side. Now it works.

windows are very simple and most people can repair their windows in their own driveways at home.:l101:

S T Y L E S
11-03-2013, 07:38 PM
So I can just replace the motor? Good to know!