PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE vs. SR20DET please help!

mudafka
02-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Well Im really new to this zilvia :gives: and ive searched this on like bing and google to see what people have to say in other forums and the web but idk I still don't feel like I got all the info I need/wanted so id just llike to know from zilvia I got the money now for my S14 now, just don't know if I should turbo my KA (I hear it has lots of potential) or swap in a S14 SR notchtop. I would like to know why exactly one is better than the other and which one would also be a good dd. I don't really wana do a rb or 1jz just because I don't have 6,000 to spend like that but yeah im on a nice size budget.

EDacIouSX
02-17-2013, 04:27 AM
you gotta be kidding me.... there are a lot of threads on KA vs SR....

You live in So cal, either is going to give you trouble. if you get caught driving a KA-T it's a little easier to swap back to stock to pass inspection if you're going to go that route. As far as which engine is better, I personally prefer SR because there's a ton more availability and a lot less custom work to do. If there's a problem with the motor, all you gotta do is buy the part. KA sometimes requires fabrication. as far as HP potential, its not too dissimilar.

Sileighty_85
02-17-2013, 04:46 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/Gifs/Punch2.jpg

jr_ss
02-17-2013, 09:47 AM
I'd have to agree with the gentlemen above.

This has been beat to death over the course of 10yrs or more. Do some research in the archived pages. Trust me, it's there

KiLLeR2001
02-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Fuck, this is painful to read. There is always an influx of retarded threads once people receive their tax money.

CleanAndLegit
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
FUCK New members.

WHO DON'T SEARCH PROPERLY

that is all.

godrifttoday
02-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Ka24de!! Built for the price of an sr!!the power people go for is usually 4-500 horsepower , so y not !

khon240sx
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
hahaha. you better use search button man. that how i do my research and study.

omgRWDgoodness!
02-17-2013, 11:20 AM
At least he seems to have the right idea with considering an S14 SR, unlike the cheap fucks who swap redtops into S14s -___-

skysilvias13
02-17-2013, 11:33 AM
At least he seems to have the right idea with considering an S14 SR, unlike the cheap fucks who swap redtops into S14s -___-

:down: Nothing wrong with the RTs... last time I checked I didn't go cheap on my red top either. Earlier versions of the SRs are more user friendly in the terms of tuning and upgrading power bands at different given times. The VT series SR's are nothing crazy and to say you want to be 100% accurate about how it should look in our chassis is personal bias.

If your talking about those people that throw in a beaten SR and throw GSP or Megan or even ebay stuff I agree with you 100% then :spank:

The cost difference just to have the look is stupid btw. Also just to say you have an S15 SR is nothing special in my book as well.

-1998 Owner

slydin240sx
02-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Why is this thread not locked yet?

Dtap1022
02-17-2013, 12:01 PM
You could probably find enough information about these two motors to span you 60 years of your life to read....so check them out.

SR
-bolt on power right away
-less custom fab
-more proven set ups
-little bit more rev happy
-larger aftermarket
-makes you feel jdm yo

Ka
-More displacement
-better sounding
-pretty cheap although if you plan on doing a rebuild it will end up costing just as much as a sr, BUT...you would have a fresh motor instead of one that you know very little about with more miles

ForeignMuscle
02-17-2013, 12:14 PM
:gives:

I think you said it best, OP..

Fucking read.

HazeBlazer
02-17-2013, 12:38 PM
To answer your question, and also to maximize the most of your money, go KA turbo. Look up the JGS turbo kit, Phase2motortrend sells it for $1700. With the necessary parts and only forged pistons as a modification to the head, you can hit 350whp with even more torque than you could have ever imagined.

That's going overboard too in my opinion, because this car at 250whp, with the mega torque from the KA already FLIES. Seriously, have you driven one of these things with 250whp? Just remember, KA's have extremely sensitive timing MAPs, and make sure you find a really good dyno tuner, and I mean its really important to get this thing tuned right, because once you do, it's bulletproof, some KA's only go to 200whp before blowing, because of people slapping on turbos like an idiot. So, with injectors, maf, fmic etc... Depending on if you do the work yourself and what parts you get it could run you $2500-$4000 (including the turbo kit), sometimes more because shit always happens.

Or you could spend that on a >200whp stock sr20 swap....

rb25_s13*CHUKI
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Sr20 all day and night over the ka. no contest It's been proven millions of times that the Sr is a better platform! you don't get a 4 cylinder for torque, you get a v8 for torque or a 6 cylinder. Look at all the best 4 cylinders they are high reving monsters.

here they are built to max fuckin crazy status and what did the company do? Ditch the KA turbo and go with the SR20 platform

The ka turbo setup and best time they ran with is
Import DPS 7 Second KA24 Turbo 1000 HP Courtesy of JRSpeed.COM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-LFECM-OH0)

The new sr20 setup

Import DPS SR20DET Powered 240SX Fall Nationals 7.36 @ 185MPH Pass Courtesy of GRS-Motorsports - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rR5RY_KTfg)

mudafka
02-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Dam some of you motherfuckers are some real assholes and wouldn't do say shit to me if we were face to face but oh well hide behind your computers. As I said have searched but since you dumasses cant read eh idk but yeah to the other people thanks for the positive feedback lol :fawkd:

EDacIouSX
02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Dam some of you motherfuckers are some real assholes and wouldn't do say shit to me if we were face to face but oh well hide behind your computers. As I said have searched but since you dumasses cant read eh idk but yeah to the other people thanks for the positive feedback lol :fawkd:

oh god.... really? Just go to a car meet and talk to people and you will get the same responses.

jr_ss
02-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Oh man, Internet tough guy... Instead of flexing your keyboard muscles do some fucking research. Go over to Kat.org and READ. Then come back here after youve pulled the needle out of your ass and READ about SRs. Then once you have a good back ground on each motor, make an educated decision that will suite your needs and budget.

Flapping your cocksucker doesn't work around here.

mudafka
02-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Oh man, Internet tough guy... Instead of flexing your keyboard muscles do some fucking research. Go over to Kat.org and READ. Then come back here after youve pulled the needle out of your ass and READ about SRs. Then once you have a good back ground on each motor, make an educated decision that will suite your needs and budget.

Flapping your cocksucker doesn't work around here.

Whatever bro but I ben there already dipshit but thanks anyways dick nugget

jr_ss
02-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Wow another useless member that couldn't find his dick in a sea of vaginas.

enkei2k
02-17-2013, 08:37 PM
:facepalm:

search, this has been discussed a million times.

TL;DR

your car do what you want.

:lockd: