PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo bulk mail

DRFT
04-12-2004, 02:27 AM
ok i get tons of bulk mail. its been going on for about 2 weeks now. recieved some about failure to deliver and from people i never seen before. funny thing is that recieved some from some zilvia members, such as dousan and bbandit and i have never emailed them!?

so what the hell is going on?

Ghettokracker71
04-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Yeah I have been getting that too. I even got 3 or 4 from 240sx.org wich I've never emailed,either.

TRUENOCOUPE
04-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Its a yahoo bug. They are fixing it ASAP.

nokeone
04-12-2004, 02:08 PM
they tap into your temp files and use names they find there...it's a way to get you to open potentially virus infected mail because you think it's something of relevance to you...

Aze85
04-14-2004, 10:08 AM
man, i havent posted in a while.
Yahoo might have the Netsky (sp?) virus. their server might be infected. If it is infected it just sends out a bunch of emails to random people using random people's accounts. we have that problem here at George Mason University. just delete those messages.

DRFT
04-16-2004, 02:49 AM
thats what i've been doing, it doesnt bug me or anytihng i jsut dont like haveing to delete messages several times a day

ICKY
04-16-2004, 05:11 AM
LoL, Netsky? You mean... Skynet! Judgement Day is at hand... OT, I usually just look at the e-mails I actually know what it is first, then i just delete the rest. I take no chances of opening an e-mail and getting a virus.

FRpilot
04-16-2004, 02:39 PM
i get about 50 bulk emails a day. i just delte them and never check them. i thought they were all spam.. hmm now im wonderingif some of those email sinthe bulk email folder are legit mail.

Ghettokracker71
04-16-2004, 06:15 PM
i get about 50 bulk emails a day. i just delte them and never check them. i thought they were all spam.. hmm now im wonderingif some of those email sinthe bulk email folder are legit mail.

thats not good....I get legit emails all the damn time in there,so I always have to check the subject line and compare to the sender...Hell,recently all the Zilvia "someone has replied to post..." show up my my bulk mail...I dunno why ? PM notification from zilvia used to be the only thing that went into bulk(from zilvia) and now it all does....whatever