PDA

View Full Version : So I play the Initial D game..

nissantuner22
04-10-2004, 10:54 PM
So me and my buddy get off our 12 hour work day at like 10. we hit up Andrettis theme park and saw the initial d game. I was like, well lets see if its any good. So we played it for like 40 minutes straight, switching off every now and than when someone came up ( always some old guy with 20 cards ). I had like a 8-2 record, cause i lost to this old guy with a pimped out acura AUTOMATIC! he picked like the hardest course where all u do is ride the walls and not shift like a bitch.

anyhow it was fun. rocked a sil-eighty. oh yah, how pimped out can u get your car? do the upgrades actually help you?

element240
04-10-2004, 11:04 PM
i played it awhile back but didn't know how to get those little memory cards

mistaanime
04-10-2004, 11:54 PM
lol i have played it too.. i have 2 cards....2 FD3S ....game was cool until mah cousin got it for PS2.

G_Fish240
04-10-2004, 11:55 PM
i see people play at school, all people use is the Hype R

HyperTek
04-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Which version are you playing? I used to play 1 and 2, but 3 is out and I tried it and I stopped playing since I discovered a true drifting arcade game called "Battle Gear 3". hhehe

Flybert
04-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Battle Gear is pretty damn fun because it has more realistic physics involved. It does have it's problems though. First off, it needs a clutch and something about the slides bother me. If it's going to be like real driving, the slides can't be so sideways and there needs to be an in between ground. You get so sideways while staying on the gas that in real life you would spin out. The problem is that comparing real drifting to these games just leads to complaining about the game but Battle Gear is the closest I've seen so I give it two thumbs up.

ICKY
04-11-2004, 01:01 AM
The upgrades do help, but the best way is to pick normal tune. You turn the wheel all the way to the left and hold it there till it switches. It is the fastest and all you get is wheels and a muffler/exhaust. I have plenty of cars from way back when, S14, S15, FC, FD, R34, R32. The thing i dont like about Inital D 2 is that its so freakin unreal when you get a Type R, the only way you have a chance to beat a type r is if your hella good, or you take it on akagi uphill and your good at it. I heard that version 3 favors AWD. So im going to stick with my R34 (has lvl. 12 battle/racer level) havnt played battle gear cuz i guess its not out on the east coast, or atleast not in this area. Sounds like a good game.

psychedelicbeats
04-11-2004, 02:06 AM
where do you play battle gear 3 at? i'd put kaido battle 2 over anything for now

nightwalker
04-11-2004, 02:09 AM
the fastest car is the hype R. and you can ride the walls in that game and still win. It sucks. It was fun for about a month.

citizen
04-11-2004, 04:05 AM
BAH I SAY BAH, the ultimate car in initial d is the SUZUKI CAPPUCCINO =)
anything else isfor failures~

Shin_Kudo
04-11-2004, 04:28 AM
where do you play battle gear 3 at? i'd put kaido battle 2 over anything for now

They have BG3 at Boomers Arcade / Mini Golf / Karts / etc. in Irvine. I just got back from there, in fact. They have a domestic machine. The good is that it is hooked up to the web to allow internet play, and they have the special keys that allow you to save your cars. (And, even cooler, to go to a website from your PC and modlfy your car, all the way up to fully custom paintschemes!) The problem is the machine itself. The ergonomics are horrible. The shift knob is very small, and mounted low down. About 8 inches directly behind it is the E-brake, which, even when not in use, sticks up like when a real e-brake is in the park position. So, consequently, it prevents you from being able to use certain arm positions. The pedals are also mounted so that they swing down instead of forward, and are very close together, causing the player to accidentally hit both at once.

Arcade Infinity, in City Of Industry (I think, never been there myself) also has it. They have an imported JDM version, from what i've heard. They do not have the keys, and are not online. However, the JDM machines are much better designed, with a more realistic e-brake, a nice metal shift knob, etc.

balmo
04-11-2004, 08:31 AM
i wonder if there is battle gear here in the bay area?

nissantuner22
04-11-2004, 08:59 AM
I got the version 2. Yah that dude had the type R, man o man was he hard to beat. I'm going to have to look into this battle gear though. My one gripe with the initial d game though is by far the wall riding. It took me 2 minutes to realize that driving the REALISTIC way was completely inferior to just going as fast as you can, turn hard, ride wall as least as possible while staying on it, and downshifting 3/4 of the way through to keep revs up. Wall riding= gay. We made a rule not to do it when I played my buddy, lot more fun. OH and that stupid "catch up" mode is gay. you can FLY past the guy who is maxxed out with it on.

ICKY
04-11-2004, 02:47 PM
LoL, hold the brakes down before the race comes, read the bottom of the screen after you chose the course, ect... and yes, the hype r is hella fast, race it on akagi uphill dry, thats your best chance at beating one. akagi/Hard I course.

the240sxer95
04-11-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah you can RIDE the walls, but you wont be faster.. you slow down like a beeeotch.. so you gotta learn how to play :P its hard to be good at that game.

nismo skyline
04-11-2004, 09:19 PM
a few of my friends play the game, i'm more of a watcher. i like the soundtrack though

ICKY
04-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Hahaha, the soundtrack is pure hottness! xpecially when you are cruising, makes you wanna go as fast as you can, or go drift and do some doughnuts in some parking lots.

matlock
04-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I just played Version2 about 2 weeks ago in Las Vegas, I have never played it before...it was pretty fun and I drove the S13, and played alone, a kid hopped in next to me and I raced him but all he did was ride the walls and I was like trying to do all these drifts it was funny...I had a good time, but I would like to play this Battle Gear.