PDA

View Full Version : Z31 n/a weird problems

Mintbagel
03-13-2013, 12:21 PM
So last night coming home from work battery light came on so I pulled over to check it out, as I pulled off I got a check engine and brake light, shut it off so as not to drain battery and to go look, couldn't find anything at all so I went to go start it back up, and nothing, no click or anything. Called a tow truck and once I got home I tried to start it up again, started up but had same lights and battery gauge read just barely under 12. Went to bed because it was 5 am, next morning went at it again, found no problems still and let it run for about 15 minutes and couldn't notice a drain on the battery. Also checked fault codes, am getting a 13: cylinder head temp sensor and 42: fuel temp sensor... I am completely at a loss... Please help me it's much appreciated.

DeleriousZ
03-13-2013, 02:23 PM
check the connections on the battery, and the grounds around it. Clean the terminals and the clamps.

The CHTS will cause some running issues, but not like you're describing. Fuel temp sensor is pretty useless in general.

Mintbagel
03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Battery connections seemed good, I'll clean all the terminals later after work and hope that does it