PDA

View Full Version : Hide and Seek Rocker Arm Guide Shims

Foolish
01-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Yesterday I removed the lifters to assess the ticking issue I was having, and during reinstallation, one of the rocker arm guides popped off inside the head. I spent about 4 hours total fishing around with a magnetic screwdriver, but nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where they disappeared to, or are they hiding somewhere in a secret hiding place?! Is it time to tear apart the head and fish around in there?!

jr_ss
01-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Most likely in the oil pan

Foolish
01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
I was setting myself up to think that's where it was going, but with extensive searching I pulled it out of a little hole leading there. Thankfully! 24 hours searching for a damn piece of searching for this thing has made me feel like a complete douche.

Mikester
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Dude, the important thing is that you found it. A douche would have just decided it was 'gone," stuck a new one in its place and tried to start the car ;)

Foolish
01-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Almost! Not quite that big of a douche!

Now is there any way to get rid of this thread so it's not clogging up the feed?

Mikester
01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
^^No. These threads don't generally get deleted unless they are absolute horse shit.... They just go to the bottom of the barrel as new threads take their places. One of the whole points of a forum is to archive threads so people can find useful info at a later time.