PDA

View Full Version : white tire letting pen idea

AlligatorBling
04-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Anyone ever thought about lettering in the letters on there tires with those white lettering pens? Im sure im gonna get flamed by many... but this idea kinda appeals to me... just wondering what others thought...

TheSnail
04-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Wow, I guess its cool, I think that belongs on a old school musle car. But If you like that look, go for it , There will probably be other people in a few months imatating you, just make sure you out line a good brand, and not Futura or something, may be dunlop.

THX1138
04-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Don't know if it still exists, but several years ago I saw an ad for a kit that let you do foil applique to tire sidewalls. It was available in several colors. I think Folia Tec made it, but I can't remember. I wouldn't do it myself, I just think it looks kinda silly except on race tires.

TheSnail
04-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Im really thinking of getting some Weld drag lights(for weekend street racing), like 15x12's with big ass miky tompsons on the rear (sticking a good couple of " from the fender), I would drive that shit on the street, but I would have to run low 11's not to look stupid. What I said will probably be a roast, but I think that would be bad ass, to have this silvia sitting there baraly idling having stang owners saying " shit, thats a two liter?"

AlligatorBling
04-03-2004, 07:43 PM
I have a set of Sumitomos on the stock rims.... i think ima go ahead and pick up a lettering pen from somewhere and do the letters white....

mixxamike
04-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Futura's own! the best autox tire ever!

...heh

TheSnail
04-04-2004, 01:18 AM
They are the best, I have to admit.

Chernobyl
04-04-2004, 03:19 AM
raised white letters eh? I kinda like the look myself. A local Jetta guy has the AZENIS on his, well, azenis, painted yellow and it looks kinda cool.

You definitely need some nice tires to show them off though, otherwise it just looks stupid.

I say give it a shot. If you dont like it, its rubber, so you can just sand the paint off.