PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Questions about the law

StickyxG
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Hey guys! i have questions for you.
So i was in the city of Carson last night, and i got pulled over.
The sheriff made me pop my hood, checked to see if i had my cat.. etc.
Got me down for Modified exhaust and 2 Passengers below the age of 20.
I'm 16 and i have my provisional's license! He gave me a ticket which told me when to go to court.. Does anyone know what is going to happen to me? :wtc:

Also, i live in the State of California.

Please be serious guys!

Miguelone
01-14-2013, 12:25 AM
http://chanarchive.org/content/50_b/277438461/1286377239452.jpg

Perches
01-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Were you being an idiot when you got pulled over?
Were you revving and was your exhaust obviously modified?
If he didn't ID or write down the names of the two other people, prove that they were family. (cousins ID's or something?) at least in KY and OH they can be family.
The exhaust ticket should be a fix-it ticket, in which case, bolt up a stock exhaust, go get an inspection saying you have a cat, then take that paper to court and you should be fine.

Akito86
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
It's plane and simple just get it shag off at a shitriff office
Go to court chow down the ticket to that over paid window Lady and pay 25$ and you will be ok.
I know at a Young underage age we just out there smoking pot and having some Hennessy shots from gramps hidden under bed stash you know Just having a Grape time, but there's places to do stuff like that for instance Adams race track in riverside!

uraznfriend
01-14-2013, 03:30 PM
go to court and get a stock exhaust to put on and show that you have corrected the modifed exhaust part of the ticket, or you can choose to pay the fine and not do anything to the car for the rest i dont know

jamg
01-14-2013, 04:01 PM
i had no idea fix-it tickets were ones where you fix your car, go show it to them, and they revoke the ticket till recently.

do that, and at least get rid of that one.

LB 180SX
01-14-2013, 04:12 PM
you have to go with your parents to court for a hearing. more than likely you will get a ticket for that, unless you can pull a good excuse youll be either fined or community service if they give you the option. its not a point on your record or you wont get your liscense suspended unless you fail to appear.. plus whatever you got cited for, in this case your modified exhaust. thats an easy fix, get it back to stock and chp to sign it and your good. happened to me some time back except i got a speeding ticket

StickyxG
01-14-2013, 06:27 PM
I wasn't being an idiot.. just cruising in 5th gear, going speed limit. I didn't rev, i saw an officer follow me so i pulled in a industry area, waited at the stop sign for my friend coming up and he turned in and was behind me, eventually turned lights on and told me to turn off my engine. He was being an asshole, throwing all my paper work back into my window

StickyxG
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, i'm not from that area either but court was assigned in Compton california, anyone have a clue how i can transfer it to my area?

StickyxG
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
What's a good excuse for my 2 underage passengers? Don't know anyone from the carson area. either i find a good excuse, or i say that i need my license for school

downshift_sideways
01-14-2013, 06:36 PM
LOL.

First off the cop pulled you over for a modified exhaust and that gave him enough probable cause to pop your hood? What kind of exhaust do you have?

That ticket is useless. You can fight that in court easily.

The underage passenger shit...well shit I don't know. Maybe a slap on the hands I'd assume.

Just dress nice. Tell the judge some legitimate excuse. The ticket will be minimized. Pay the court fee's. Or just wait for the ticket to come in the mail and pay it at full price.

Don't get a failure to appear. Your ticket will double and a hold will be put on your provisional license.

PowerDrifter
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
i love the compton courthouse. its overpacked. ok wait like 2 weeks before your court date. then go online and do an extension which gives you like 2 more months. then like 2 weeks beofre that extension is done reserve a court date. which should be a couple months away since its over crowded and not many dates available. i got an exhaust ticket last january and barely going to court this febuary

StickyxG
01-14-2013, 07:27 PM
LOL.

First off the cop pulled you over for a modified exhaust and that gave him enough probable cause to pop your hood? What kind of exhaust do you have?

That ticket is useless. You can fight that in court easily.

The underage passenger shit...well shit I don't know. Maybe a slap on the hands I'd assume.

Just dress nice. Tell the judge some legitimate excuse. The ticket will be minimized. Pay the court fee's. Or just wait for the ticket to come in the mail and pay it at full price.

Don't get a failure to appear. Your ticket will double and a hold will be put on your provisional license.

I have a hks exhaust

StickyxG
01-14-2013, 07:28 PM
i love the compton courthouse. its overpacked. ok wait like 2 weeks before your court date. then go online and do an extension which gives you like 2 more months. then like 2 weeks beofre that extension is done reserve a court date. which should be a couple months away since its over crowded and not many dates available. i got an exhaust ticket last january and barely going to court this febuary

ahhh why compton, so far..

SR20PWRALTY
01-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Make sure its a fix-it ticket/correctable citation. If its not correctable its just a fee no need to show you fixed it.

StickyxG
01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Make sure its a fix-it ticket/correctable citation. If its not correctable its just a fee no need to show you fixed it.

yeah its a fix it ticket for the exhaust

Mrpopo
01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Fix it tickets in most states have to be handled in 72 hours. Not sure about Cali though. At 16 it doesn't matter if passengers are family or not.

Bambi
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
ahhh why compton, so far..

LOL that place fucking blows. I recommend you bring a ship anchor for your car. Shit will be gone in minutes. I went there recently to pick something up and got revved at so much, asshole driveres eveywhere, and the short period of time I was parked my car was being watched the whole time. :ugh:

oh and
http://chanarchive.org/content/50_b/277438461/1286377239452.jpg

ayorenz
01-15-2013, 12:04 AM
yeah its a fix it ticket for the exhaust

Thats good, you can prolly just swap it for the stock exhaust. When I got a modified exhaust ticket, it wasnt correctable so I had to pay the full fine. Im surprised that you didnt get your car impounded for the passengers tho, thats what happened to a couple of people i know.

Gizmo_S13
01-15-2013, 12:28 AM
You're probably gonna die.

KevinEdgar
01-15-2013, 09:46 AM
I recommend to just start saving for the fees.

StickyxG
01-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Fix it tickets in most states have to be handled in 72 hours. Not sure about Cali though. At 16 it doesn't matter if passengers are family or not.

not in cali, true about the passengers.. but it makes it sound better if youre just taking your family around

Cnowlin8
01-18-2013, 08:41 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_etROqlIitTxOzKhyQ2Rj9BNZqptCm PNraiCQhfihjVxWkJqy

No curfew ticket this time? Lol