PDA

View Full Version : sr20 trans good for me ?

menace17
01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
I know, I know... newb asking a question that has be asked more times than our nations debt. I have searched google, and this forum and found lots of good info about the sr/ka trans. however i have also read lots of diff opinions and i just want a straight forward answer to my very simple question.

I want to make around 350ish whp for now. I just want to make sure the trans can handle this with a spirited driver. the car is not necessarily a dd or a weekend car. just something id like to drive on nice days and/or my days off. I have read that the sr/ka tops at about 400hp, but, have also read that they are wineglass transmission and could just go out when they please depending on abuse. When i say spirited i mean slamming and ripping gears since majority of my work drive is high way and no one is out at 3:00 am, I'd probably test the car hard.

I just want to know, with a good clutch and flywheel, spirited driving for fun, and 350whp will it handle it and be safe... ish

Thanks.

fliprayzin240sx
01-16-2013, 02:00 PM
It should be okay for what you're doing. For that HP, even most clutch kickers and draggers doesnt have issues.

menace17
01-16-2013, 02:20 PM
After everything i had read i had the feeling it would be ok, but i just wanted to check it out and get a few opinions about it first.
Thanks

2_Liter_Turbo
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
It'll be fine. I made 342whp/334wtq on a stock tranny for a long time. Many 7k rpm launches on drag slicks, and never had an issue.