PDA

View Full Version : s14 ka24de weird idle and hesitation

misterdumby
01-28-2013, 11:34 PM
I have a 95 s14 with a stock ka and it just started acting weird...
The car will idle fine but stumble every now and then like its missing, and under acceleration it will bog down almost to the point to where it dies. Like for example I was driving home from work the other day and slowed down into 2nd gear, gave it some gas and the car bogged down a couple times before it picked up and decided to go. Same thing happened when I was stopped at a traffic light, had to feather the gas so it would get past the hesitation so I could accelerate. I've replace the maf, fuel filter and fuel pump and it hasn't changed. Also I checked the spark plugs, and injectors which all seem to be working fine. It seems to do it more once the car reaches operating temp.

Has anyone else had this problem?
My next guess is iacv, coolant temp sensor, tps, or 02... but I'd like to narrow it down if possible
:confused:

rcdad123
01-29-2013, 12:21 AM
try the coolant temp sensor first.

Newsboys
01-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I have the same exact problem on my 95. I did a full tune up cuz it needed one anyway, car ran mint for a week and the problem came back. I did replace the coolant temp sensor cuz there was coolant seeping through the sensor but that didnt fix it. I hooked up my scan tool and checked data stream maf n tps r reading fine. So yea, im in the same boat as you trying to narrow it down. Im going to mess around with the egr system this weekend ill give u update if something comes up.

misterdumby
02-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Got around to pulling the codes from the ecu today and came up with:
12-maf
34-knock sensor
41-ait sensor
82-crank position sensor
84-auto trans communication lines
103-neutral switch

I've already changed the maf and ait sensor before checking the codes but it didn't fix the problem... I guess now I have to narrow it down between the rest of them

rcdad123
02-06-2013, 07:41 PM
clear the codes and drive the car until cel comes on. check codes right away and see which ones are still on. some of the codes pop up after a while, that is why you need to reset it first.

misterdumby
02-11-2013, 09:25 PM
cleared the codes and the only one to come back was the
84-auto trans communication lines
:confused: