PDA

View Full Version : 240sx hatch pop up lights help please.

Kouki_s13
03-07-2013, 12:53 AM
I have one headlight that is loose when I drive it tends to go back down and not stay up. Does anyone know how to fix it or what I need to fix it? Or weather its my motor for the lights? anything to help me fix it. Thanks Zilvians. You can txt me if you'd like as well 626-623-0191 Brian.

dluevanos01
03-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Make sure it's connected properly with by the rod that connects the headlight to the motor.

but it randomly falls? and it mechanically goes up and down with the switch?

rwtf
03-07-2013, 02:26 AM
tighten the nut at the motor.

Kouki_s13
03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Make sure it's connected properly with by the rod that connects the headlight to the motor.

but it randomly falls? and it mechanically goes up and down with the switch?

Yea bro I'll try that. Yes it will go up only like half ways than as I would be driving it would slowly go down. I cut the brown wire to do lazy eye's on my car. Do you think it has something to do with that??

Kouki_s13
03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
tighten the nut at the motor.

The lil brown one that you turn left or right. Right? I tried but it would still go down as I would drive. The light felt loose compared to the other one but this morning it was stiff again. I don't understand why its doing that problem.

240boi115
03-07-2013, 01:13 PM
get another motor or whole unit from a junkyard! xD well thats a last resort,the bracket itself could be messed up. IMO just having the lights in lazy eye mode at all times looks badass..thats how my hatch is.

dluevanos01
03-10-2013, 03:59 AM
Yea bro I'll try that. Yes it will go up only like half ways than as I would be driving it would slowly go down. I cut the brown wire to do lazy eye's on my car. Do you think it has something to do with that??

I would say it's your motor. I don't like the sleepy eye mod, but to each their own. One thing you can do is connect the wire again to see if that is the case, but honestly I think it's your motor that can't hold the light up and it just winds itself down.