PDA

View Full Version : S13 subframe bushing replacement issues

M3Too
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
:bash: So i've attempted to do my due diligence by conducting google and other searches in regards to S13 subframe bushings but have come up with non satisfying answers or not at all.

I recently purchased the Energy Suspension 7.1117R subframe bushings. I was told it would work for the S13 subframe. What I don't like is when I press the top part into the old cup, and then place the bottom portion from below, there is a 1 inch gap in between the bushings.

I feel that it isn't right. that the bushings should meet up. So now I'm wondering whether or not that basically those bushings just won't work, or the gap is typical and I'm okay. I don't have any pictures of what I'm talking about because I completely forgot to take them.

Although I did not purchase my bushings from here SpeedZone Motorsports :: *SR20 DET RWD (S13/S14/S15) :: DRIVETRAIN :: Drivetrain Accessories :: Energy Suspension Subframe Pineapple Bushing : S13/14 1989-98 240SX (http://www.speedzonemotorsports.com/product.php?productid=7037) they do pretty much say the same thing. That these bushings will fit and work with the S13 subframe.

So what I'm basically asking is: Is the gap considered normal, or am I going to have to spend money on getting OEM replacement or Solid Bushings?

Again my apologies if this topic has been beaten to death, I tried to search for the topic but kept getting error on the pages.

Thanks for any help.

I also won't mind being directed to the correct bushings if these bushings don't work.

M3Too
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
of course once I submit this question I find a video..

How to Install New Subframe Bushings (240sx) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S-YA8mAfz8o#)!

i'm sorry for wasting anyone's time.

Mikester
01-25-2013, 09:55 PM
When you raise the subframe back up, you need to line everything up perfectly... Being greased and urethane, they will try to walk out on you on the way up. Raise them slowly, adjust as necessary- easy peasy. Good vid!