PDA

View Full Version : frame rail measurements

ShadowMan
12-28-2012, 02:05 PM
You can look at my build to see exactly what I'm up to, but I'm looking for the measurement between the frame rails on my 1990 hatch. Before I cut into everything I measured as many different distances as I could, I just want to make sure what the correct measurement is.
Googling I came up with 1 post that says 31 1/4 inches. Not sure if this is right or not.
What I measured off my car before cutting
outsides=31 7/8 in (so I'm wider by about 5/8 in. This seems like alot to be off by to me but I'm an amatuer so maybe I'm wrong)
insides=27 3/4 in
The previous owner took this car to a shop that didn't align or measure a whole lot as the the whole radiator support/headlight unit was installed crooked. I would expect a little room for error but they were way off. the measurements from the center of the adjusment screw on the coilovers are off by 5/8 in.
Strut tower to passenger headlight bolt= 19 1/2, driver is 18 7/8. This is part of the reason why my headlights were pointing extremely to left iI would assume.
I just want to make sure I get this as close to what its supposed to be before I start cutting up my tubing and welding it all into place. Thanks for any help guys.
http://imageshack.us/a/img546/5374/pc270017.jpg

ShadowMan
12-28-2012, 08:57 PM
way to come thru guys