PDA

View Full Version : Drift Bible

ONYX S-13
04-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Ok , i got the video off ebay today and i was wondering if the video was worth the 19 bucks that i paid for it..? I heard mixed opinions about the video..Most of the bad comments though were on the crappy voice over stuff,nothing really on how the information was delivered...So i guess I'm asking the people who have seen the video..Does the video have a lot of information in it that I can learn from or is it basically just for entertainment? I wanna learn more about drifting and vehicle control and i wanna know if that video can teach me a little or a lot about either or both these things?

element240
04-05-2004, 03:39 PM
i got it from ebay too, for my 18 bucks, it wasn't too bad...

s13driver
04-05-2004, 03:44 PM
well in my opinion.. i think it is ok... but just don't take every word he said about which car is better than the other.. since he has his own style and so do you.

DRFT
04-05-2004, 03:47 PM
its alright not that good....i got mine for $20 @ a car show, shoulda picked up a option dvd instead...

ONYX S-13
04-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah...I don't care what his opinions are on certain cars...I just wanna learn a lil bit about drifting and control..That's it...I rarely listen to peoples opinins on cars cause i do know that everyone is different and have different preferances......I'm into watching the video strictly for informational purposes.

Var
04-05-2004, 04:36 PM
well in my opinion.. i think it is ok... but just don't take every word he said about which car is better than the other.. since he has his own style and so do you.

i heard he talks shit about S13's. maybe that's why you say that. i'd take his word for it since he's driven everything from le mans cars to superexotics to low end drift cars to high end drift cars. he's been there and done that as they say. But really does he talk shit about s13's or no?

Heartwork
04-05-2004, 04:38 PM
its kinda informative just to see how the foot/handwork is done...
but then again you could also study the regular Option/Drift Tengoku videos for that...

voice-overs are CHEESY

ONYX S-13
04-05-2004, 04:52 PM
So Option makes a video that teaches you how to drift ? The last option video i watched was about a year and a half ago and i hated it..All it was was people yelling the whole time when the people would drift...It got annoying real fast...The only part that i actually liked was the part when people were takin their cars to the snow and drifting em..There was this guy in like a toyota tow truck that drift a huge drift but he ended up spinning out at the end..It looked like a lot of fun...But as a whole I hated the video..There were no subtitles or voice overs so all i heard the whole time was loud annoying babble (It might have been better if i know what they were saying while they were yelling)..I'd rather hear my daughter's temper tantrums then listen to that stuff..

Heartwork
04-05-2004, 07:21 PM
not all, but some Option/DT videos they;ll have a small segment on techniques/instructions...

but alot of the time during the events, they will show in car handwork/footwork....good enough observations...
but just watching is half the battle ;) seat time is more valuable :D

kazuo
04-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Yes DoriKin talks shit about S13 chassis in the Drift Bible.

He remarks that we S13 owners are the kings of understeer, and thats why he has a S14... :P

Var
04-06-2004, 11:55 AM
I KNEW IT...inferior piece of shit

SilviaSativa
04-06-2004, 12:55 PM
"Cars such as the Hachi-Roku and the S13, both notorious for understeering, and weak front traction."
"The understeer is strong going uphill, so give stonger braking in order to create stronger weight shift to the front."

I wouldn't say he was talking shit, he just said "The S13's front grip is terrible, install a Kei Office suspension and it will go away" :D

nokeone
04-06-2004, 01:20 PM
entertained...that is all

KiDyNomiTe
04-06-2004, 01:29 PM
I downloaded it, ya I'm a theif, screw you :p

Its ok, but videos do nothign compared to seat time (whether you are passenger, or driving)

monkey7
04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
If you want, look into 'Mission Drifting.' I think it has some good information on the basics. There is also one interesting thing they mention on the video, a LSD is one of the first things to get for a beginner. Also to have a tuned (suspension, lsd, etc.) up car to speed up the process of learning how to drift.

ONYX S-13
04-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Yeah I'm not super into it right now (Too expensive)...I really really like watching it though and I've done it only a couple times (Properly), but the reason why i got the video cause i wanted to have someone explain to me what to do in a step by step thing .That way i wouldn't be left guessing next time i do a drift..That's the only real reason why i bought the video.I doubt I'll be going all out on learning how to drift till i save some money to get a lot of tires and go to a track.

CleanS14
04-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Don't get caught up in learning from the vid man... I've seen people actually try to break down the steps during their seat time hahahaha... it's funny to see them "Brake, brake feint brake and there..." by the time they are at the second brake... they didn't need it and are going too slow or are understeering... all these things you can learn on the track... IMO it's ok for the total novice... other than that, just get it to have it I guess... that's why I got it hahaha