PDA

View Full Version : s14 radio and sound

libz
01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
hey all ive searched but cant find an answer... :newbie:

I bought the 95' s14 with an old-school pioneer aftermarket deck.. tweeters and front speakers worked... owner told me rear speakers did not work because of stock amp...i bought a new pioneer deck with a new wire harness because the old one did not fit. after installing everything, no sound came out of any speakers?? do i need to do an amp bypass in order to get sound at all? ive searched on how to do an amp bypass but only found one write up from long ago. i have upgraded front speakers and i am in the midst of putting a sub/amp in but do not want to run into problems after everything is perfectly set-up and assembled.

fliprayzin240sx
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM
If the amp is dead, you'd have to bypass it. This is the most dummy proof guide out there...
(http://www.s-chassis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37453)

libz
01-08-2013, 08:46 PM
It's not the rear speakers I'm worried about. I'm probably going to the leave the rear speakers out so the sub can push some air into the cabin. I just want to get the fronts working agian. There is a wire thats coming off one of the wiring harnesses that says "factory amplifier"

Would I just have to connect that wire to the wire that powers either of the amplifiers in the back so I can get sound back to my front speakers?

jr_ss
01-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Bypass your amp and everything should work again...

Mikester
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Yup...

Run all new, better quality wire from the new deck directly to the speakers. Also, you may consider adding some deadener if you really want it to sound good.