PDA

View Full Version : S13 5 speed into an S14?

89hatchman
12-31-2012, 01:33 AM
So I have an S13 parts car (with a KA24DE) and may be picking up a '96 S14 soon.

My question is if the majority or all of the tranny parts will work.

I've heard that the tranny cross member should bolt right up, tranny should bolt up no prob.

Will the clutch hardlines fit? Will it need some bending? I've heard the auto and manual drive shafts are different, will a 13 driveshaft fit on a 14?

Being a 96 (OBD2 right?) can I use the 13 manual ecu? Are the plugs the same?

Sorry for all the questions, this S14 will pretty much be frankenstein's monster. Engine from a 95, tranny from who knows where, 96 chassis, parts car has a J30 abs diff and solid 1 piece drive shaft.

Lvnismo
12-31-2012, 01:37 AM
I heard the tranny is the same from single to a dual just the housin kit.

AutechKouki
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Manual crossmember is the same. Driveshafts are different. Clutch pedal is different, line won't work (buy a steel braided), tranny is different since s14 has a crankshaft position sensor on the bellhousing. S13 ecu does not work with any s14, plugs are different. Vss is also different. Flywheel and clutch is the same. Masters and slaves are the same.

89hatchman
12-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Manual crossmember is the same. Driveshafts are different. Clutch pedal is different, line won't work (buy a steel braided), tranny is different since s14 has a crankshaft position sensor on the bellhousing. S13 ecu does not work with any s14, plugs are different. Vss is also different. Flywheel and clutch is the same. Masters and slaves are the same.

the clutch pedal just straight up won't fit? at all? You can't make it fit? Can I use the auto tranny bell housing on an S13 manual tranny? What if I were to use the upper harness from the S13 and run the S13 ECU, would the dash harness plug into the ecu?

babyjesus
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
you can make the pedal fit, you make spacers for the rear..though that might be sketchy. s13 tranny will work, you could drill a hole for the CAS to fit (i've never tried, but i've heard it works.) you could use the s14 auto ecu and harness then wire in the reverse light and other tranny stuff. you'll need to switch out the s13 speed sensor on the tranny for a 14 one...all other stuff said here is true...search a little and you'll find tons of stuff on the subject.