PDA

View Full Version : Battery touched hood and exploded and now nothing works. Please help.

brucetrann
02-20-2013, 03:21 AM
I have a 1991 s13 with an sr. ok, here's my story. I was driving at around 12am in the morning and I hit a pretty sweet dip and then my whole car shut off. I heard a loud POP noise also right when my car turned off. I'm guessing the battery hit the hood because I saw on the hood some marks that look like they came from the battery. Also, I don't have a battery hold down, but if I can fix this, I'm definitely getting one. I just bought the battery last week and it seems to have broke. On the bottom of the battery, it's leaking a lot of battery acid. (I'm guessing it exploded when I shorted it to the hood) Even though the battery was broken, I used a test light on the battery and it had power. Then I used the test light on the fuse box in the engine bay and it had power. I then check for power under the dash near the hood latch and there's no power at all. I turn the key to the on position and the fuel pump doesn't prime, none of the lights turn on, engine doesn't start, and absolutely nothing works except for the fcking clock. ALSO, right at the incident, my turbo timer was flashing rapidly, but now, it doesn't flash anymore. Please help me, I have work and school and, as of now, I have to share a car with 3 people.

It's really stressful when I think of wiring, but I think that the problem lies between the fuse box in the engine bay, and the one next to the hood latch. I mean there's power going in, but then it stops somewhere in-between. Anyways.. If I can't figure out the problem, I'm probably going to put in the whole chassis harness from a 1990 s13 into my car. Wiring should be the same for both because it's the same car..

Sileighty_85
02-20-2013, 05:19 AM
Replace battery and check fuses

brucetrann
02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Ok. I'll try that.