View Full Version : 180sx kouki position lights

Jersthecool
01-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Right now in my car I have the position lights installed in my bumper however I don't have the pigtail to connect any bulbs and I'm looking to wire up some leds. Does anyone know if the ones off the side markers on the fenders would work if I cut those off and wired them up? I can't check my car as it's away in storage for the winter but my memory the bulb sizes seem like they would be the same. Can anyone verify this or as to how they did it if they went a different route without trying to source oem ones and spending a fortune?

These are the position lights I'm talking about if anyone is wondering.

http://www.nicoclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/position.jpg

zooopreme
01-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Honestly, did you search at all?

First off, the lights that you posted up are DMAX dual filament. Those would plug right into the USDM pigtail or would have to be wired up using the USDM wires.

OEM position lights can be wired by using google.

Jersthecool
01-08-2013, 05:26 PM
I should have stated but I forgot I do have oem single bulb lights not the dual ones I simply just got a picture of the lights I was talking about so no one got them confused. I'm not wondering about the wiring that's simple enough, I'm wondering if the part that the bulb sits in from a sidemarker light will physically twist/screw into these lights.

240SilviaX
01-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I pulled the rear marker light sockets off a 90-93 Q45 and they fit right in with 194/T10 leds in kouki light socket (im sure other nissan/infiniti have them but I needed stuff of a Q).. as for wiring them up I used the oem turn/marker socket/plug pigtail, cut the light socket off and wired up the kouki marker to the running light and the other (blinker) to the JDM blinkers.. simple

the oem 240 side marker sockets are different from side to side, only one will work in the kouki lights. the ones on the Q are forsure the same

Jersthecool
01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Okay perfect exactly what I needed to know, thanks. Yeah now that I think about it I remember one of the sides kinda goes in at an angle and is shaped different I think. Thanks again.