PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up AC to redtop SR20 in s14

arsenics14
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
So I have searched the site and the net on trying to install air conditioning back into my s14 with the SR motor. I know that I need one of the Cody Ace brackets or a modified bracket to hook up the compressor to the block.

Before doing the SR swap the car had ice cold AC. I think I have all the parts necessary to install AC back in the car: compressor, lines, condensor, and everything still under the dash.

My question is, wiring it up and hooking everything back up. Does anyone have any experience in wiring everything back together to work properly or have a layout of all the AC components and necessary parts?

S14Serge
03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
You would be better off getting a pre maid wiring specialties harness that will eliminate any wiring hassels. And as far as what you need for the cody ace brackets is a matching ka a/c compressor and lines. This is the route im going, except the a/c system is currently installed on my s14 so it will be left untouched and when my s13 blacktop sr goes in so will the cody ace bracket and it will be a bolt on affair.

arsenics14
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM
You would be better off getting a pre maid wiring specialties harness that will eliminate any wiring hassels. And as far as what you need for the cody ace brackets is a matching ka a/c compressor and lines. This is the route im going, except the a/c system is currently installed on my s14 so it will be left untouched and when my s13 blacktop sr goes in so will the cody ace bracket and it will be a bolt on affair.

Sounds like a good idea. Yes, I have KA compressor and the line, and am pretty certain all the under dash stuff is there. Wish I had more knowledge in the past and had just left the AC components in until I had the bracket..

Hope to have it all back in, and AC kicking by beginning of summer.

Thanks for input

spartan
03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
im also super interested in getting AC in my s14, i just got mine an idk if it has eveything under dash, i dont see why it wouldnt. could someone post a pic perhaps?
I spend a lot of time in the desert an would really like to get my AC working before summer. other then KA compressor, line, codyace braket, what else do i need?

Mikester
03-15-2013, 06:56 AM
receiver-drier, pressure switch, condenser fan; possibly an expansion valve, A/C system clean/purge/flush (you'd be surprised at the nastiness that comes out of those lines if it's the first time they are ever cleaned/purged), o-ring kit, a few ounces of PAG oil (#46 IIRC)... and a proper vacuum/charge.

arsenics14
03-26-2013, 11:59 PM
receiver-drier, pressure switch, condenser fan; possibly an expansion valve, A/C system clean/purge/flush (you'd be surprised at the nastiness that comes out of those lines if it's the first time they are ever cleaned/purged), o-ring kit, a few ounces of PAG oil (#46 IIRC)... and a proper vacuum/charge.

thanks! I have been researching the wiring also. I would love to have everything hooked up by summer.