PDA

View Full Version : FL 93 S13 Coupe 5spd, S14 engine- $3700

g35gabby
02-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Very clean and stock car. Picked up (2) S13's and shockingly this one wasn't as clean as the other one. I wanted to keep both, but if I do that I know I will go wild and my bank account will not approve. Chassis is very clean and has 154k on it. Unsure how many miles on the engine (out of an S14), but runs amazingly and the 6puck clutch that was put in grabs really hard.Compression is nearly perfect. Almost all black interior, other than a few little things in the back seat. Aftermarket radio works as well as the AC and the Heat both feel great. Title is clean and car is a joy to drive.

only problems:

Has a small crack in the bottom of the windshield that needs to be addressed

Driver's side lock is different from all the rest of the locks on the car. Did not know till I got home (can still unlock passenger side and open from the inside)

Paint isn't perfect

other than that it runs and drives like a dream.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-17_11-15-43_587_zpsd879fc25.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-17_11-15-24_682_zpsbceaa0e1.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_14-15-28_790_zps3685b7b9.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_21-22-33_364_zps91681c3d.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_21-22-22_287_zpsaecdec0d.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_21-22-17_688_zpseb32bf03.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_14-15-08_596_zps1d99b290.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_14-15-00_808_zps5792db41.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_14-14-53_998_zpsfeed34c1.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/flippelax/for%20sale/2013-02-16_14-11-38_772_zpsfb40be2a.jpg

KiLLeR2001
02-17-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm a little confused on your asking price. The car has mismatched panels, a cracked windshield, mismatched interior, an S14 engine w/ unknown mileage, and is also a base model.

Definitely needs a fresh paint job to even be considered in entering into the $3000 range.

Please don't respond with anything in regards to "shitting" on your for sale thread. I would actually prefer a detailed explanation in your initial price point.

Thanks.

HazeBlazer
02-17-2013, 12:13 PM
GLWS. Lot of good s14's, with s14 engines lower than your asking.

g35gabby
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
By mismatched interior, you are referring to the rear C-pillar section that was not able to be moved from a S13 hatch interior. Other than the entire interior is black inside. it was original brown and converted to black. I can source the parts to change the 4-5 pieces that aren't black if it is that big a deal to anyone.

the S14 motor I did not list miles on because the previous owner did not have the information to provide me. It did however have perfect compression numbers and I would welcome any and all to test it themselves before purchasing. I try to be straight up about it and not call it a 150k miles on a stock engine, when I know it has been changed at some point.

I have looked at dozens of S13s and 14s locally lately and shells that are haggered as hell and multiple colors (not sun faded) are going for silly amounts. Auto S13 hatches are sitting in around 2.9k with super high miles. This car hasn't been smashed, the frame is in great shape, the car runs flawlessly, and even has working AC (which for god knows what reason few 240sx's in florida seem to have).

I'm open to negotiate, but given what people are charging for these cars in worse shape, I can't say it isn't reasonable.

as for the wind shield, I can fix it if you want it fixed. Or you can have it covered under insurance..... it really isn't hard to get taken care of, nor is it big enough to make a huge deal out of. I just wanted prospective buyers to be aware before purchase.

oneslide
02-17-2013, 01:16 PM
I'd maybe offer 2k tops. But GLWS.

KiLLeR2001
02-17-2013, 01:56 PM
One of two things need to happen here...

1. Lower your asking price to reflect the actual worth of the vehicle.

or

2. Keep your asking price but do the following revisions:

- Full paint job, get the car all one uniform color. Do a repaint, not a color change.
- Complete the interior to one solid color.
- Fix windshield.
- Clean the engine bay, eliminate excessive use of zip ties, I'm also noticing no fan shroud around the clutch fan.
- Replace the valve cover to stock color or paint it black. Yellow looks annoying and cheap.
- Nicer set of wheels, at least S13 SE's.

I hope you find this information helpful, GLWS.

g35gabby
02-17-2013, 08:04 PM
One of two things need to happen here...
2. Keep your asking price but do the following revisions:

- Full paint job, get the car all one uniform color. Do a repaint, not a color change.
- Complete the interior to one solid color.
- Fix windshield.
- Clean the engine bay, eliminate excessive use of zip ties, I'm also noticing no fan shroud around the clutch fan.
- Replace the valve cover to stock color or paint it black. Yellow looks annoying and cheap.
- Nicer set of wheels, at least S13 SE's.

I hope you find this information helpful, GLWS.

lol, very useful, are you even interested in the car?

seriously you are going to complain about the color of the valve cover or the zip ties? like those really have an affect on prices. If they do, you are entitled to your opinion and welcome to use them as negotiation pieces when making an offer on the car. Otherwise they are just nonsense. I didn't paint it yellow, and honestly if I was keeping the car I would change the color, but I will leave that to the next owner, or with a deposit fix it for them.

the wheels? really ? GTFO with that. Again if I was going to keep this one, I might get different ones, but as with any wheels the styling is entirely the opinion of the buyer as to what looks good. I have at least 3 other sets of wheels I can change them out for if the buyer requests and we can again use that in negotiation, but what exactly does that have to do with the price of rice in china?

fix the windshield? I can, I actually have all the professional tools to do it, but I will leave that to the next person. It is free under comprehensive, so putting a value on that is not very high IMO. if the buyer wants it taken care of, I will be happy to if they pay for the part, my room mate has done auto glass for the last 2 years.

I will give you that the paint isn't great, but is about 100 times better than any of the S13s or S14s F/s locally and seems to have no bearing on price so why would I bother wasting money to fix it? It is all one color and a good coat of wax and buff may do wonders for the 20 year old paint. I know it did for the red one I bought with it.

I'm very open to negotiate on price, but it is my listed price and you are always welcome to offer me a different number that makes you feel warm inside. Hell, I'm even willing to take partial trade for parts or cool shit like guns.... I don't have to sell it, but it isn't really got any use as I already have 4 other vehicles I play with and would rather see someone get some enjoyment out of it. I didn't know my choice of price was offensive to you or hurt you in some way.... or that you had any say in the price I ask for my car, but please enjoy the rest of your day.

oneslide
02-17-2013, 09:19 PM
if 2k is ever a deal for you, PM me.

g35gabby
02-17-2013, 09:30 PM
if 2k is ever a deal for you, PM me.

Will keep it in mind. Not really that eager to get rid of it right now.

singlecamslam
02-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Will keep it in mind. Not really that eager to get rid of it right now.

We can tell.

smoney6969
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
damn i get that the askking price is high and all but no need to shit on the guys thread.... if you dont like his price than move on to the next 240 for sale? not like there isnt 1000000 of them for sale on here? lol

KiLLeR2001
02-18-2013, 01:35 AM
lol, very useful, are you even interested in the car?

Potentially, I've kinda been tossing the idea around with the gf that she should have a project 240sx of her own.

seriously you are going to complain about the color of the valve cover or the zip ties? like those really have an affect on prices. If they do, you are entitled to your opinion and welcome to use them as negotiation pieces when making an offer on the car. Otherwise they are just nonsense. I didn't paint it yellow, and honestly if I was keeping the car I would change the color, but I will leave that to the next owner, or with a deposit fix it for them.

I'm not complaining at all. What I was offering to you were suggestions that would make the price seem more justifiable to the potential buyer.

the wheels? really ? GTFO with that. Again if I was going to keep this one, I might get different ones, but as with any wheels the styling is entirely the opinion of the buyer as to what looks good. I have at least 3 other sets of wheels I can change them out for if the buyer requests and we can again use that in negotiation, but what exactly does that have to do with the price of rice in china?

Again, with your outlandish price, I would expect a little more flavor in the wheel department.

fix the windshield? I can, I actually have all the professional tools to do it, but I will leave that to the next person. It is free under comprehensive, so putting a value on that is not very high IMO. if the buyer wants it taken care of, I will be happy to if they pay for the part, my room mate has done auto glass for the last 2 years.

I will give you that the paint isn't great, but is about 100 times better than any of the S13s or S14s F/s locally and seems to have no bearing on price so why would I bother wasting money to fix it? It is all one color and a good coat of wax and buff may do wonders for the 20 year old paint. I know it did for the red one I bought with it.

I'm very open to negotiate on price, but it is my listed price and you are always welcome to offer me a different number that makes you feel warm inside. Hell, I'm even willing to take partial trade for parts or cool shit like guns.... I don't have to sell it, but it isn't really got any use as I already have 4 other vehicles I play with and would rather see someone get some enjoyment out of it. I didn't know my choice of price was offensive to you or hurt you in some way.... or that you had any say in the price I ask for my car, but please enjoy the rest of your day.

I'm sure this is a very nice car but there are some things that need to be addressed in order to reflect the price point (my opinion of course). I understand that you have other cars to deal with but you will need a little elbow grease and some motivation if you want to sell this car for more than what KBB says.

g35gabby
02-18-2013, 07:28 AM
damn i get that the askking price is high and all but no need to shit on the guys thread.... if you dont like his price than move on to the next 240 for sale? not like there isnt 1000000 of them for sale on here? lol

Thanks but I am a girl. Not many people realize that....

Rps13Ed
02-18-2013, 08:16 AM
1800 Serious offer text me 4047047183

Xs14X
02-18-2013, 09:37 AM
pretty funny that you're asking $3700 for a stock, beat, faded s13, when 4 threads up from this is another s13 with brand new paint, nicer wheels, same engine, and quite a few decent mods for less $...

RaidenKing
02-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Gabby, you seem like a nice girl - and I'm a swell guy. My insurance actually won't cover a windshield. If you can get that fixed, get the car a quick repaint - replace the exhaust and valve cover with stock parts - then I will gladly pay you $1,500 cash - and you get to then SELL the aftermarket parts $500-2,000 themselves.

I've already got $4k worth of 'investments' to make with the car, and they start with replacing the seats, blowing a hole in the block with a big ole turbo, then replacing that with a built KA motor. I can't wait to work this out with you.

g35gabby
02-18-2013, 06:38 PM
pretty funny that you're asking $3700 for a stock, beat, faded s13, when 4 threads up from this is another s13 with brand new paint, nicer wheels, same engine, and quite a few decent mods for less $...

So why are you here exactly? to tell me about a wicked good deal? I don't need a 3rd 240sx.

Beat? based on what exactly? the red zip ties? All 2 of them? Maybe the yellow valve cover is upsetting to you too?

Please go buy that car and leave my post be if you like his price better. It is a bit funny that there have been 2 posts with actual offers and a 1/2 dozen with people crying about the number without even making one. This car does not need to be trailered anywhere, it does run every time you turn the key, and the car isn't rattle canned to hell or lacking AC. if you think it is worth less than the number I'm asking, then make an offer. I'm not going to be insulted or offended. I'm happy to make a deal with a legitimate buyer.

iJDM
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
If you don't like it why not just move on?

GLWS OP

unwtdhero
02-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Cars are worth what the buyer is willing to pay, glws.

oneslide
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
LOL at the guys offering 1500 and 1800 when I just offered 2k and she turned it down..

Gabby, if this doesn't sell by the end of the month, please PM me and maybe I'll work with you if you can work with me on meeting/shipping as I'll be coming from STL.

g35gabby
02-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Will do Oneslide. Got a couple of people already lining up to see it this weekend, so we shall see how it goes.

g35gabby
02-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Invested 15 mins worth of work,

painted the valve cover black, replaced those wretched 2 red zip ties, and painted the interior panels that were brown black. All invest, 0 dollars..... LIKE OMG!!!!!!!

O yeah, and the car is sold. Thanks for all those who had their opinions about what my car was worth, it helped keep it at the top of the page and get it sold in under week w/o fixing anything really. Thanks even more to those who were reasonable and were at least respectable.

now it is time to dump all this extra money into the red one I got. O yeah, it sold..... for more than I paid for both, but thanks for playing......

oscarsx
02-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Op lies, car is still in the driveway.. Loljk

Glad you sold that for your asking price..

- oz