PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums just got a S14 with a rb25det

Justin95
02-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Hello guys Im new on here and just yesterday I picked up a 1995 S14 that has a rb25det swap done to it already. Previously Ive mostly built GM LS cars and a few DSM's- unfortunately . Anyway Im kind of in uncharted turf with the s14. The wiring looks like a birds nest and i plan on putting a wiring specialties harness on it asap to clean it up . But driving it home yesterday it seemes to hesitate when i get in the throttle. To me it seems like either the vehicle is starving for fuel or their is major boost lag. Its also experiencing fuel cut when the boost jumps past 10psi.

The kid who built the car put a z32 fuel filter and a z32 fuel pump with stock injectors and a z32 maf as well as a safc 2. The ECU was "supposedly" rom tuned but who knows if thats true. The setup he has now is a T04e turbo with a 38mm external waste gate that supposedly has a 16 psi spring but I watched the boost jump past 20 more than once so who knows at this point what spring is in it. I plan on using the car for a run around- weekend at the track car so it has to stay reliable. Whats your guys thoughts on what fuel system upgrades if any that i need to make such as injectors or fuel pumps. i plan on sending the ecu to nistune to get thier setup for tuning but ive heard that i should upgrade to a z32 ecu and send that out to them instead of the rb ecu. Any help is greatly appreciated. I cant wait to get this thing running like it should!

EnemyS15
02-26-2013, 07:42 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/96924-if-you-new-introduce-yourself-no-pictures.html

240drew
02-27-2013, 07:20 AM
RB25 Series 1, 2, or NEO PM me ive owned many also look for a fella on here by the name of CarlH. Honestly the most likely cause is Coil Packs. RB's have a hellacious problem with them. If you have a series 1 you will have a square igniter on the back of the coil pack cover. If not then its either series 2 or neo and this does not apply. For a cheap option on coil packs get the front two coils off of a q45. They are the same the boots are different just swap over your old one. A way to check coil pack is to start the car somewhere it is pitch black and look down into the motor if you see a light show. Its time for a change, your next option is wasted spark go ahead and search theres several write ups Using the Buick Grand National coil pack

Justin95
02-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Looks like a series 1. The igniter is on the cover. Ill check the coils tonight. I drove it again today and it almost does seem like an ignition misfire. I appreciate your guidance. Isn't there also a way to use gm Ls coils too? I have them laying around from my Camaro. Thanks again

fliprayzin240sx
02-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Yes, search in google, people actually do the LS coils as an upgrade on RB25s because these coilpacks sucks.