PDA

View Full Version : Have you had eny experiences with these tires? (This might be moved to chat)

ONYX S-13
04-01-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm looking to get some new tires..I want something that has at least a 280 tread rating ( How fast the tread lasts)..I saw Kumhos ecsta supra 712 and I really liked 'em ( http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Kumho&tiremodel=Ecsta+Supra+712 )...I called some tire places and some had them and some didn't..But at Big O tire the guy asked me if i ever tried Yokohama's and i said no.I hung up and looked up some yoko's and i cam across the ES100 model ( http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Yokohama&tiremodel=AVS+ES100 )....They have better specs according to that link but the only problem i found with them is that they don't last as long as the Kumho's...The yokos were a cheaper tire and that made me all warm and fuzzy inside especially after comparing the two..I was wondering if anyone has ever had either (or both) Yoko ES100 or the Kumho's and how would you compare the two with your esperience..? (I'm leaning really hard towards the yoko's)..Thanks everyone.:wavey:

russian
04-01-2004, 06:36 PM
whoa! 120 for 225/45/17, thats 30 bucks more than everywhere esle.

Var
04-01-2004, 06:51 PM
I got both tires on my S13 right now. Yoko in the front, Kumho in the rear. The Es100's are stickier and not as noisy. Overall a way better tire.

The tires i got on my ae86 have a 280 tread rating. They are Toyo Proxes T1-S. Supposedly they are better than Es100's in the dry and a whole buttload better in the wet.

I'd go with the ES100. good tire for your money. Most people are happy with them. Drifters use them cause they are consistent when you are burning rubber.

THX1138
04-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah, this could/should be in Chat.

Anyway, the Yoko AVS ES100 is an excellent tire, especially for the price. I'm on my second set now, and don't have any complaints. It turns in quickly, has very good grip in both wet and dry, and is pretty quiet for a performance tire. I had a set of Yoko A520s (which the ES100 replaced) a few years ago; they had slightly quicker turn-in, but were L-O-U-D loud at anything over 50 mph, even on brand-new smooth-as-glass pavement.

Look around, you should be able to find it for a good bit less than 1010's price. My current set of 205-55-16 was less than $450 out the door with lifetime repair and rebalancing warranty from Discount Tire. You'd be $100 or so more at 1010.

ONYX S-13
04-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Thanks ..I'm not plannin on buying them from 1010..I was just comparing their specs on that site last.....I was gonna go to American tire co..They sell the Yoko's there for 77 bucks(Which is the cost of everything and all these warrenties included)..It sounds like the best deal to me..The price at goodyear was 65 bucks each but that was without anything (mounting or any warrenties), plus the guy at ATC said he'll beat anyones price..Si i think I'm gonna swing by there after work today and pick em' up.