PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Swap worth doing?

supremecippy
01-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Okay, so right now i own a 94 firebird, but i really want to get a S14 and do a SR20 swap. The thing i want to know is it worth doing, what do i need to do it, how much will it cost, is there anything i should look outy for when buying a S14 and where should i buy the motor? Right now i figure im going to need the following.
sr20det
custom ac mounts
intercooler and pipeing
radiator and pipeing
modified wire harness
clutch
maybe new engine mounts

1990 sr hatch
01-04-2013, 10:05 PM
JDM TechMotors JDM Engines JDM Motors JDM Swaps (http://www.jdmtechmotors.com/). bought my sr from there runs like a charm. there are pros and cons for sure though, wiring harness was hacked up, was missin a coolant neck. other than that i love it. you wont need custom ac mounts. my sr came with ps pump, and ac condenser. i bought a cx racing fmic, cx racing radiator, megan motor mounts, wiring specialties upper and lower harness, radiator hoses from any autoparts store 9"x1.5 and 17"x1.5 i believe. i never bought a clutch kit, honestly i wish i did just cause its allot easier when its all out but i didnt for some uknown reason lol. jdm tech inc. 2213 forsyth road,unit 2f orlando fl 32807 tel 407-774-8324. it cost me 2k for my blacktop sr. Wesley Tin should be working front desk.

jamg
01-04-2013, 10:06 PM
the "worth" of doing a swap is only answered within yourself.

it's YOUR car. you do what you want with it.

If you slowly piece together everything, it should run roughly 3k, if you get good deals on everything.

that's how much it cost me to get a 350ish whp SR into my S13. I have a lot of quality parts that i found good deals for.

RUKUSmag
01-04-2013, 10:27 PM
the "worth" of doing a swap is only answered within yourself.

it's YOUR car. you do what you want with it.

If you slowly piece together everything, it should run roughly 3k, if you get good deals on everything.

that's how much it cost me to get a 350ish whp SR into my S13. I have a lot of quality parts that i found good deals for.

350 whp for 3k, WOW, I would love to know what you put into your s13 to produce that. I'm building one now an in the process of getting an sr soon. Looking at clutches now. Can you pm me details? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Sorry for hijacking the post.

brndck
01-04-2013, 10:39 PM
wow. allow me to make a suggestion or two.
1. make your own decisions
2. don't make any more threads until you've spend at least 6 months just lurking. read through existing threads, find out what you like and don't like, then make your own informed decisions.
3. the search button is your new best friend.

jamg
01-04-2013, 10:44 PM
350 whp for 3k, WOW, I would love to know what you put into your s13 to produce that. I'm building one now an in the process of getting an sr soon. Looking at clutches now. Can you pm me details? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Sorry for hijacking the post.

well it's going into my stock KA s13.

so I have a KA to sell.

i bought a very low mileage longblock that was rebuilt 15k ish miles ago.

built head
OEM bottom
stage 4 CC clutch
ACT lightweight flywheel. all that was for $800ish

then i proceeded to buy everything else i needed in good deal.

like really good deals. i scoured everything, and found some.

nothing to it put to piece together the stuff, enthalpy tune, and bam- 350whp on a 2871 turbo.