PDA

View Full Version : S14 Sr20det Water leak

trinijstn
01-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I am new here and don't know much about what is going on with my car. I have searched these forums and have found symptoms close to my problem but not exact.

So i have an s14 sr20det in my s13 when i first installed the motor everything ran fine and everything worked. One day driving my turbo water line started leaking and the car overheated quickly. After limping the car home i replaced my water lines going into the turbo and everything worked fine again. But now i am having another problem, my car is using water like crazy i can not drive the car anywhere without have to put at least a gallon of water in it. My first intention was the heater core had a small leak so i eliminated that. That didn't help so i replaced my water pump and thermostat and that still didn't fix the problem. So now i am stuck. Could it be the headgasket which i doubt because there is absolutely no smoke or steam coming out the exhaust and the car runs fine. Or my other thought could it be the turbo. Because what is happening is that all the water is being pressurized(Highly) and blowing the cap off the reservoir and blowing all over my engine bay and windshield. Can the turbo be leaking boost into the water system?

Mikester
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
If the fluid in your overflow reservoir is boiling, your thermostat is most likely bad. You may have changed it with a bad one; or installed it backwards.

trinijstn
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks Mikester, but this afternoon i actually removed my thermostat because i thought about the same thing and it is still having the same problem i mean it would have no problem when idling but soon as i drive it, it happens.

fliprayzin240sx
01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
It could also be a bad radiator cap...

Mikester
01-12-2013, 09:06 PM
It could also be a bad radiator cap...

OOOH YEAH...

true dat!