PDA

View Full Version : Stealth-Custom-Fab Strut bar wont fit?

Cold Cut
02-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Hey folks, my Stealth-Custom-Fab strut bar came in. It wont fit.

Take a look:

Im going to test fit it on a buddy's car, and then test fit his sway bar soon. Either Im not installing it correctly, or S-C-F sent me a defective car part. Either way, we'll find out.

badbob2121
02-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Strange... I have all of Stealth Custom Fab's braces and they all fit 100% perfect.

The owner is a member on here, Jonnie Fraz

They have always given me great customer service... Have you contacted them? (you should have tried before posting this thread)

shiftdrift
02-05-2013, 09:28 AM
either it got cut a little long, or your car has been in a front impact and wasn't repaired properly.

Cold Cut
02-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Strange... I have all of Stealth Custom Fab's braces and they all fit 100% perfect.

The owner is a member on here, Jonnie Fraz

They have always given me great customer service... Have you contacted them? (you should have tried before posting this thread)

I sent Jon an email Saturday, but haven't gotten a response yet:

"Hey Jon, I tried to install the s13 strut bar, but it doesn't fit. It
could be a S14 strut bar, IDK. How to I go about returning it?"

After research I learned that the s14 and s13 front strut bars are interchangeable, Forgive me.

Cold Cut
02-05-2013, 09:43 AM
either it got cut a little long, or your car has been in a front impact and wasn't repaired properly.

You could be right. That'll be another factor when my buddy and I swap bars for comparison.

e5s4y
02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
maybe try jacking the front end up by the crossmember? i dunno if the chassis flex could be that bad. I just installed mine while it was on jack stands and it went right on

dudermagee
02-05-2013, 10:36 AM
maybe try jacking the front end up by the crossmember? i dunno if the chassis flex could be that bad. I just installed mine while it was on jack stands and it went right on

supposed to install while on a flat\level surface....

e5s4y
02-05-2013, 11:40 AM
supposed to install while on a flat\level surface....

I had jack stands on the frame rails, so I'd imagine its the same thing. Even if I didn't tho, the holes for the studs to go thru are slotted, so there's a pretty good amount of room for error. If this guys is off, I'd imagine some front end damage

kewilso3
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Try: Get the car on jackstands, drop the struts so the tophat studs go below the tower, place the brace, raise the strut/studs through the brace. The angle that they're at can be enough so that you can't slip one side on and then the other like you're trying

xpertsnowcarver
02-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Yea thats odd. Jon uses a jig to hold everything together the same way every time. Ive used both his strut bar with BMC stopper and fender braces.

sarhd
02-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Is it hitting the top of the intake manifold? Because when these were made they were specific for ka/sr only

Cold Cut
02-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks for all of your helpful replies. Haven't had a chance to swap strut bars just yet, so no conclusion.

If the problem is indeed my frame, then look out for a nice strut bar in the for sale section.

Cold Cut
02-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Is it hitting the top of the intake manifold? Because when these were made they were specific for ka/sr only

It looks like it clears the manifold with no conflict.

Jonnie Fraz
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Just to let you guys know Cold cut sent the bar back to me for a full refund. The one problem with solid strut tower bars is that if your car is not factory spec, then my bar will not fit.
Thank you guys for sticking up for me and my products. If my customers are not happy I am not happy.

codyace
03-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Just to let you guys know Cold cut sent the bar back to me for a full refund. The one problem with solid strut tower bars is that if your car is not factory spec, then my bar will not fit.
Thank you guys for sticking up for me and my products. If my customers are not happy I am not happy.

This should serve as a perfect example of how ALL Zilvia fabricators and vendors should behave! Excellent stuff!

For the sake of adding to the thread, I have all of Jonnies/Stealth-Custom-Fab's products on my personal s14 and they have fit perfectly, and worked great, even after hundreds of track miles on them so far. IMO there isn't any reason to use any other product!