PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! egi relay buzz +cel on when key is out !!! other things

discobox
02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
ok so i got a good one for you guys and hopefuly you can help me out

so i bought a car that didnot run with a ka24de missing a few things and a auto tranny in it. then i swapped a running ka24de and a manual tranny in i have looped the wires for the key lock and my key comes out. so i get in turn my key to the on position and the check engine light seatbelt light and ! light come on i turn the key back and out and the check engine and the ! lights are lit and stay lit. so i try to cycle the key a few times between off and on postion and the check engine light turns off and the egi fuse under the hood busses. i hooked up the multi meter and i got 3 powers at the relay. and my fuel pump will not turn on. what DO I do i was looking at the fuse box and thier is a red plug on the side that came from the auto tranny what dose it do? im going to check the alt and starter for shorts should i replace the ecu or did i fry it ? i have the auto ecu on thier not the 5 speed one. o and to top it off when the key is on the speedo reads 20kph.

discobox
02-19-2013, 07:09 AM
40 views no help ????

todd5854
02-21-2013, 10:59 AM
My last 240 had a really bad rigged up 5spd swap, and rear battery conversion..

When I took the key out the EGI relay buzzed. This might sound weird, but I took the relay out and the car functioned fine..

Try taking yours out and see if there's any change in symptoms?

Also, check all of your grounds

discobox
02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
lol oksounds wierd for sure lol it starts and runs it needs a new alternator. but when i turn the key and dont start it the egi buzzez