PDA

View Full Version : S13 Tire Fitment Question

pearlywhite240
02-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I have a s13 with coilovers, I'm running 18x7.5 wheels all the way around. Not entirely sure on offset, they're drifz 505 wheels. I have 225/45/18 tires on the front and 245/40/18 tires on the back.

Now, I have two questions, first is, my fronts fit exactly how I want, except they rub (not on the fenders) but inside the wheel well at the corner.

I have no idea how to fix this except spacers, but If I space them out too much they'll literally be sitting on the fenders and probably knock the fenders off.

The way they sit right now there super flush and look so good and it's exactly how I want it to look. Sorry for lack of pictures I just wonder if anyone has any ideas..

Second question is.. the back on the other hand.. I'm not to happy with it. I mean it looks decent but this is how I want it to look

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/kylehayes/IMG_0548.jpg

But my problem is they're cambered a bit, I want them to look flush like in the above picture.. any insight?

this is how my backs sits...
http://i46.tinypic.com/20gjz88.jpg

this is how my front sits...
http://i48.tinypic.com/ouo0ab.jpg

I pretty much want the back to sit flush like the fronts are...

Sorry if the post isn't clear and my pictures suck, kind of typed this fast.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I just want to know how people get all 4 wheels to be flush, I wouldn't even mind a little poke. Just don't want them tucking in really, so how to people do this?

Croustibat
02-22-2013, 03:45 AM
spacers, adjustable LCAs, offsets that fits, and overfenders sometimes, or fender rolling.

adjustable toe and camber arms to get a somewhat not so bad alignment.

Basically, people use money.

Petitt
02-25-2013, 06:52 PM
If your tire is rubbing the wheel well, You need a lower profile tire.

Also, running more camber will pull your tire down too, but it'll come closer to rubbing our coils. That's going to be limited by what kind of arms you have (stock or aftermarket) and what front coils you have.

If it was my car, I'd get stock wheels, throw those fuckers on craigslist for 200 bucks, and then save and buy wheels that are wider, and lower offset with tires that fit. Check the wheel fitment thread, or Rimtuck.com to get an idea of what fits and what doesn't.

fliprayzin240sx
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
How about you get rid of those shitty wheels and get something that actually fits the car. Who the fuck rocks 7.5" width wheels on these cars nowadays? Are we back in 2000 again?

Shit, you want decent looking wheels...Enjuku Racing got some new Square wheels that are copies of the R33 GTR wheels.

pearlywhite240
02-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Lol ^ I guess you missed the question. The question wasn't should I get rid of my wheels, I "rock" what I can afford and considering the wheels came on the car, that is what I can afford.

You think I actually want 7.5" wide wheels? No. Is that what I have to deal with right now? Yea, want to come convert my car to 5 lug right quick and buy me those Replicas? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Petitt And Croustibatt for answering the actual question.

zerodameaon
02-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Shit, you want decent looking wheels...Enjuku Racing got some new Square wheels that are copies of the R33 GTR wheels.

Those squares are legit, and cheap. In fact it might be about the same price as getting those wheels out to where you want if you do it the right way. If you do it the easy(which is not wrong but not as good as all the arms) way with spacers and don't buy ones from ebay your looking at about half of those rims.

Croustibat
02-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Lol ^ I guess you missed the question. The question wasn't should I get rid of my wheels, I "rock" what I can afford and considering the wheels came on the car, that is what I can afford.

You think I actually want 7.5" wide wheels? No. Is that what I have to deal with right now? Yea, want to come convert my car to 5 lug right quick and buy me those Replicas? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Petitt And Croustibatt for answering the actual question.

The thing is it will cost way more money to adapt these wheels than to buy ones that already fit.

There are still some nice looking wheels in 4 studs. The 5 studs conversion cost money and will just bring you more choice, but thats it.

Another way to go is to get some large rotas RBX with low/neg offsets. They are somewhat cheap, 4 lugs, and need big overfenders, which gives quite a look. And as you fit overfenders, you can have them adjusted so they come flush.