PDA

View Full Version : S14 with no dash lights, radio or gauges. Help please!!

TheDiggler
01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum and pretty new with these cars.

I have a 1994 JDM S14 and I have no dash lights, all gauges read nothing and no radio. It has auto hvac which is still lighting up and the headlights work. When I was driving everything just turned off and then came back on shortly after. Did this a few times on my way home and now when I start my car the gauges kinda jump from reading nothing but normally dont stay reading anything. Has anybody else had a similar problem as this? possible causes? I have tried searching but all I can find is for no cluster lights not nothing working in the cluster or radio.

Thanks for any help!

fliprayzin240sx
01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
You popped a fuse...kicker is, you'll replace that fuse and itll probably pop again. Something behind dash, that powers the cluster gets grounded out somewhere and will constantly pop your fuse. My first S14 did this 6-7 yrs ago.

TheDiggler
01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
do you remember where the fuse was? I checked under the Hood by the battery and the drivers side lower kick panel, all fuses seem to be OK. Problem is I can't read the fuse map so I'm not sure if I was looking in the right place.

fliprayzin240sx
01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Its inside the kick panel. IIRC, when you're dash light goes out, your tailights are out too. Just pull every fuse and visually check them. It'll be pretty hard to tell you which one exactly since you're fuse panel will be in Japanese. Just check all of them. Once you figure out which fuse it is, get a multimeter and check for a ground continuity since I bet you that its grounding out.