PDA

View Full Version : Integra gauge cluster in S13

todd5854
01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
I know someone will put me on blast for even thinking of this.

I thought it would be cool to put the Integra gauge cluster in the S13, I think the cluster looks sweet, more appropriate for the car. Also the grey matches my custom interior.

If you think its stupid then fine, but would it be possible?

I know the s13's use digital speed sensors, and so do the DC series Integras. Any idea if this would be a direct connection? If I get no answers, I might just have to try it myself..

fliprayzin240sx
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Issue you'd have is that the voltage needed by the cluster to work properly will probably be off. Just cuz you can wire it in doesnt mean itll work like intended.

Sir
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Only issue you might have is fuel level gauge. Temp sensor from Integra and maybe Dakota digital box to correct speedo.
Dummy lights are easy to wire up.
Tach is a 4cyl signal for both.

Give it a shot, see how much of it u can get to work. I think you'll.be able to get most of it g working

Akito86
01-14-2013, 05:28 AM
I say try it hey who knows could work gl !

todd5854
01-14-2013, 08:49 AM
I think I'm gonna try it. My only worry is different resistance on the fuel gauge, and the speedo. If I find a cheap cluster, I may have to try it!

Daviticus
01-14-2013, 09:06 AM
As far as the fuel gauge, it may work pretty well. According to the FSM, on an S13 the fuel level sender's readings are as follows:

Full - 4-6 ohms
Half - 30-35 ohms
Empty - 80-84 ohms

And on a Honda [this is for a CRX, but almost all H-cars have the same reading]:

Full - 2 - 5 ohms
1/2 - 25.5 - 39.5 ohms
Empty - 105 - 110 ohms

As far as a temp reading, you could just use a Honda CTS and wire it directly to the cluster.

After that, you'd only have to deal with speedometer PPM [pulses per mile], but a Dakota Digital speedo converter box can handle that easily enough.

todd5854
01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
As far as the fuel gauge, it may work pretty well. According to the FSM, on an S13 the fuel level sender's readings are as follows:

Full - 4-6 ohms
Half - 30-35 ohms
Empty - 80-84 ohms

And on a Honda [this is for a CRX, but almost all H-cars have the same reading]:

Full - 2 - 5 ohms
1/2 - 25.5 - 39.5 ohms
Empty - 105 - 110 ohms

As far as a temp reading, you could just use a Honda CTS and wire it directly to the cluster.

After that, you'd only have to deal with speedometer PPM [pulses per mile], but a Dakota Digital speedo converter box can handle that easily enough.

Those Dakota speed boxes are like $85 ish though, right? :/

This is not that important to me, haha I was looking to spend like $50 for everything.

Sir
01-14-2013, 01:25 PM
I just got one from here for $60. So you can find them for cheaper, search the cl

Daviticus
01-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah, here and eBay are your friends. Just gotta be a bit patient sometimes.

todd5854
01-14-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm surprised someone didn't call me a dumbass for wanting to try this.

I searched and searched, no one has attempted this before. If I actually do it and its not a flop I'll be sure to write it up.

brndck
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm surprised someone didn't call me a dumbass for wanting to try this.

I searched and searched, no one has attempted this before. If I actually do it and its not a flop I'll be sure to write it up.

i'm not against the idea, but i would have rather you already DONE the swap, THEN made the thread.

there are too many threads about "hey can i put xxx into yyy???" that never go anywhere.

i just finished putting a kouki 180sx blacktop into my brothers nissan frontier pickup, and making the frontier cluster work with the sr ecu wiring was time consuming, but it worked out perfectly.

Sir
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
i just finished putting a kouki 180sx blacktop into my brothers nissan frontier pickup, and making the frontier cluster work with the sr ecu wiring was time consuming, but it worked out perfectly.

Nothing in the cluster is ran from ecu except an cel idiot light and they are all just a simple bulb circuit