PDA

View Full Version : Ready to get your mind blown?

OptionZero
03-27-2004, 10:41 PM
What's your first impression of this car?

OptionZero
03-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Well, too bad, cuz you'd be wrong...

Here's a hint why:...

link240
03-27-2004, 10:45 PM
ummmm ok :wtf: ...and your point is???

zero.counter
03-27-2004, 10:46 PM
A door kit which you can get, retails from autoloc and other dealers for the accord at around $400, a body kit, some rims, and an accord...

zero.counter
03-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Well, too bad, cuz you'd be wrong...

Here's a hint why:...
What the Autozone shift knob????

OptionZero
03-27-2004, 10:49 PM
First pic: Acura CL-Type S 6-spd tranny. LSD included

2nd pic: more proof, 3rd pedal

3rd pic: Comptech Supercharger

4th pic: Who says Honda boys don't know about offset and wheel design? Some sorta big brake kit, Rotora on the caliper...

More on this car: one of the no more than a couple in the world ...6gen Accord v6 w/ CL tranny and CT supercharger makin 312fwhp, soon to be rebuilt motor and upgraded supercharger putting down estimated 600fwhp, and yes it can kill your car.

Runs and driven from Socal to V6performance meet in Walnut Creek.

This is the only Accord that matters...

Flybert
03-27-2004, 10:52 PM
What's so mind blowing about a motor swap? This is sooooooo retarded. Wow, it's so mind blowing to see a 240 with an RB or civic with a B18 or a k20 or whatever they are called. Gayest thread ever. :ghey:

OptionZero
03-27-2004, 10:53 PM
wow, people replied between my posts

but yes, see my 3rd post and you will know why appearances are deceiving...

The owner was way cool, too...but you wouldn't believe him, buahaha

zero.counter
03-27-2004, 10:58 PM
and yes it can kill your car.

Now that is an aweful big statement for someone that does not know what everyone owns...

OptionZero
03-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Yes, I know, its a very general statement...but i'm tryin to be fun!
I just went to an Accord meet, and met some very nice people.

I give this guy major props since it was him and one other guy doing ALOT of custom fabbing, and he drove to freakin' Ohio to get the tranny, pull it, bring it back, then had to wire a HalTech up to the car with no instructions.

Plus, the Accord gets almost no love (deservingly so in some respects), but this guy and many others actually do want to make their cars better and put time and effort and creativity into it. Yes, there were tons of ricer wannabes and Type R V6 accords, but this is not one of them, he represents what is GOOD about car enthusiasts...taking a car with big limitations and refusing to let them stand in his way.

It also blew my mind because when i first saw, it i saw Black WIdow kit, RH wheels, ion coated headlights, and a skinny white dude in a wifebeater. Now I see hard work and dedication and a car that defies all expectations.

Maeda
03-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Ok, so he's got money....
And a little taste...
And enough balls to stand by what he likes...

It blew your mind that there are people like this out there? The world must becomming a sad place...

EDIT:
If door kits like that weren't so goddamn heavy i'd do it to my 240 just so I didn't have to push my car in and out of my closet garage.

OptionZero
03-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Actually it's not just money. Dude...remember...

First, it's actualy tracking down a tranny, which is super rare. Then, driving from Socal to Ohio and back to get it...and finally, He got it for $1g off an Acura test car.
2 guys tryin to figure out how to wire a Haltech up. Not too fun, not too easy. It's a black box with buncha wires and no directions!
Remember, nobody's ever tried putting this tranny in this chassis...

He ran outa money twice during this project but refused to give up and kept plugging away until he got it done.

Dedication. Effort. Things I think should be lauded.

The kit and crap..i'm pretty sure thats just to throw people off. Who expects a black widow accord to put down 300hp?

Its not just throwing money at a shop and tellin them to build it for him...he did it all himself with help from one other guy, and i think that is something to be lauded.
Isn't that what bein a car enthusiast all about?

TougeRacing
03-27-2004, 11:34 PM
its an accord...thats all i gotta say hahaha

OptionZero
03-27-2004, 11:35 PM
oh yeah, yes it does blow my mind. back in '98, i was seriously looking at an accord, and I noticed all the limitations...no aftermarket support, Honda's refusal to put a manual tranny on that chassis, the auto tranny's inability to handle torque...

They also petitioned alot of aftermarket companies to make parts for the Accord v6, and started development of parts on their own. I must give them props for being a very professional, knowledgeable, and hard-working car community, not letting the ricers define them and the market for their cars.

Bbandit
03-27-2004, 11:44 PM
is he going to use all of the money he spent into that car into good use? (road racing or any motorsport event?) or just for show? or maybe street racing :p ?

but!! i respect the guy and his determination.. sounds like he knows exactly what he wants.

brokenben
03-28-2004, 12:05 AM
hmm.. i dont know anything about hondas.. but the accord never came with a manual transmission..? thats gay.

nightwalker
03-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Most people put off Honda owners as "honduh" owners, but the one's who started in the "scene" know what they're doing. You would be surprised of how many nice, fast, and effectively modified Hondas there are. Maybe the doors are a bit much, but hey, if he likes it, thats his own business.

rancid240
03-28-2004, 12:26 AM
anybody runnin that kit and those doors is still ghey in my book.

DRFT
03-28-2004, 02:30 AM
i would lose the kit and go with 98-00 oem kit or 01-02 front bumper and lose the thrims and go with volks

nice car though a bit riced but has power to back it up.

and i see he got comptech SC...nice!

revat619
03-28-2004, 04:19 AM
I definitely tip my hat to this guy. Thats a lot of hard work (engine wise). And so what if its an accord? I guess cuz its not a nissan we all have to hate it right? :rolleyes: The amount of idiotic behavior on this site continues to rise....

Oh and about the doors, if i had the extra cash, i'd do that to my s14 just to piss off all the "jdm stick up my ass" 240 owners we have all come to know so well here on zilvia... :rolleyes:

jsr20det
03-28-2004, 05:53 AM
I've seen so many of these threads, it doesnt surprise me anymore. I think the half accord/half corvette still beats this.

JDM K's
03-28-2004, 08:37 AM
I don't know why some people think we Nissan guys are anti everything but Nissan. If a car is done with a good teast and has a purpose to suit the owner that is a project well done in my book. Here is my brother's Accord, it has Prelude H23 engine turbo charged
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/233000-233999/233526_20_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/233000-233999/233526_50_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/233000-233999/233526_48_full.jpg

His second car is a Prelude with H22 VTEC build engine which he is currently breaking in, hopefully in couple of weeks we will put turbo on it.

OptionZero
03-28-2004, 06:04 PM
The '98-'02 Accord v6 never came with a manual tranny. If it did, it would keep up with or beat the Prelude, which would cannibalize sales. To avoid internal competition and differentiate the cars, Honda didn't give the v6 a manual tranny.

As far as I know, this is a street car with occasional drag strip duties.

I highly doubt it could turn worth a damn, given that its goal is to put 600hp down. He's going to have to really tune the tire sizing and suspension to get anything but wheel spin.