PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Scion, they gonna get popular, u think?

deedeedum
03-28-2004, 10:17 AM
i persoanlly don't like them Toyota Scion whatsoever. but they seem like the cars people love to modify in Japan. Do you guys think that people in the US are gonna stay modifying this car? It seems like they have a lot of bodykits and such on ebay already.

Ghettokracker71
03-28-2004, 10:19 AM
The scion TC I think it is? The scion replacement for the celica is pretty cool but I can't stand all the other ones....IIRC All scions are rebodied echos :(

boro240
03-28-2004, 10:43 AM
i like the bB (xB).

deedeedum
03-28-2004, 11:34 AM
xA looks like a matrix.

xB looks kinda cool, cuz it's got that "Japanese" look (like all the k cars you see in japan)

TC is very sporty looking, looks also kind of like an accord

aren't they really popular in japan or not?

KiDyNomiTe
03-28-2004, 12:05 PM
bB is hotness with the right stuff on it :).

And they are sooo roomy, looks like they would be kinda cramped, but so much room. The whole point of them is its cheap, roomy, new style, and the dealer aftermarket parts.

DRFT
03-28-2004, 12:10 PM
The bB is hot but not the Xa, i tihnk the X a is kidna ghey

but yea they are pretty popular, but aernt they a california only car?

dont remember, heard this from somewhere

WilloW
03-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Three people in my neighborhood got those square one, so I think they're pretty popular.

JtWo
03-28-2004, 01:20 PM
They look like shoe boxes but i like em

deedeedum
03-28-2004, 01:34 PM
i think xA is called IST right? it's got a turbo in japan. xA is okay looking.

pics of xB: http://scion.jbcarpages.com/xB/2004/index4.php

drift freaq
03-28-2004, 01:35 PM
the whole point of the scion was to try and get a piece of the youth i.e. young adult market that toyota has been missing out on in the U.S.. California is the test market, if it goes well here they will market them all over the U.S. .Basically the Scion came about, because Toyota did a demographic research of their customer base and discovered that the majority of Toyota/Lexus customers were in their 40's thru 50's . I.E. Toyota's are somewhat boring luxury type affordable cars suited well to families with kids. Lexus's are upper tier luxury cars with a touch of sport that appeal to people that in the past would have looked only at BMW's and Benz's and have more disposable income . i.e. the successful upper middle class american families.
Results, no interest from the 20 somethings and 30 somethings. That was all going to , Honda and to a lesser extent Nissan, Suburu and Mazda.
No engine mods were planned for the Scions, its pretty much ricer mods. Toyota wants to appeal to the ricer generation that went crazy with Honda's. Sad but true the marketing appears to be working, as I am seeing more of these funny little rolling box's and matrix like odd machines rolling around.
Of course , hell if I was even going to consider something ugly along those lines I would just as soon look at the Prius or the Honda hybrid. Looks are close to the same and get ten times better gas mileage and are completely clean burning.

DuffMan
03-28-2004, 02:08 PM
They are trying to get a piece of the youth market, but I dunno. The matrix came out and I've seen mostly middle age men and women driving them. More like the "recapture your youth" market.

deedeedum
03-28-2004, 02:37 PM
They are trying to get a piece of the youth market, but I dunno. The matrix came out and I've seen mostly middle age men and women driving them. More like the "recapture your youth" market.

yea, young ppl don't get the matrix, mostly middle age ppl do. they need to come out with something cheap, sporty looking, and 2 door to capture the youth market.

matlock
03-28-2004, 03:23 PM
A guy on the forums has a Scion, and I guess he likes it, it is quite slow from what it sounds like, but looks cool. I think they look alright, but whatever not really my cup of tea.

brianglawson
03-28-2004, 06:11 PM
yea, young ppl don't get the matrix, mostly middle age ppl do. they need to come out with something cheap, sporty looking, and 2 door to capture the youth market.

dont forget rwd and turbo...hahahahaha

OptionZero
03-28-2004, 08:52 PM
make a new Hachi Roku with a RWD version of the Celica GT-S engine or the JDM 2.0L Altezza engine...base it on the altezza/IS platform...

20k-ish and cheap rwd w/ 4liter making 160-200hp and own everything!

never happen, it would be too good

Ghettokracker71
03-28-2004, 08:59 PM
make a new Hachi Roku with a RWD version of the Celica GT-S engine or the JDM 2.0L Altezza engine...base it on the altezza/IS platform...

20k-ish and cheap rwd w/ 4liter making 160-200hp and own everything!

never happen, it would be too good
:hitit:Wow I'd buy that in a heartbeat....so long as the REAL name is Hachi Roku not corolla

OptionZero
03-28-2004, 09:01 PM
It wouldn't be called Hachi Roku:

- This is america...we love our alpha numeric shit and its toooo japanesey, despite the initial D crazy

- It's not a Hachi Roku because the chassis wouldn't be called the ae86

And you'd be stupid not to buy a sub 20k car with 160-200hp and rwd because of its NAME.

Oh yeah, a sub 2700lb curb weight would be nice =P

Ghettokracker71
03-28-2004, 09:11 PM
It wouldn't be called Hachi Roku:

- This is america...we love our alpha numeric shit and its toooo japanesey, despite the initial D crazy

- It's not a Hachi Roku because the chassis wouldn't be called the ae86

And you'd be stupid not to buy a sub 20k car with 160-200hp and rwd because of its NAME.

Oh yeah, a sub 2700lb curb weight would be nice =P
lol I realize how I said that ment if it wasn't named...:doh: I'd buy it even if it was named "shitbox special" if it was good/I liked it.

mk20116
03-28-2004, 09:13 PM
i saw an xb with spinners, that was funny. but not as bad as the acura integra with the "custom" hub cap spinners...

try this....
http://www.customautotrim.com/wheelcov/page_14-01.html

btw..they are slow...at least the xb version. it's roomy and cheap. kinda feels like a van of some sort. probably will be popular, marketed by toyota and cheap.

chokudoriS13
03-29-2004, 05:20 AM
Scion will be nationwide by June. Right now, they are in California and the East/Southeast

As of February 3rd 2004, 502 Toyota dealers have opted to represent Scion. For those of you who don't reside in the wave 3 Scion launch states, please reference the following link and rollover the dates to see when Scion will be available in your area.

For those of you in California, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine you may reference the following link to locate your nearest dealer

I think I'm going to get an xB for my daily driver. If I do, its going to look just like this (same wheels, but wider) and will be Camo Green.

http://www.youatemybreakfast.com/images/misc/work%20Scion%20XB.jpg