PDA

View Full Version : Mustang GT-R?!?!?!

sykikchimp
04-11-2004, 09:06 PM
From a clip on the NY auto show:

Ford Mustang GT-R -- As Ford readies its first truly all-new 'Stang in 27 years, the GT-R concept shows them already plotting the modern Mustang's return to serious road racing. The GT-R starts with 85 percent of the 2005 Mustang's parts – but it's the other 15 percent that could give grassroots racers a potent, relatively affordable ride in a variety of series including American LeMans and SCCA Trans-Am. Inspired by the Grabber Orange 1970 Boss 302 race cars driven by Parnelli Jones and others, the GT-R features a 440-horsepower "Cammer" V-8 engine that can easily be tuned to deliver 500-plus. The brawny concept features huge fender flares, a soaring rear spoiler, stainless steel side exhausts, and a dose of lightweight carbon fiber inside and out.. ..
http://money.cnn.com/2004/04/06/pf/autos/ny_autoshow_day1/Mustang_GT-R_concept.jpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/l_49200410916.jpg

DRFT
04-11-2004, 09:13 PM
that thing is ugly, but its powa!
kinda rice too haha

sykikchimp
04-11-2004, 09:17 PM
check the interior:

Full roll cage:
http://www.motortrend.com/motor/autoshows/coverage/112_04_mustanggtr05_z.jpg
and from the back:
http://www.motortrend.com/motor/autoshows/coverage/112_04_mustanggtr07_z.jpg

FastBack 240
04-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Get rid of the wing and id sport it.

old_s13
04-11-2004, 09:46 PM
thing looks fucking weird...

damn concept cars.. they always LOOK like they'll never be real. make something that looks fucking real.. i dont wanna look at a video game, i want to look at a CAR.

Ghettokracker71
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Now all those people sporting skyline GT-R badges on their stang GT's will actually be able to justify it now,fuckin great!

Other than the name and the wing,I love it.

AKADriver
04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
old_s13, it looks pretty real to me... it pretty much just looks like an '05 'stang with a cf hood, splitter, wing, and a roll cage. The only non-real thing about it is that race cars never look that clean, haha.

What's wrong with the wing? This is supposed to be a race car. Race cars have wings.

DRFT
04-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Now all those people sporting skyline GT-R badges on their stang GT's will actually be able to justify it now,fuckin great!

love the way you think man :goyou:

ICKY
04-12-2004, 01:18 AM
:stupid: LoL, man that thing looks... weird or something. It just doesnt look like much of a traditional mustang, looks like they mixed the muscle stang, the 5.0 stang, and they 90's body style stang and came up with THAT. :eek3: Hideous!! LOOK AT THAT FRONT END! ITS HUGE!!! :eek: I'd take a 97 SVT Cobra over that thing. Would look much MUCH better pimped out. :p I'd give the FORD GTR a :down:

Salty_X
04-12-2004, 01:26 AM
LMFAO

The interior looks cool, as does the motor and suspension, but the exterior (fender vents, covered quarter windows, big wing) looks whack to me.
Definitely better than the Dodge Neon GT-R I saw the other day though. :coolugh:

matlock
04-12-2004, 02:35 AM
I agree about most concept cars looking all futuristic, and its funny because most of them never turn out like the concepts at all, I understand its supposed to look all spiffy and stuff but its just annoying when you see a car at an autoshow and then you see it in production and its all cheesy and mass produced.

The wing is there for true aerodynamic use, its not a 100 HP Honda Civic, its a 440HP "Muscle" Car. I defineatly like that full roll cage, I doubt that will be a factory option.

MakotoS13
04-12-2004, 06:45 AM
ricers still aren't justified cause this car will AT LEAST cost 50K to get. the motor alone is 15grand.

I'd give the FORD GTR a

don't go around sayin the new vette sucks. i'd hate for BOTH companies to go bankrupt on account of your non-professional opinion.

it's a race car. ricers are wannabee race cars with non functional wings. once again:

it's a race car and it's beautiful.

Ghettokracker71
04-12-2004, 09:47 AM
That wasn't meant to be a racist comment I promise you(Just look up my old posts,you will see how many times I bitch people out for that kinda stuff:(). I changed it and sorry for anybody that may have gotten offended.

DuffMan
04-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Meh, its not rotary powered with forged pistons like the REAL mustang GT-R. Just a ricer knockoff.

ONYX S-13
04-12-2004, 11:59 AM

Ford Mustang GT-R -- As Ford readies its first truly all-new 'Stang in 27 years, the GT-R concept shows them already plotting the modern Mustang's return to serious road racing. The GT-R starts with 85 percent of the 2005 Mustang's parts – but it's the other 15 percent that could give grassroots racers a potent, relatively affordable ride in a variety of series including American LeMans and SCCA Trans-Am. Inspired by the Grabber Orange 1970 Boss 302 race cars driven by Parnelli Jones and others, the GT-R features a 440-horsepower "Cammer" V-8 engine that can easily be tuned to deliver 500-plus. The brawny concept features huge fender flares, a soaring rear spoiler, stainless steel side exhausts, and a dose of lightweight carbon fiber inside and out.. ..
http://money.cnn.com/2004/04/06/pf/autos/ny_autoshow_day1/Mustang_GT-R_concept.jpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/l_49200410916.jpgNasty..Hopefully the final product doesn't look like that :-/

Ghettokracker71
04-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Meh, its not rotary powered with forged pistons like the REAL mustang GT-R. Just a ricer knockoff.
rotary powered with forged pistons? another GT-R mustang? WTF are you talking about ?

oojpeeoo
04-12-2004, 01:22 PM
props to the mustang but shit.... de-rice that thing..looks more like a japanese car than an all american badass muscle

ICKY
04-12-2004, 01:28 PM
That thing doesnt even resemble a race car, except for the interior, which, if it looks like that, i doubt it will sell much. Also, i love corvettes, i havnt seen the new one but the 04 vettes look pretty much the same to the older ones, almost the same even with the 80's style vette. The GT-R stang should atleast have more resemblence to its older models.

nokeone
04-12-2004, 02:05 PM
pure sex....

deedeedum
04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
so it comes with the an unpainted carbon fiber hood?

got rice?

old_s13
04-12-2004, 07:27 PM

hahahahhahahahahahahah

yeah man, i hear that car runs 11s or something. ah man that video clip was comedy...

- mike

nismo2491
04-12-2004, 08:47 PM
couple reasons I say this will never come to be, (BTW I work for ford).
1) the tailights, they are the last iteration of the concept for the new GT Mustang. the new GT mustang ones are a little different
2) the covered quarter glass - also off the last concept version
3) front end, nowhere near final release version
4) no airbags - can't release a car without at least dual front airbags now, not factory cars anyways
5) Remember the cobra r? lets hope that this is the next one and I'm completely wront on 1-4 :)
KEvin

HyperTek
04-12-2004, 08:55 PM
I think its kinda cool, but they gotta turn it down a little on "racer boy" looks. concerning the cf hood being ricey, back in the day didnt muscle cars have flat black hoods??

Phlip
04-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Yeah, it's missing the Kanji symbols, and I bet it can't even run 12's man, I want an old-school GT-R Stang

Bliss
04-12-2004, 10:45 PM
i doubt that will go into production, and even if it does, there's no way in hell it'll look like that. Like said before, almost all concept cars look way more futuristic than they end up looking like in production. Not only that, but I seriously doubt it'll be as hardcore as the concept, as often times concepts have more power and nicer suspensions and other shit than they have when they are put into production.

keepitmovin
04-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Kill the wing

theronin
04-13-2004, 04:34 AM

Ford Mustang GT-R -- As Ford readies its first truly all-new 'Stang in 27 years, the GT-R concept shows them already plotting the modern Mustang's return to serious road racing. The GT-R starts with 85 percent of the 2005 Mustang's parts – but it's the other 15 percent that could give grassroots racers a potent, relatively affordable ride in a variety of series including American LeMans and SCCA Trans-Am. Inspired by the Grabber Orange 1970 Boss 302 race cars driven by Parnelli Jones and others, the GT-R features a 440-horsepower "Cammer" V-8 engine that can easily be tuned to deliver 500-plus. The brawny concept features huge fender flares, a soaring rear spoiler, stainless steel side exhausts, and a dose of lightweight carbon fiber inside and out.. .. AND A SOLID REAR AXLE!!!

gg ford :rant2:

sykikchimp
04-13-2004, 08:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing ronin.. you build a car for "serious road racing," but continue to use the solid rear axle? WTF MATE?!?!?

nismo2491
04-13-2004, 08:25 AM
ford continues to use a solid rear axle because they can't yet get a independent rear suspension that hold power. thats one of the first mods for the 03 and 04 cobra guys is to swap to a solid axle because they keep breaking shit.
KEvin

Ghettokracker71
04-13-2004, 08:50 AM
I think its kinda cool, but they gotta turn it down a little on "racer boy" looks. concerning the cf hood being ricey, back in the day didnt muscle cars have flat black hoods??
Some Mopar muscle cars did have that as an option.

sykikchimp
04-13-2004, 08:53 AM
ford continues to use a solid rear axle because they can't yet get a independent rear suspension that hold power. thats one of the first mods for the 03 and 04 cobra guys is to swap to a solid axle because they keep breaking shit.
KEvin

Being the rich company they are, I doubt they "can't".. more like they won't.

I read an article about the solid rear axle thing, and Ford said they polled many of their most loyal fans, and enthusiest's and asked: would you rather have IRS for a small amount of $ more, or stay with soild rear axle?" Ford says the consensus was to stay with the solid rear axle..

STUPID MUSTANG OWNERS!

nismo2491
04-13-2004, 01:29 PM
thats because the IRS that ford's released so far hasn't been able to hold power hence why all the cobra guys switch out. ford has had many IRS issues including a TSB on r+r for the explorer and expedition if customers complain about whining. the escape uses a completely rear end than any of the other ford ones but its so small it wouldn't hold shit for power.
KEvin

Var
04-13-2004, 02:43 PM
FINALLY . i think if this comes out all cars will bow down to this one. i dont even care if it performs. It has all the necessities. cage, no interior, plain dash, no bells and whistles. I think every company should build a production car using this as an example. All i need to find out is it has no a/c or ps and i will be in love.

sykikchimp
04-13-2004, 02:59 PM
it has no a/c, no p/s..

Var
04-13-2004, 03:02 PM
omg :love:

MakotoS13
04-13-2004, 05:35 PM
STUPID MUSTANG OWNERS!

mustang owners like teh solid rear axle because they are used to it. most mustang owners don't give a rats rump about autoX or road racing. a fact that their poll completely validates. just because it has a solid rear axle doesn't mean it can't handle well, either.

the escape uses a completely rear end than any of the other ford ones but its so small it wouldn't hold shit for power.

escapes are mostly FWD except for the few that are AWD. AWD cars don't need awesome diffs to take all the power because it's split. see the RWD WRX thread if you need further confirmation.

anyhow, the car doesn't look anything like a ricer other than the fact that it has four wheels, glass, and is composed of paint. it looks like a muscle car/race car. race cars have wings to add downforce. saleens, the corvette C5-R, porsches, racing vipers... they use wings to add downforce in high horsepower/high speed applications.

just because millions of faggot ricers have stupid wings on their cars doesn't mean that every wing on every car is rice. they try to rip off the big dogs and now everytime a car that uses the downforce comes along it's treated as a pathetic ricer.

jeez...

the car is balls out awesome but i'd rather have a vette... hehe.