PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Police Scanners

nissantuner22
03-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Soooo anyone have a police scanner in your car? anything like a Uniden Beartracker? They seem really really cool. I was watching that gumball rally vid, and they all seem to have police scanners in thier cars. extremely entertaining to say the least. :hitit:

soooooo anyone have one in your car? whats it like? :confused:

crioten
03-29-2004, 04:41 PM
why would you really need one? a regular radar detector works just fine...and hell, i dont even have one of those...

dont do stupid shit in your car
it will save you a lot of time/money in the long run

nissantuner22
03-29-2004, 04:50 PM
I drive my car typically 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week for my job. I would like to know whats going on in my area, possible speed traps, areas i should avoid due to collisions, anything that can make my life a little easier.

not to mention, how cool it would be to hear cops talking.

so, as stated earlier, anyone have any expierence with police scanners in your car?

sub9lulu
03-29-2004, 06:23 PM
u know who got one of those ?
i never seen one

hey i m in melbourne too

nissantuner22
03-29-2004, 07:03 PM
rock on, im pimpin a maroon coupe with wierd looking 16 inch rims and no interior!

ive never seen anyone in real life with them, but check out ebay, they have a couple. what kinda car u got sub?

ONYX S-13
03-29-2004, 08:00 PM
I drive my car typically 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week for my job. I would like to know whats going on in my area, possible speed traps, areas i should avoid due to collisions, anything that can make my life a little easier.

not to mention, how cool it would be to hear cops talking.

so, as stated earlier, anyone have any expierence with police scanners in your car?

My car had one but i got it out of there.(Didn't work anyways)

nissantuner22
03-29-2004, 08:13 PM
what type of scanner was it, what model, why do u say it didnt work? ive been thinking about buying a uniden beartracker BC785D,

http://www.bearcatscanner.com/default.tpl?action=full&cart=108061705897592&--eqskudatarq=BC785D

what do you guys think.

ONYX S-13
03-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Dunno, dunno,cause it didn't turn on and there were wires everywhere...I just cut all the excess wires and threw the scanner thing away..

FastBack 240
03-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Dont have one in the car but I have one in my house. My grandfather was an ex cop and he had one so my dad got and it is very intresting. You can hear all the busts and accidents so on so on in you area.

mbmbmb23
03-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Scanners are pretty cool...you can program in all kinds of channels (EMT, Police, Fire Department, etc.). To make it interesting, you'll need to get a printed list of local channels...and you'll need to learn the calls "We've got a TWO ELEVEN in progress, CODE SIXTY FOUR"....blah blah.

-m

airsoft
03-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Buy a HAM radio, and get the license, on the older modles i forget which, im sure the newer ones too, u can just resauter... sodder the burning thing crap, something in it, or a chip i believe, and u can tune into it... fun stuff

nissantuner22
03-30-2004, 07:36 AM
i got all the local channels thanks to a group of guys who devote a lot of thier time to it. I think it would be a cool investment.

Andrew Bohan
03-30-2004, 09:42 AM
i wish i had one, cuz i live in the hood and shit's always goin down here. like the time 26 police cars were chasing a u-haul. or the time the police helicopter was circling the elementary school for 3 hours. i never find out what was goin on

AutoDestruct
03-30-2004, 12:26 PM
I have a bearcat with the little red light emergency alert thing on it. Any time a statey gets within a mile or two it goes off. I also can get everybody in like a half mile radiuses 900mhz coordless phone conversations. Plus airplane traffic at the airport. If you guys have people that use radio phones you will get that to. You will definetly need a channel list and the codes. Most real Police conversations are "trunicated" so they hop channels and a lot of times they are scrambled. I also heard of the chip mod, but have yet to do it. It's only a reciever though, you a CB radio and FRS radio if you want to make good use of this info to help out your "boys" nod nod wink wink :). Good hunting.

nissantuner22
03-30-2004, 06:19 PM
ya they call that trunking. the one scanner i have in mind has the newest version of it, so you dont lose the conversations when they quickly switch frequencies.

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
03-31-2004, 12:45 AM
arent scanner illegal?