PDA

View Full Version : 95' S14 with inactive fuel pump?

89hatchman
01-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Just did an A/T to M/T swap on it and finding out the fuel pump doesn't work. I have no idea if it worked before since I bought it with a seized engine.

Could something I've done cause the fuel pump to not turn on? I don't remember if the pump ever primed when the key was turned back when it was an A/T

I've read that the CAS could contribute to a fuel pump not turning on...which is bad since I used a tranny from an S13 with no CAS whatsoever

I'm also not getting a gas signal from the sending unit. My gauge is at rock bottom even though I put a few gallons in it.

So, I'm going to diagnose it tomorrow but could something from the AT - MT swap be the cause? That will shorten my list of places to look.

ericm9104
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
check relays, see if pump is getting power... etc etc

jbt_92
01-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Check your fuses if you have not already. If that's good, grab a test light and make sure your getting power to the fuel pump itself. If you are, replace the pump. Auto to Manual swap really shouldn't have anything to do with the fuel pump operating correctly, as I have done a few myself.

89hatchman
01-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Check your fuses if you have not already. If that's good, grab a test light and make sure your getting power to the fuel pump itself. If you are, replace the pump. Auto to Manual swap really shouldn't have anything to do with the fuel pump operating correctly, as I have done a few myself.

alright well thats a relief. Didn't want to have to pull the engine out again to drill a hole for a CAS