PDA

View Full Version : What interest am I looking at for my FICO? (New car)

HIGHFIVEBETA
02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
So i'm looking at buying a car this weekend. It's a loaded 2009 Maxima with 38k miles for $17k.

My FICO is 631 and am looking at puting $4,000 cash down.

What were your experiences? What exactly IS an acceptable interest rate? (Gurus please halp!) I want to know what im going to be looking at this weekend. I know my score is not perfect but still acceptable.

Any help would be appreciated :snoop:

K_style
02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
So i'm looking at buying a car this weekend. It's a loaded 2009 Maxima with 38k miles for $17k.

My FICO is 631 and am looking at puting $4,000 cash down.

What were your experiences? What exactly IS an acceptable interest rate? (Gurus please halp!) I want to know what im going to be looking at this weekend. I know my score is not perfect but still acceptable.

Any help would be appreciated :snoop:

Depends who your lender is but I'd say 7%~8%. But again, score isn't the only thing they look for.

If you have some bad history, that will change the game much.

I would shop for loan first. Credit union usually have better rate than Banks.
Online banks will get you much better rate if you don't mind incontinence you might have since there is no physical bank branch.

FYI Seems national Auto loan rates been going down for past several month.

gvulakh
02-06-2013, 08:00 PM
There are so many variables with all things credit...especially your score. Just to start, there are 3 different bureaus and 3 different scores that can differ by 100 points...or more.

I won't bore you with more stupid shit...
My guess is you'll be around 10% and land in the mid $200's for 60 months...depends on a shit ton of variables.

(more boring shit)
I have seen first time car buyers(with a score like yours)get hit at 21%(PA state max)...VARIABLES!!

Or a 678 score with a couple small nicks get deep in the single digits...variables.

Good luck...PM me if you have any detailed questions...

roboticnissan
02-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Also your fico is highly inflated. Get your trans union, experian, fair issac report numbers. Theyll be much lower and more realistic