PDA

View Full Version : Using SR or RB turbos on a Z32?

Matt300ZXT
02-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Is there a page or thread somewhere where people give information on using other Nissan turbos on the Z32? I know Z1 sells turbos that are essentially what go on S15s in kits setup specifically for the Z32 but was just wanting more information on people who have put SR or RB turbos on their Z32. I tried searching but couldn't really think of a way to word it and didn't really get any info through a search.

Chronox2
02-17-2013, 10:25 AM
The Z community is not well oriented with turbos as they claim to be, remember you don't have z32 drifting or being abuse like other cars. Most users depend on a company to do a turbo kit solution so there is not much information on slamming other turbos and fabricating your own brackets. The Z1 gt600 are not s15 turbos, they are s14 BB, each turbo come with all bracket, lines, adjustable actuators a plug and play solution, only thing you will need is 5 bolt downpipes.

So each turbo comes to a price of $1200 each, not bad when you look for a GT2560r priced at 800-900 but this is not the S15R version of the turbo, is an inferior version and with prices of the s15 turbos on the 240sx community going down to almost $640 you think! Wow they are making a 75% profit or more! Since is a S14 turbo.

In order to make this turbo work on the VG30DE you need to rotate the inlet compressor housing, and make the oil return to face down, make a bracket for the actuators (Both) and send your inlet pipe to be cut and rewelded to the direction of the new turbo, get new lines and down pipes. If you can get x2 Gt2560R for 640 each then you just need to invest probably like 500 more to get all lines and brackets.
This is some one selling the gt600 kit, just look and compare the turbos to the S15 and look at the brackets and rotated chra.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/300zx-gt600r-kit-aka-gt28r-turbo-kit-for-sale-1000miles-only-cheap-t428945.html
LINES
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/3000GT-96/turbokits.jpg

JeeBus
04-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Rb turbos have been done by 2 members on tt.net, too much effort for the gain.

There are a few Z's running s14/s15 turbos that were modified for the vg, "highpsi(norcal)" on tt.net is one of the few, but there aren't many pictures.

Look on specialty Z's blog for more info and details to eli's (highpsi) car.