PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder how much stuff on eBay is stolen

rrobe99999
04-09-2004, 10:03 AM
I suspect that eBay is the new fence for stolen goods. I was looking at one seller's items and have come to the conclusion that he steals the items he has listed. I won't provide any names or links of course, because this is purely speculation. Here's what he sells, and why I think they are stolen:
1.) Many different brands of car stereo face plates: Aren't these encrypted so that it would have to be programmed from the factory to work with a particular stereo? How would you obtain these unless you worked for a dealer, and sold keyed replacements? Maybe theives has figured out how to bypass this and make them work.
2.) Fancy OEM shift knobs Lexus, BMW, etc: Very easy to grab.
3.) OEM keyless entry fobs. Same as #1: Maybe he has figured a way to use these to get into cars or has found them in cars that he raided.
4.) Many different OEM Motorcycle tool kits: I assume you can just lift up the seat of a bike to grab these. If not this guy owns a lot of bikes and doesn't need tools for them.
As a frequent eBay buyer, I hope I never get busted for unkowingly buying stolen goods.

aznpoopy
04-09-2004, 10:23 AM
hmm makes sense. for a small time wannabe crook e-bay is the perfect place to sell this junk anonymously. i doubt you could be held criminally liable if you get caught buying stolen goods.

hmooblis
04-09-2004, 11:01 AM
what you should do is send him a personal email telling him that you know his sercet and that he should give you a 30-50% discount or else cops will be at his door. (remember ebay has all the info on this guy/gal on record and the info has to match up plus you can email someone else that bought from him and ask for a address)... j/k i don't know what i'm talking about

gosuS14
04-10-2004, 01:52 AM
interesting, cause i have some digital camera's and camcorders that i am selling, if it comes down to it, i will sell on ebay. this stuff may seem stolen because it's a bunch of digital tech. stuff and it's random, but it wasn't, i just bought it because a store was closing. so maybe he just happened to find a good deal on that stuff and is now trying to sell it. just a thought.

hotrodv
04-10-2004, 04:45 AM
Mh isn't simple to understand:axe: